• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • HB ARCHIVES: Kick's Old Posts Thread--DO NOT DELETE!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by fhlhwow, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Meowman

Meowman New Member

Hey guys,

This has happened a few times to me,

I am currently lvl 81, in mount hyjal using the questbot.

Each time I go to start the bot, it loads up and starts "compiling XXXX quest hub" then "moving to co ords" and sticks there. Same thing happens on two seperate Pc's.

Here is the log

View attachment 4264 2013-02-01 01.31.txt

2. thebrodieman

thebrodieman Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

That quest was updated last night. Try it again, should be fixed. (Also that issue was listed in known bugs as intentional testing of code, please read post 2 for all bugs known before posting)

Chance of niuzao temple is 1 in 4. To code in "pickup AC quests, now pickup Shadopan, now get Shadopan companion, now do AC quests" would cause more issues than good when it came time for Shadopan.

Do you have a log file?

3. Crujones

Crujones New Member

I apologize but I am very slow/not understanding the whole fresh install trick concept.

Can someone explain it to me in dumber simpler terms? I don't understand what to copy/paste and what to delete. Just the profiles folder or what?

Sorry and thanks

4. Quiksmage

Quiksmage Member

5. thebrodieman

PerformTradeskillOn.cs did not run according to your log. Not sure if it thought the quest was complete, or what not. But where it should have been was a "behavior seen as done". Hmm...to be safe I will test this tonight starting from partially complete to make sure it will cook less than 5 on command.

In the meantime, check cache (I'm sure you've already done the quest though), check that PerformTradeskillOn.cs is mine and not HB's default.

6. phasechange

phasechange Member

On the quest pooped it will go to turn it in to my serpent hatchling but just stand right next to it and afk. It won't target it or open the quest turn in dialogue. If I manually select the hatchling nothing happens.

The info tab actually says turning in the quest Sweet as honey.

If I manually turn in the quest pooped, the bot will continue as normal. Log attached.

Attached Files:

7. Mario27

Mario27 Banned

in kun lai Zouchin Village once it needs a repair it goes via the sea where water is and there are all elite mobs and keeps dying could u change that route to get an repair?

8. thebrodieman

I'll double check all the Pooped turnins. Also, I noticed a glitch on the wow end where the hatchling was stuck inside the neighboring house. It caused my bot to afk. This wasn't the case was it?

9. phasechange

phasechange Member

No it was inside the fenced area just floating around.

Also, I posted a few pages back about the rampage against the machine quest where kovak ends up dying because he's too close to the mantids and the slice doesn't hit them. Is it possible to code the profile to fly back to kovak and enter him again (since he's a vehicle) and continue the quest? His co-ords are 50, 41.

He just ended up dying for me again and I had to manually fly back to him to continue the quest.

10. thebrodieman

And I had responded stating:

This quest is QB controlled and I am not well enough versed with QB creation/coding to be able to implement this. Original author to this QB I believe was Vego. I'm sorry I can't help much more on this.

11. phasechange

phasechange Member

I think you're misunderstanding me. I understand that you can't change the quest behavior of kovak himself, but after he's dead, you resume control of your character and bot usually just stands in place doing nothing. Would it be possible to have the bot fly your character back to kovak like he does initially?

If not I guess I'll try to get in contact with Vego.

12. 20kilo

20kilo New Member

Hello kick's, 1st of all thanks for all that work, i cant believe what it takes to do a suck freaking great profiles, i have to say, i come back to wow like 40 days ago, and im lvling 6 account, all with your profiles, at 1st i was almost killing myself and kicking my computer of so many stop to do that and so many bugs, but i search on forum and saw the new patch fuck things up, and i just keep refresing the profiles and OMG all staying smooth for a long times XD
      I used some bots in the past (never hb) and this bot is freaking amazing in what can be done lol

I have several issues that i never looked into, and now i will start to report them to make this work greater ;)
      There is anyway to find the logs faster than the currenty way? i use only 1 hb folder for all my bots, and there's ALOOOT logs :p takes 10 minutes to find the ones to send you now!

I tried to insert my logs here but both have more than 1mb so i used my dropbox for this job ;)

NO BUGS HERE WAS ONE OF MY ADDONS FUCKING QUESTS FOR THE HB :/

The Bears Up there - Mount Hyjal
      This quest the bot climb the tree and stay there doing nothing, i usually do this manually them the bot keep from there ;)

Keep Them of the Front - Deepholm
      This quest the bot enter the veicle for bombing mobs and stay there too doing nothing :p

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    13. thebrodieman

RampageAgainstTheMachine.cs only ends when it returns complete. Death of kovak does not constitute complete so the bot keeps running the QB. I'll scan thru and see if there's an "if dead" clause that might be returning wrong. I remember the initial version of this QB would auto drop kovak to return to the start and remount.

14. phasechange

phasechange Member

I greatly appreciate your efforts. Your profiles have been a major help to me and I'm glad to consider myself an "unofficial tester" ;)

15. phreeze

phreeze New Member

Inserted log while questing in the MOP 'Valley of 4 winds' at lvl 87, just can't continue questing

hope it helps you

Attached Files:

16. Crujones

Crujones New Member

I am going to shamelessly ask again because I really enjoy this profile and I want to be efficient with it.

But can someone explain to me in a more detailed way how to do the copy pasting fresh install trick? Having to re install everything every day is getting tiresome and old especially now that I am using more plug ins

17. thebrodieman

Install HB to a folder called "HB clean" (example).
      Copy all plugins and QB needed into clean folder.
      You can run the clean copy of HB to set your settings but NEVER use it for quests.
      Every morning, delete your HB folder, copy the clean, paste the clean one wherever you need/want it, then use the copy.
      Repeat each day.

18. kathoreas

kathoreas New Member

i just want it to do the golden lotus dailies, but it did a quest or 2 and the bot stopped..now when i start it the "continue" box pops up and then it switches to tiller dailies. seriously how can i just get it to do GL?

19. kathoreas

kathoreas New Member

seems to be working fine now, i finished the golden stair quests myself and now it's doing mistfall village.

so you can't stop the bot during a set of dailies?

20. Ravedy

Ravedy New Member

I am leveling my rogue in Borean atm. I cant get past the [Cant Get Ear Nough] quest. The bot spams Arch Druid Lathorius for more ears, but i dont have any in inventory. Been doing that for 15 minutes now :p
      View attachment 6440 2013-02-01 19.33.txt

Nvm. I restarted the bot and reselected the proffile and it went oki.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.