• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • HB ARCHIVES: Kick's Old Posts Thread--DO NOT DELETE!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by fhlhwow, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

How To Attach A Log [Kick]

Gather Rot Blossoms - Quest - World of Warcraft

^^ wowhead says differently ... let's see that log

2. HB2879M82

HB2879M82 New Member

Profile switches and runs death course

Having an issue when switching between the Troll 1-5 to Durotar 5-12. Bot will do the following action:

Activity: Moving towards - <1573.266, -4439.158, 16.05683>

He will run from south Durotar to Org, set hearth, then make a round through Org and out the West gate and down the river where he gets mauled by level 14+ lions from The Barrens. Stopped bot after 2-3 deaths, ran back to Razor Hill and attempted to manually pick up quests and restart but continues to run north to the same coordinates. Restarted both WoW and HB and nothing helped. I am not sure where he starts quests at level 5 but I would assume it should start in Razor Hill where mobs are his level. If any more info is needed I will provide what I can.

Attached Files:

3. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

update from svn, press start (after you get away from those nasty lvl 14's)

4. Kekskruemel

Kekskruemel Member

Hi Kickazz,

thx for your work.

Little Question because I have some problems with my moonkin on one quest.

<Objective QuestName="The Point of No Return" QuestId="30784" Type="KillMob" MobId="61055" KillCount="1" /> <!-- Kicks back -->

The npc kicks my moonkin back until he evades.

Any chance the moonkin run to the npc so he doesnt get kicked to far away ?

Sorry no logs here currently on my iphone.

Using default Singular.

Thx & Greetings

5. deathslice

deathslice New Member

first of all, the BT quest for 70-72 had lots of stuck errors, and kept dying in water. But finally i got to 72 so it wasnt a big deal.

now, the bot continues to run in Bt instead of moving to dragonblight. I dont understand why. Ive started/stopped multiple times. Ive exited honorbuddy, exited wow. Idk why it wont change zones, it just continues to fight underwater in borean and cause problems.

6. chinajade

chinajade Well-Known Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

Hi, Deathslice,

As always, we've no way to help you without a full log attached that demonstrates the problem.

cheers,
      chinajade

7. deathslice

deathslice New Member

8. chinajade

Hi, Deathslice, and thank you for the log.

This log shows you questing just fine. Although, your RetriPaladin Combat Routine is having some heartburn. You might want to notify the author of that Combat Routine about the problem.

I see your issue now, and its just a mis-understanding. Kick's Lich King profile executes a fixed set of quests, regardless of your level. It does not "skip ahead" when you out level the zone. This is a design choice, and it will remain this way.

If you want "quickest way to 90", you need to look at some other author's profile pack.

cheers,
      chinajade

9. echelon17

echelon17 New Member

Not a bug, more of a request. Can you add an AvoidMob clause or some avoid pathing for Sha of Anger in Kun-Kai Summit? Running through him to get 1 shot multiple times is not fun ;)

Thanks!

EDIT: I see there's already a blackspot in there, but the location seems very different from where I've found him. Added this to mine and it seems to have done the trick:

Code:
      <Blackspot X="2737.45" Y="1711.46" Z="647.6364" Radius="50" /><!-- Sha of Anger 2nd Location -->

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
    10. chinajade

Hi, Echelon17,

Most of the time when my toons run past the location, the Sha is never up. Guess you got lucky. :D

The AvoidMob and appropriate blackspots are already in place. Unfortunately, AvoidMob directive does not avoid the mob--instead, it just means that Honorbuddy will not pull the mob. (Ref: Honorbuddy Profile Tag: AvoidMobs - Buddy Wiki).

The blackspots are ineffective in that area, because the terrain is flat (making the navigational tiles large, and thus ignored). (Ref: Profile Writing: About meshes, navigation, and blackspots - Buddy Wiki).

In short, Kick has done everything possible to address the problem. But, the tools Honorbuddy provides are insufficient for getting the job done satisfactorily.

@Kick,
      Echolon17 reports he's added another blackspot that was effective at solving the problem with Sha of Anger--you might give it a look.

cheers,
      chinajade

11. Joos

Joos New Member

I've deleted both wow cache and ive deleted hb cache. I start with a fresh hb install so i couldnt be the hb cache. Its still not working. I expect that my char doesnt keep leveling in a low lvl zone. The mobs there are green. Some of the quest may be yellow. I want the char to lvl in the appropiate zone. Like now she's lvl 79 should be leveling in Icecrown or storm peaks. And dont think i've completen the quests in Sholazar Basin but i dont want it to complete it. Is that possible or do u have to complete every quest in every zone?

Attached Files:

12. chinajade

Hi again, Joos,

Ah yes, its a misunderstanding. The answer for you is the same as we gave to Deathslice a few posts above.

cheers & happy questing,
      chinajade

13. JohnWayne

JohnWayne Member

14. crush1717

crush1717 New Member

Same problem with a pally and a warrior changing to Durotar level 5-12 both toons get stuck int he lift going towards fright path..so i dont think its combat routine..

15. whodey69

whodey69 New Member

amazing profile pack, been using it for weeks now.

Hit a snag tho, first time leveling through bc/cata. Every time I load up the profile it goal is always "grinding to level *insert my next level*"

It's been doing it since level 66, just wondering if it is because there is no quest profiles for these levels?

16. Thunderball

Thunderball New Member

Awesome pack the only problem when i'm leveling my feral druid is that he keeps choosing +intel items as quest rewards :(

17. tumbum

tumbum Active Member

The new "InteractWith" QB is for HB Beta? Because with the latest HB Release and your new Version of "InteractWith" from SVN, i get an endless loop, if my Toons try to use it.

18. milkyway12

milkyway12 New Member

I just want to state that when i use your SVN kick, that " Quest Behaviors " are never updated. Actually my Quest Behavior file is empty. Not sure why.

Is this normal?

19. chinajade

Hi, Tumbum,

Can you show us what's going on? The core logic of InteractWith was not touched. Only a new feature (multi-hotspot hunting grounds) was added. That didn't cause any loops in our testing.

cheers,
      chinajade

UPDATE 1:
      Tumbum, I just spend about 90 minutes combing through the InteractWith changes looking for bugs that may have been introduced by the changes, and find nothing untoward. We tested the changes, of course, but the test was against the Beta (not Released) HBcore.

If you can provide a log and/or more details it would certainly be appreciated--this has got me bothered.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
    20. chinajade

Hi, Milkyway12,

It is possible that the Kick-provided Quest Behaviors directory may be empty shortly after a new Honorbuddy drop. However, in the latest version of Kick's profile pack (v2184 as of this writing), it contains at least four behaviors.

Sounds like your copy of Kick's profiles may be stale.

cheers,
      chinajade

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.