• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • HB ARCHIVES: DungeonBuddy--DO NOT DELETE

Discussion in 'Archives' started by chinajade, Feb 27, 2013.

1. ShortRound

ShortRound New Member

Actually, if I recall the mechanics correctly, the heroic reset should be bypassed if you complete ALL the dungeons in that series. So if farming the End Time heroics, you would have to complete all three before the one to farm would became available again. Possible a bad example as we don't have scripts for all those but the principle is there.

2. Ducco

Ducco Member

anyone else having problems whit dugeonbuddy and low fps? running singular an framelock off

3. y2krazy

y2krazy Community Developer

Does highvoltz still work on this at all? Is anyone on the staff taking up his role in here?

That means the script file was not in the folder it should be in.

All LFR wings minus SoO 2, 3 and 4 are supported.

4. mymegabot

mymegabot Member

No idea. I wish they would opensource the BotBase ... I for one would work on it. Too much work to start from scratch, but I really enjoying running Dungeons and Raids ... and I think it would be so much better, or at least have timely fixes implemented. I'd do it for free ... at least until it was stable/functional ... could not promise I'd do it forever of course.

5. bennyquest

bennyquest Community Developer

have to agree with mymegabot....it should be open sourced then it could be rewritten to take a little easier to handle scripts I feel. I would also work on it as i have edited a few of the current scripts to my liking but it is like pulling teeth to try to get them just right in the current format.

6. RomanShade

RomanShade New Member

Indeed. There are some holes in the product, but all things considered it's not too bad. The problem is, you really need something you can run reliably and consistently without having a full 5-man bot team. I completely understand the position on that, as it's easier to be picked off in such small groups ... but then again, if the product is targeting only those who have a full 5-man team, the market is pretty small. While it's always a risk to bot, and dungeon botting is probably the most dangerous thing, if the user is willing to accept that risk and the company has decided to sponsor a dungeon bot, it should behave better.

I used to write a lot of game/bot related code ... but haven't in quite some time. I'm an old fart ... however my son has been a HonorBuddy fanatic for a couple of years ... and he's been pressing me to write a better dungeon bot. If someone did make the decision to open it up, I'd contribute some significant work. But the idea of starting from scratch also deters me ...

I just created an account so I could respond, without responding with my sons account. Who knows ... I used to speak to Hawker a little back in the day, maybe he'll let me help get this thing turned around. If for no other reason than to shut my son up ... :) Just kidding bud.

Thanks -
      Shade

7. ledz75

ledz75 New Member

I Was going to farm Justice Points by doing a single Heroic Dungeon over and over for the 70 justice points per boss in Cata. Right now i am doing a random normal dungeons but some of the dungeons are broke so randoms don't work unless your at your pc.... My brother and i have a 5 man bot setup. The idea was to get a full set of heirloom gear on all of our accounts for every playable class.

8. ShortRound

ShortRound New Member

For all those bleating, Highvoltz created DungeonBuddy off his own initiative. He also created ProfessionBuddy, another much loved botbase. At the moment, it is that second one that's getting the love because it was broken with the last few Honorbuddy releases.

If you want a 'better' version of DungeonBuddy or working scripts for old content, you are quite welcome to try to create a botbase or scripts from scratch yourself. If you do, you might even charge people for the privilege. You could even lock all the source code away in a .dll and not allow anybody else to see it. And then you could demonstrate rank hypocrisy by demanding others release their code.

The botbase is (relatively) stable and complete and well worth the inclusion in DB as a core botbase. It's actually in a better state than Gatherbuddy and BGBuddy. Admittedly, it would be nice to see a script for the latest LFR and I'm sure Highvoltz is working on one. So am I. But neither of us will release one that will get us insta-banned or doesn't work properly. Therefore you must wait until one is finished and deemed ready for public use.

9. RomanShade

RomanShade New Member

Well, since you've given us permission ... maybe we will.

10. RomanShade

RomanShade New Member

Hmmm ... should have stayed with the plan, eh? :)

11. y2krazy

y2krazy Community Developer

Totally understandable, but to me it's about organization and priorities (I say this with limited to no knowledge of highvoltz's work load, commitments, etc., so take it with a grain of salt). If a script is literally not working/continuing after a boss dies (Immerseus), or dies over and over because it tries to attack a mob the group skips over and over until you are vote kicked every time that dungeon is queued and run (bridge in the Gate of the Setting Sun), that's a SERIOUS issue that needs near-immediate resolution - otherwise, your product is not being used or you are contributing to the risk of a player report. Those things should not still exist for 1, 2 or 3+ months and go by unaddressed by the bot base's dev (or whomever is responsible for maintaining accurate and working script files, if they are different people). I can understand other things get in the way, but if something is risking a user's account unnecessarily, it should be addressed without issue. Am I wrong?

I agree that the botbase itself is not the issue 9 out of 10 people have. It is the scripts. Some of the same issues that have existed in the scripts for months, some 6+ months, are still there. If I knew how to code/modify the scripts, I would be the first one to donate my time as the benefit is mutual for myself and the community overall - less player reports overall and an improved experience for the end user of the software. Sadly, I am not able to code/modify the scripts, so I am at the mercy of highvoltz and whomever is able to assist in the process.

Again, if highvoltz is busy on other projects and/or with IRL things, that's completely fine by me, but when things are risking accounts and seemingly ignored on the forums, to me that presents not only a customer service issue, but an unnecessary risk.

If I'm far off base on how I feel, please let me know.

I continue to support you, highvoltz, as well as anyone who can help improve the product, but if things keep going without a fix for months on end, it puts into question the reliability I used to think of when I saw "The Buddy Team."

12. ledz75

ledz75 New Member

ShortRound, per your Suggestion i fixed the following Dungeons. Just copy the files into the following folder Dungeon Scripts/Cataclysm/Dungeons. I didn't fix Grim Batol because Dungeonbuddy couldn't run it in normal mode.

Blackrock Caverns Heroic
      The Stonecore Heroic
      Throne Of The Tides Heroic
      Halls of Origination Heroic
      The Vortex Pinnacle Heroic
      Lost City of the Tol'vir Heroic

I am running random Heroics right now successfully at around 600 justice points a dungeon depending on the amount of bosses in them.

View attachment Blackrock Caverns Heroic.cs
      View attachment Halls of Origination Heroic.cs
      View attachment Lost City of the Tol'vir Heroic.cs
      View attachment The Stonecore Heroic.cs
      View attachment The Vortex Pinnacle Heroic.cs
      View attachment Throne Of The Tides Heroic.cs

13. jrdemail@gmail.com

jrdemail@gmail.com New Member

You're my hero!!

14. razer

razer New Member

You get 600JP from cata dungeons? How is that

15. ledz75

ledz75 New Member

4 bosses with 150 for random and level 25 guild = 494
      5 bosses with 150 for random and level 25 guild = 580
      86 per boss
      so not 600

16. razer

razer New Member

Cata dungeons are only lvl 85 So they dont scale the JP points by level?

17. ledz75

ledz75 New Member

I got to level 85 then turned off experience gains. So if you do randoms the instances don't lock and there is no limit to how often you can run them. I have been doing Randoms for the past 2 hrs or so an those are the numbers i have been getting. If you run only one specific dungeon in heroic it will lock so the key is random dungeons and be in a level 25 guild.

18. razer

razer New Member

Cool. Cant wait for RAF to come back then.

19. danyo

danyo New Member

It'd be great if the Dungeon buddy > Raid > Tabs would support the last 4 wings in SoO. The first wing is mediocre as it follows the raid around with a bit of assistance after killing the first boss. But if you try to load any of the last three wings all it does is stand there and accept ready checks, and ressurections. Just FYI incase anybody is wondering...

20. botorific

botorific New Member

Not sure what level you are still allowed to queue random cata heroics - but I think you can post lvl 85. Not sure how long. If you're going for heirloom farming, might be worth locking xp temporarily.