• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • HB ARCHIVES: Kick's Old Posts Thread--DO NOT DELETE!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by fhlhwow, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Mario27

Mario27 Banned

hey when i quest and he going to delete things the profile never delete Netherweave cloth while i have white grey to delete but stil he doesend delete Netherweave cloth at the vendor?

2. chinajade

chinajade Well-Known Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

Hi, Mario27,

What you describe isn't a profile issue, and really should be in the Support section. But, since you're here...

Go into your Protected Items.xml and ForceMail.xml and delete the items from there. Its better to comment them out, rather than delete them, like this:

<!-- <Item Name="Netherweave Cloth" Entry="21877" /> -->

Some things to know:
      • Protected Items.xml and ForceMail.xml affects all the toons driven by Honorbuddy, not just the one you're currently playing
      • If an item is in the ForceMail.xml file, it is also considered a 'protected item', so you'll have to make any edits in both places
      • Each time Honorbuddy is updated, it will overwrite these files. You'll need to make the edits again. So you might want to squirrel a copy of your edited files away.
      • 'Protected items' whether implicit or explicit are unaffected by the <MailWhite>, <SellWhite>, etc tags defined by the profile

cheers,
      chinajade

3. lyndonm33

lyndonm33 Member

The way i fixed this is by doing a few of the quests I had in my log that the bot picked up, was about 1-2 quests that were in the log . (one involved picking up all the core's from the mechanical things around)
      hope it helped :)

4. Cny1994

Cny1994 New Member

Hey my bot starts grinding after level 35, anyone knows why? :eek:
      im using the qusting profile so it dosent make anysence to me :/

5. chinajade

Hi, Cny1994,

Without a log, we can't say for certain. But, Kick sometimes determines that its not safe for all classes--especially squishes--to proceed to the next set of quests until they have a certain minimum level. When he encounters those situations, he'll send toons off to grind until they get the requisite level to do the next set of quests safely.

I don't know if this is your case or not. But, its all part of great quest profile design.

cheers,
      chinajade

6. hackersrage

hackersrage Member Buddy Store Developer

I have an idea for adding Recruit-A-Friend support ::

Would it be possible if you were to make a copy of the profiles and at major hand in points (where a lot of quests are being turned in at once, or where big xp is gonna happen from quest hand in's), to either put a pause -- or even better, add support to "Summon Friend" via an addon for HonorBuddy or something. Prompt for now should suffice. Basically, this would save hours of grinding out quests / etc, and summon can occur once every 30 minutes or so. If needed I can provide with LUA code for the summon friend capability.

Your scripts are massive, and work very well, but due to their size, it is difficult to navigate through it all and/or place pauses at quest hand in points --- ps... the glitch appears to have been fixed in "Gather the Intelligence" as the item is now lootable.

If you can do this, then I can assist in nuking out "grey" quests as the progress happens MUCH faster so a lot of quests/etc will be skipped.

I know there is no native support for RAF, however, I believe this would work well since the raf bonus vs soloing on kills isn't really worth-while, however quest hand-ins are an absolute necessity for triple xp and triple rep for the RAF to be present at the turn in point (and within a couple levels diff, but that can be taken care of manually if needed).

Cheers.

7. Aroz

Aroz New Member

Hi, first time user of honorbuddy here!

Just a quick question, hopefully it hasn't been asked before.

I'm currently using it with my Balance Druid, which has been working great, but when he encounters multiple mobs (2-5), he occasionally just spams Hibernate on one of the targets, and I have to stop and start it again. I tried looking for Hibernate in the class config, but couldn't find it. Any tips?

Thanks for the awesome work! :)

8. Cny1994

Cny1994 New Member

This should be the one
      Im using a warrior and im in EP

Attached Files:

9. c4sper

c4sper New Member

hi, bei den silkw quests im tal der winde (86-87) versucht der bot verzweifelt den flugmeister beim halbh?gel aufzufinden der mit 5.1 versetzt wurde (Wing Nga - NPC - World of Warcraft). d?rfte also wohl ein nav fehler sein - schreibe es dennoch hier rein, falls es jmd andres noch liest.

10. chinajade

Hi, C4sper,

The fix for this was posted a few pages back.

cheers,
      chinajade

11. infernouk

infernouk New Member

hey guys, im running the townlong steppes quests script and its got to the temple part with the massive glowing yak and does a couple of quests then just likes to run off to 1 spot and stand there for no reason... anyone had problems?

12. chinajade

Hi again, Cny1994,

Yes, this profile is going to grind you to level 45....
      [10:26:14.762 D] [QDBG] Starting behavior [ForcedGrindTo Level: 45].

I have no explanation for the disparity between your level (41), and the need for level 45. It will be up to Kick to explain why four levels were necessary, as I can find no comments in the profile for such. All I can tell you, he's tested the fool out of his profiles, and probably decided that the next set of quests weren't safe or less than level 45 squishes.

The fact that you are a warrior may have something to do with it. Perhaps you are running through content too fast, and not doing as much grinding completing the quests as other classes do.

I know that its painful for you as a warrior, but nothing to be done about it, unless you'd like to run someone else's profiles for a while, and come back.

cheers,
      chinajade

13. chinajade

Hi, Infernouk,

Yes, I've had problems there several times also... you'll just have to help it out.

The underlying cause is the InteractWith behavior is still kinda broken since the HB-rewrite/WoWpatch. This affects a number of quests that now require a helping hand.

cheers,
      chinajade

14. Stormchasing

Stormchasing Community Developer

15. infernouk

infernouk New Member

yea seems its done all the quests it wants to do, it tried to swap to dreadwastes but as im not 90 it just stalled, looks like i have to go back to kunlai summit for the last 50%!

16. thebrodieman

thebrodieman Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

17. mgarley

mgarley New Member

Help Please

I have edited the lines 914 and 915 using Notepad ++. Prior it was running to the previous location for Wing Nga, now it just sets there saying that the goal is the newly entered coordinates. However it does nothing other than sit. Is there something else I need to be editing?

Attached Files:

18. chinajade

Hi, Mgarley,

The InteractWith behavior Kick's using on line 915 is still kinda broken since the WoWpatch. Just comment it out, like this:

<!-- <CustomBehavior File="InteractWith" MobId="60231" X="-221.9236" Y="461.6528" Z="185.442" /> -->

THEN, walk up to Wing Nga and make sure she's got no 'interaction' for you. If not, just start running the profile again. I'm not sure why Kick wanted to have a chat with her at that point. Maybe the action he originally needed was removed with her move.

cheers,
      chinajade

19. ination

ination New Member

I only have "Questing" from the drop down menu, no "Questbot". Or did you mean the same thing? If not, is it something I have to download it and install like AutoAngler? Sorry still a bit new at this.

20. thebrodieman

thebrodieman Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Same thing, sorry. I always see QuestBot in my head. "GrindBot, CombatBot" just thought for a moment "QuestBot"

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.