• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • HB ARCHIVES: Feedback for Honorbuddy Improvements--DO NOT DELETE!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by chinajade, Oct 15, 2012.

1. basaradavid

basaradavid New Member

BUMP!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TheBuddyForum mobile app

2. Enkitir

Enkitir Member

3. Weridoz

Weridoz New Member

Not really feedback on the bot itself but to the devs.

Try to update atleast twice a day on the progress on the bot after patches, like 12am and 12pm or something along those lines. That would make people shitstorm less on the forum, less shit to clean up. Doesn't have to be a novel just say shit like;

Still working on it
      <Random message if you got other things to add>

4. gregorio

gregorio New Member

general improvements bg buddy
      sorry for my english

5. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

yeah that too.

6. toliman

toliman Member

The issue is, navigation doesn't always work. 80% of the time, a high level script will check zone id, and defer to a transport routine like you propose, but there are good reasons to move this within a more complex module, namely handling failures, complexities and editing or custom options for classes with portals, etc.

PB, should be the arbiters of this kind of transport, because it will be problematic to test, lots of unforeseen issues, and requires an unusual level of access to character info.

eg. missing the boat, being phased, not a high enough level, haven't unlocked the portal to use or, done the quests, not enough gold to buy a mount, flying or pandaria flying, etc.

For every issue, a condition has to be considered and a test made, and a solution found, before the main script will start. In the case of phased areas, heh.

Or scenarios, instances, raids, whatever.

7. Botanist

Botanist Banned

I recently made several post with examples of how to address some of these issues. For whatever reason, one of the mods keeps removing the post. Guess they don't want users knowing about it to keep them from complaining.

8. TopTen

TopTen New Member

Is that it?

9. Botanist

Botanist Banned

That would be one of them.

10. Botanist

Botanist Banned

As you said, the profile writer can choose to add all the condition checks. HB Devs aren't going to take the time to add all those checks into HB, there are simply too many individual checks. But over time, the data could be collected by individual profiles, thus establishing a database which could later be incorporated. As a profile writer, I try my best to to keep HB from attempting to think. As soon as it does, something will bug.

11. pandina

pandina New Member

Dungeon Buddy is Ossetians one I will vote for

pet combat I do not think some would use

12. Paranoid

Paranoid New Member

Alright so after reading this thread and staying tuned I have to agree with a lot of people when it comes to the Questing ? Dungenbot ? Gatherbot and navigation problems that sometimes occur. But I honestly don?t know the hate which people have given against ?Pet Combat Bot Base?. I?m going to stand out from the crowd, maybe because it?s over the internet and w/e but that is actually a future bot base I would LOVE to have. Maybe people have not thought of this so I might as well say it to those whom are still struggling and have a big headache with the questing in WoW.

You can level your tune with Pet Battles, all you need are two special plugins, ?Battle Pet Swapper? & ?POKEBUDDY? and as usually a good profile. I?ve tried to compare questing and leveling by pet battles and sure questing does go faster if it?s 100% afk able, but actually from 80/85-90 pet battles goes faster because I have not encountered one single ?live? or ?free profile? that will go 100% afk. While pet battles are much as the archaeology bot it?s much to 99.9% afk able if you just use the right profile.
      Also people should consider that this is planning, while also posting this I would like thank the dev team for taking time in fixing and improving HB. Also a little future improvement I would like to see is when it comes to professionbuddy ? I would love to have a simple profession leveling(I know that there are A LOT of profiles, but I have not found profiles for all professions that goe 100% automated)that only levels the profession, ofc all profession should be supported. For example( running instances for leveling enchanting etc)
      Else I?m pretty happy with the product for what I use it for. :D

13. maybe

maybe Community Developer

There is a pretty decent tool for pet battles.

Its not included by default, and its not perfect (yet).

But it should be the dev's last worry, since im already taking care of the pet battles :)

14. ahlbhg123

ahlbhg123 New Member

Hello, I am using 658 version and its problems I have met will be reported below.

The AHBOT script of professional mode cannot cancel goods when doing an auction.

Sometimes, the flight acquisition mode is easy to be ceased when backpack is full.

Moreover, when is the salesman script can be upgraded ?

Thank you so much for your kind help.

15. frozenheliacal

frozenheliacal New Member

hi , I still can't connect with the bot
      the error is You have not selected a valid instance of WoW to attach to!
      Please restart Honorbuddy and choose a valid instance of WoW to use Honorbuddy with!
      This version of Honorbuddy only supports WoW Build #17371
      You are currently on build #0
      pls help me :)

16. Sjoo

Sjoo New Member

That's right, BGbuddy has been a pain for a long time now. Friends of mine (who don't bot and never did) told me they can report 10-20 botters within the first 20 seconds of each IoC, just because it's that obvious.

However Dungeonbuddy works fine for me (with a little assistance here and there, that is).

17. ahlbhg123

ahlbhg123 New Member

hi

Impossible. I use the previously set to complete the script. Will show we are stuck. this is occasionally occurs when the bag full of ready to return, not every ID is so

18. randomstraw

randomstraw Community Developer

@Honorbuddy.Launcher.exe

exit it appropriately on HB launch, not "hblauncher doesn't respond, force close"-style :)

19. Mandingo

Mandingo New Member

I would find use for:
      Pet Combat Bot Base
      Stuck Handler Improvements

Thank you for the bot, it makes the games grind acceptable.

20. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

It would be very good to add to following parameter option to "UserSettings" Custom Behavior called "RessAtMaxDistance", this parameter which could be of type bool means that the bot will find the maximum distance in which it can ress away from the body... this is extremely good to stop infinity loop resurrection and saves us ressing at the spirit healers, it would also be good on several quests one of which is called "The Endless Flow".. basically it stops people from ressing where they will just die anyway since the died in a place where mobs are in one big bunch (such as horde guards near a town), it will also be designed to ress where it's not in aggro range of mobs.

Thank you.