• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • HB ARCHIVES: DungeonBuddy--DO NOT DELETE

Discussion in 'Archives' started by chinajade, Feb 27, 2013.

1. wtg001

wtg001 Member

I understand, but why did it work yesterday, but now doesn't? The lack of consistency (good or bad) is more frustrating than the actual bugs.

2. ShortRound

ShortRound New Member

It's the lack of information as to what's going on that bugs me more than the delays. What is the current state of affairs?

In other news, I've started work on a Coren Direbrew custom script. Let's see what I can hack together from reading through the other scripts.

3. y2krazy

y2krazy Community Developer

I have had Quests set to False for months. Stucks have been getting me kicked on this for so long that I no longer even consider dungeon quests an option. :/

4. y2krazy

hv,

Any insider information for a new HB release? It's been days with no status on coming updates by the devs as far as I can tell. I can understand taking the weekend off, but even at the end of Monday, we still haven't seen fixes to the plethora of problems with the last few releases. The lack of communication by the devs is disheartening to say the least and I personally feel The Buddy Team has been the best team around in terms of their products and the games they dev for ... but I digress. Thanks for YOUR updates, hv, they are valued more than you know. ;)

BTW: I don't hold any grudges against any particular dev, but the lack of communication and updates is worrisome to me because I personally feel better communication and more frequent updates about dev plans, bugs being worked on, etc. would resolve a bunch of the "PR" issues HB has seen recently. Not the thread/forum for this, but just wanted to clarify.

5. lilsavalex

lilsavalex Member

Anyone else having any issue with DB and Arch in mixed mode?

6. ShortRound

ShortRound New Member

For the last time (until the next time), the current problems are with HB CORE!!! Particularly the Navigator. This is NOT a Dungeon Buddy fault.

Dungeon Buddy has many of its own problems, true. And Highvoltz is normally very good at sorting those out. But he needs two things to do this.

One - proper information on what the problem is. Where did it occur? What exactly happened?
      Two - a FULL debug log.

(Three - it to actually be a Dungeon Buddy problem. Not combat routines. Not HB core. He can pass that information on to the relevant dev, but he needs those two things to do so.)

7. ShortRound

ShortRound New Member

Just so people are aware - I have the basic framework for the Coren Direbrew event in place. That's boss location, dungeon entrance and deaths. I just need to work on the logic now.

I intend to include the following:

Wait until all toons are inside the boss room before pulling.
      Talk to Coren and select gossip option 1/1 and then 1/2 to start the fight.
      Tank Coren in the middle of the room.

Direbrew minion. Trash. Pick up by the tank.
      Ilsa Direbrew - chucks mugs. Negligable damage. Pick up by the tank. Low priority target for dps. She respawns on Coren if killed. DESTROY the mugs when caught, not drink. Drinking pulls druids out of shapechange.
      Coren Direbrew - the boss. Avoid his Disarm spell - move out of melee range.
      Ursula Direbrew - probably the single most annoying dungeon mob in the game. Barrels (stuns) whoever is top of her aggro list. Do NOT let this be tank or healer. She respawns on Coren if killed.

Looks simple enough except for Ursula.

Don't kill her if at all possible. She'll respawn on Coren's location. That means melee range of the tank.
      Best scenario - use a pet (if we have one i.e. hunters, unholy DKs, frost mages, warlocks) to tank her and move her away from the tank.
      DPS should attack her if her current target is the tank or healer. Ignore her otherwise - we don't want her dying.
      Move away from the tank if we are her current target.

[EDIT]: Okay, I've got it so my toons can drink the Dire Brewmaiden's Brew if it appears in the bags using item.UseContainerItem() - is there a way to actually destroy it without using Lua?
      [EDIT]: Think I've got moving away from Disarm working and the targeting of Ursula. Now I need to move away from the tank if I'm her current target.

8. botorific

botorific New Member

Omg we need more people willing to do work like this. The coding for dungeons might as well be klingon to me.

9. ShortRound

ShortRound New Member

It is to me as well. That's why it's taking me so long.

10. Lowkick

Lowkick New Member

lowlvl dungeons wont work.... it crashes when i press start. It does work on my lvl 90's whats wrong ? :(

11. Celisuis

Celisuis New Member

As stated before.

Highvoltz knows about the problems. It's a problem with the HB Core not Dungeonbuddy.

We have to wait for the next honorbuddy release.

Until then, no Dungeonbuddy.

12. sarvelos

sarvelos New Member

13. botorific

botorific New Member

Soon... I feel it in my bones. Feels like the right amount of time for a solid release (hope I didn't jinx it)

14. y2krazy

Soon?...

^ fixed.

15. Gizmo123

Gizmo123 New Member

My Dugenonbuddy works however as soon as I click start my FPS drops from 50 to around 10....

It's only this bot-base what causes the problem. I've tried a fresh installed but the error is still occurring

Thanks

16. Mariusz

Mariusz New Member

working fine on lfr and random scenario ?? Amazing :D

17. highvoltz

highvoltz Well-Known Member

This issue is being looked at. thanks for report.

18. nedbear

nedbear New Member

Have you tried taking off Framelock in bot Config?

19. highvoltz

highvoltz Well-Known Member

Make sure your character is level 15+ and dungeonbuddy is configured to queue for dungeons. Previously if those conditions were not met then the bot would be stopped allowing the user to correct settings but a bug slipped in latest HB release causing bot to now crash.You will want to start HB without a relogger until you have correctly configured DB for now.

20. Rapolla79

Rapolla79 New Member

Must be nice that your LFR is working.... My toons tend to run all the way back to the begining of the dungeon after every boss fight... :(, I'll be patient. YOU GO HIGHVOLTZ!!! get this bad boy up and running, I love how well you've put this bot together!!!