• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • HB ARCHIVES: Singular--DO NOT DELETE

Discussion in 'Archives' started by bobby53, Nov 19, 2012.

1. xaq

xaq New Member

has mist weaver been fully implemented yet? I notice the front page still says partial?

2. tigerlady3012

tigerlady3012 New Member

For me it does not work:-(

3. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

muztek, Welcome to HonorBuddy! When posting in the Singular forum, you will want to provide more information about your character. For details on how to do this, see Bobby53's Standard Response (click here). Thanks again for your post and good luck with your DK, Bobby53

4. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

xaq, No it has not. It is partially implemented which in the case of Mistweaver means it supports solo combat for use while questing, grinding, etc. and basic healing (should heal dungeons through Level 60.) I am in the process of fully implementing and should have a release posted later today. Thanks for checking in, -Bobby53

5. boizee

boizee New Member

Hey there just a suggestion with the Shaman Resto Rotation. Is there anyway to add in a line to make it check for Mana Tide Totem before placing any other form of water totem?. I just think atleast in the lower levels it contributes a huge amount to mana regen and overall effeciency.

6. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

What Class+Spec are you?: Mage - Unknown (below level 10)
      What 'context' is the bot in? (Instance, BG, Normal): Questing
      What level are you?: 4
      Have you made any modifications to Singular?: Yes, use Trinkets and Flasks/Elixirs
      What time (HH:MM:SS) or LogMark did your issue occur? 10:16:27.746 D - Around here
      What happened (be specific)? The mage bot used AoE when there was a lot of neutral mobs around, I believe the bot doesn't take the neutral mobs count in consideration when using AoE spells, this doesn't happen every often. So the bot ends up pulling about 5 mobs and ends up dying a lot.

I believe the bot shouldn't use an AoE spell if they're too many neutral mobs around.

Did you attach a complete debug log? (choose one: YES or YES) YES

Attached Files:

7. Battler624

Battler624 Member

Why do i feel this scene is dead ? I'm just getting back and it seems this is the only truly "active" custom-class "or as you call it, combat routine"

8. Soeski

Soeski Member

Dead? Have you seen Millz' CR's, TuanHA's, YourRaidingBuddy, Oracle?! It's far from dead.

9. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

boizee, Thanks for the post. A check is made, so if a water totem is cast while a Mana Tide Totem exists it is a bug. Please see Reporting Bugs [click here] and follow those steps so I have enough information to be able to look into the issue for you. Thanks and good luck with your Shaman, Bobby53

10. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Giwin, Thanks for the post. Singular takes into account whether there are neutral mobs in range and suppresses AOE usage in some cases, but intentionally does not for all AOE casts especially for cases where the character should be able to handle adds. For a Lowbie character such as the Mage in the log file you provided, it should avoid casting Frost Nova if any neutral mobs is in range. I've made a fix for this available in the next release of Singular. Thanks for the log file and good luck with your Mage, Bobby53

11. Arnold2222

Arnold2222 New Member

Hi, thanks for gj :)
      Short question, in HB is implemented v 3502 but on page I can see 3494, also you wrote that it is implemented into HB so when you make new version the HB ll request update to get newest version ?
      Thanks in advance.

12. acended

acended Member

Hi i am using singualar for my hunter it beats all other cc's hand down in SOO :) but i have an issue.

People in my raid have an addon called bad pet and that is showing that my pet is taunting all trash mobs, i have looked at the cc settings but cant find where to turn pet taunting off, can you help plz

13. velonici

velonici Member

Are there any known issues of using the glove enchants from engineering? I have the Synapse Spring on my hunters gloves but she never uses them. I have tried to set the option to "use in combat on cooldown" and on "use on cooldown but makes no difference. I can post a log if needed but wanted to check first.

14. junk

junk New Member

[Posted originally on the support forum, but since this is Singular related, I was forwarded here. LINK]

What Class+Spec are you?: Resto Shaman
      What 'context' is the bot in? (Instance, BG, Normal): DungeonBuddy RAF team
      What level are you?: Started noticing this since lvl ~60
      Have you made any modifications to Singular?: See below
      What time (HH:MM:SS) or LogMark did your issue occur? Description of logs
      What happened (be specific)? See my rather confusing description below
      Did you attach a complete debug log? (choose one: YES or YES) YES

So, I am running a 5-man RAF team and at around the time of Hellfire Ramparts my tank started dying. So I started watching the healer closely and noticed that while the tank is taking huge damage spikes, the healer does literally nothing to help him, only refreshing Riptide and Earth Shield from time to time, but that was not enough for him to survive. The tank died and while the DPSs took aggro, the healer started to pull out everything he had to save them. I started to think something of family issues within the group :)

This situation is visible in the first log. The fight goes wrong at around 19:54:38, where the palading starts dropping on health and the only activity I can see from the shaman is Healing wave which is even cancelled before the cast finished. The tank dies at 19:54:45.

Another death occurs at 19:52:10, pally's health drops but no heal is coming from the shammy. Tank died at 19:52:14, the rest of the group is healed just fine until the tank is battlerez'd.

View attachment 4148 2014-07-09 21.43.txt

After this I wasn't very successful at collecting tank deaths' logs, but at least I've captured situatons where it was "just close" and the shamans slacking is quite visible in there. Second situation and the second log was from Vortex Pinnacle. At around 18:11:00 he pulled a bigger pack of mobs and started dropping on health as much as to 28%. For the following 25 second the only heal that he got from the healer was Riptide, nothing otherwise.

View attachment 4196 2014-07-14 20.03.txt

At this point I should state, that I use only the default Honorbuddy installation, with no extra plugins, the DungeonBuddy and Singular config is set up according to the DB guide (i.e. Targeting and Movement disabled in Singular, as recommended). I have tried enabling the targeting back to no avail, I also tried disabling DPS for healer. One of the brigter moments seemed to be when I bumped Framelock rate from 10 to 20, but this turned out to be false positive, not actually solving the problem.

Still without feasible results, I started digging a little in the code. I ended up with VERY stripped version of Restoration.cs, leaving the minimum with only Healing Wave and Healing Surge in that code (the file reduced to ~20 kB). To my surprise the shaman was healing just fine all party members including tank. After this findings I was slowly putting original pieces of code back into Restoration.cs and finally seemed to have narrowed down the problem to line 633, where "CreateRestoShamanBuffTidalWaves()" is being called. This seems to have helped at the point where I was so I wanted to dig a bit deeper, but sadly at that time my 5-man team has already collected enough gear so the tank was unable to take any noticable damage, rendering all my subsequent dungeon tests pretty useless.

One last thing I could do was to find a dungeon with lava where I can jump in with my tank to see what the healer does. I found one and was testing this with both the modified and unmodified version of Restoration.cs, with the result being same for both - the healer was doing fine and topped up the tank without problems. With an important difference from a real run - this was out of combat.

To sum up my findings:
      - shaman often completely ignoring the tank with direct spells, only Riptide and Earth Shield are used
      - with healer DPS enabled, it only does damage when the tank is topped up
      - when the tank health drops, healer will neither heal him, nor do DPS
      - healing of the rest of the group is working fine, no issues there, all heals immediate
      - healer is healing tank just fine when out-of-combat

NOTE: One of my theories says that the CreateRestoShamanBuffTidalWaves() method attempts to use Riptide every time when Tidal Waves buff is not up. Riptide however has a 6 sec cooldown, and while it can be removed by using specific glyph, not everyone uses this. In case the code has been written with the expectation of having no cooldown on Riptide, blocking of other actions might be happening, but I'm not familiar enough with the code to confirm this to be true.

Thanks for lookig into this and sorry for the confusing description, I'm still trying to figure out myself what's happening.

--junk

15. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Arnold2222, Thanks for the post but not sure I follow the specifics of the question, but get the general idea you have a question regarding the versions. You can always view the version of Singular loaded by clicking Class Config. If you have a question regarding your installation please be sure to include a Log File attached to your post. See Reporting Bugs (click here) for details. Thanks and good luck, Bobby53

16. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

acended, You'll want to follow the steps in Reporting Bugs (click here) when posting an issue. With that information available I'll be able to research exactly what has gone wrong in the case you described. Thanks for the post and good luck with your Hunter, Bobby53

17. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

velonici, Thanks for the post. It should absolutely be using the glove enchant based upon your description. Please follow the steps in Reporting Bugs (click here) when you encounter an issue and I'll have the details necessary to research the problem for you. Thanks and good luck with your Engineer, Bobby53

18. junk

junk New Member

After further testing in dungeons with the original unmodified singular code I've found out what are the conditions standing behind the issue. The shaman will only refrain from healing the tank if it has Riptide ticking on it. I used a /cancelaura macro to drop the Riptide buff from the tank when the direct healing spell were not coming, and since and if the Riptide was on Shaman's 6 second cooldown at that time, it used Healing Surge and Healing Wave to top him up as expected. After the Riptide cooldown wore off, he buffed the tank and no more heals were coming again.

This also means that my change in the code as stated in previous post was actually incorrect, I actually had to comment out the sequence part between lines 619-630 to make my modified routine to work.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    19. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

junk, Thank you for the very detailed and considered post. That is an issue we have seen with Shaman previously. The issue was due to one of these two issues:

1. Exception occurred, interrupting the normal operation of the behavior. I do not see evidence of an exception in your log at this point.

2. Spell left on cursor. This has been seen with Shaman when casting Riptide on a tank at the point it is either just out of range, just died, etc. This appears to be timing related and must occur at the very point those actions happen (meaning it cannot be easily recreated.) This issue was fixed awhile ago. The activity logged during the tank death in the first log file does not match this either as the last spell cast prior to your tanks death is a Healing Wave which was subsequently cancelled because your tank reached 100%.

3. You will want to use the unmodified version of Singular when recreating any issues you are posting, otherwise I won't be able to research your results and provide support. Tidal Wave buffing is critical to effective Resto Shaman healing. The only blocking related to that code which as been seen was described in #2 above and has been fixed. If it is occurring, it will be obvious because the mouse cursor will have the blue or gray halo around it indicating it is in spell targeting mode.

There does appear to be a Heal Target selection issue however:
      Code:
      [19:54:41.074 N] (Singular) Tidal Waves=2[19:54:41.077 N] [Singular] *Healing Wave on lead.Paladin.7C9D @ 84.1% at 25.9 yds
      [19:54:41.760 N] [Singular] /cancel Healing Wave on lead.Paladin.7C9D @ 100.0% 
      [19:54:41.963 N] (Singular) [WoWRedError] Interrupted
      [19:54:41.963 N] (Singular) error parsing Guid ''
      [19:54:41.963 N] (Singular) [CombatLog] SPELL_CAST_FAILED Healing Wave#331 failure: 'Interrupted'
      [19:54:42.104 N] (Singular) .... h=100.0%/m=98.1%, combat=N, twaves=1, audtwaves=0, shield=WATER[54], heal=Me hh=100.0% @ 0.0 yds, hcombat=N, tph=100.0%, tloss=True, eshield=N, riptide=0, target=Bleeding Hollow Darkcaster.19B2 th=57.0%, 28.1 yds, face=True tloss=True, fs=0
      [19:54:42.108 N] (Singular) .... h=100.0%/m=98.1%, combat=N, twaves=1, audtwaves=0, shield=WATER[54], [COLOR=#ff0000]heal=Bleeding Hollow Darkcaster.19B2[/COLOR] hh=57.0% @ 28.1 yds, hcombat=Y, tph=57.0%, tloss=True, eshield=N, riptide=0, target=Bleeding Hollow Darkcaster.19B2 th=57.0%, 28.1 yds, face=True tloss=True, fs=0
      [19:54:42.108 N] (Singular) .... h=100.0%/m=98.1%, combat=N, twaves=1, audtwaves=0, shield=WATER[54], heal=Me hh=100.0% @ 0.0 yds, hcombat=N, tph=100.0%, tloss=True, eshield=N, riptide=0, target=Bleeding Hollow Darkcaster.19B2 th=57.0%, 28.1 yds, face=True tloss=True, fs=0
      [19:54:42.197 N] (Singular) .... h=100.0%/m=98.9%, combat=Y, twaves=1, audtwaves=0, shield=WATER[54], [COLOR=#ff0000]heal=Bleeding Hollow Darkcaster.19B2[/COLOR] hh=57.0% @ 28.1 yds, hcombat=Y, tph=57.0%, tloss=True, eshield=N, riptide=0, target=Bleeding Hollow Darkcaster.19B2 th=57.0%, 28.1 yds, face=True tloss=True, fs=0
      [19:54:42.197 N] (Singular) .... h=100.0%/m=98.9%, combat=Y, twaves=1, audtwaves=0, shield=WATER[54], heal=lead.Paladin.7C9D hh=69.1% @ 27.4 yds, hcombat=Y, tph=1553.5%, tloss=True, eshield=Y, riptide=4222, [COLOR=#ff0000]target=Bleeding Hollow Darkcaster.19B2[/COLOR] th=57.0%, 28.1 yds, face=True tloss=True, fs=0
      [19:54:42.198 N] (Singular) Tidal Waves=1 and Audit=0 while casting 0
      [19:54:43.206 N] (Singular) .... h=100.0%/m=99.8%, combat=Y, twaves=1, audtwaves=0, shield=WATER[54], [COLOR=#ff0000]heal=Bleeding Hollow Darkcaster.19B2[/COLOR] hh=51.8% @ 28.1 yds, hcombat=Y, tph=51.8%, tloss=True, eshield=N, riptide=0, target=Bleeding Hollow Darkcaster.19B2 th=51.8%, 28.1 yds, face=True tloss=True, fs=0
      [19:54:43.206 N] (Singular) .... h=100.0%/m=99.8%, combat=Y, twaves=1, audtwaves=0, shield=WATER[54], heal=lead.Paladin.7C9D hh=45.4% @ 27.4 yds, hcombat=Y, tph=1529.8%, tloss=True, eshield=Y, riptide=3213, target=Bleeding Hollow Darkcaster.19B2 th=51.8%, 28.1 yds, face=True tloss=True, fs=0
      [19:54:43.207 N] (Singular) Tidal Waves=1 and Audit=0 while casting 0
      [19:54:44.175 N] (Singular) Tidal Waves=0 and Audit=0 while casting 0
      [19:54:44.277 N] (Singular) .... h=100.0%/m=99.8%, combat=Y, twaves=0, audtwaves=0, shield=WATER[54], [COLOR=#ff0000]heal=Bleeding Hollow Darkcaster.19B2[/COLOR] hh=19.3% @ 28.1 yds, hcombat=Y, tph=19.3%, tloss=True, eshield=N, riptide=0, target=Bleeding Hollow Darkcaster.19B2 th=19.3%, 28.1 yds, face=True tloss=True, fs=0
      [19:54:44.277 N] (Singular) .... h=100.0%/m=99.8%, combat=Y, twaves=0, audtwaves=0, shield=WATER[54], heal=lead.Paladin.7C9D hh=18.7% @ 27.4 yds, hcombat=Y, tph=1503.0%, tloss=True, eshield=Y, riptide=2143, target=Bleeding Hollow Darkcaster.19B2 th=19.3%, 28.1 yds, face=True tloss=True, fs=0
      [19:54:44.278 N] (Singular) Tidal Waves=0 and Audit=0 while casting 0
      [19:54:44.926 N] [Singular] *Earth Shield on lead.Paladin.7C9D @ 19.0% at 25.9 yds
      [19:54:45.064 N] (Singular) [WoWRedError] Your target is dead
      There is a lot of detail there, but the critical thing here is the 'heal=' value which identifies your Resto Shamans current heal target. This target is selected via the Heal Targeting system in HonorBuddy which invokes target filters implemented in Singular and in DungeonBuddy to identify which targets should be included in the heal list and their relative priority (based upon group role, health %, etc.) The key point of concern are the lines highlighted above with heal=Bleeding Hollow Darkcaster.19B2. This indicates that the Heal Targeting filters have selected and prioritized a hostile target. Heal Targeting is separate from Enemy Targeting -- there should never be a hostile heal target. Even in the case where a fellow raid member becomes possessed and turns hostile temporarily in some encounters, they are immediately removed from the Heal Target list.

I will need to look into this further. As I mentioned, the Heal Target list is filtered by both Singular and DungeonBuddy (meaning they both control what targets are included/excluded from the list), so if I cannot find an issue within Singular I'll notify the DungeonBuddy team of the issue so they can review the filters they are using and any instance specific logic which may have come into play.

Thanks for the post and good luck with your Shaman, -Bobby53

Edit: regarding other findings:

- shaman often completely ignoring the tank with direct spells, only Riptide and Earth Shield are used
      - when the tank health drops, healer will neither heal him, nor do DPS
      If it appears this way it is due to a bug. If you can add a LOGMARK at such a point and submit the log I'll be happy to look into it.

- with healer DPS enabled, it only does damage when the tank is topped up
      Your settings will only allow Healer DPS when the lowest Health % in the group is above 85%. To change this, go to Class Config and change the Healer DPS Min Health % value on the General tab.

20. junk

junk New Member

Bobby, thanks a lot for your analysis. I've posted an update just before yours - this issue seems to be tied with Riptide as you mentioned in as point 2), but in my case this is not caused by being out of range for sure. As I said I've narrowed it to a simple statement: "When a Riptide is ticking on a tank, the shaman will not heal him even if he's about to die." Also, if the commenting out lines 619 - 630 in Restoration.cs as a workaround will help you track down the issue, the better.

Thanks!

--junk

Edit: As for the not doing DPS when tank health drops, I didn't realize this is due to the health threshold settings. I'd consider this specific item dismissed as a non-issue.