• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • HB with problems. So many accounts banned.

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by furyz0r, Oct 10, 2012.

1. furyz0r

furyz0r Member

I never had problems with HB or whatever bot it is from Buddy, I'm botting with 2/3 accounts, but I'm seeing all these reports, I think something is going on.

2. Ba11a

Ba11a New Member

You fail to understand that people don't get that many bans every day and the same thing happened on US side. People who are in this business for $ know for a fact, that merging new accounts to bnets got them banned and they had to stop sales. Now it's "safer" for US side again, but in EU this shit just started.

The rest of the post I don't argue with. When I started botting for $, I didn't expect any account to last longer than a month and I'm fine with it. But please stop "calming people down" when there is ACTUAL PROOF for concern (ban history and stuff related to account merges on US side).

3. Anegus

Anegus New Member

Then stop botting. If you are scared of getting banned then don't bot.

NEVER BOT ANYTHING YOU AREN'T WILLING TO LOSE. PERIOD.

Nothing is detected. I have several accounts that are botting 24/7 without ban. The point is if you bot you will get banned. It's a fact of life that cheating will eventually get you banned. It's not a big deal, get a new account and start over. Done a thousand times already will do it thousand times again.

4. Gatherit

Gatherit New Member Buddy Store Developer

Was anyone banned for questing only? Specifically the new Pandaria area?

5. NEwboy

NEwboy New Member

/facepalm

this happens all the time, its what blizzard do, what do you thinks easier? every time they think someone deserves a ban, spend 20-30mins banning that individual..oooor compile a list and slap it all on at once..

this has NOTHING, and i mean NOTHING to do with HB, or any other bot being detected..botting is as "safe" as it ever is, your bot is not being detected, and you stand exactly the same chance of being banned today as you ever have..

seriously whhhhyy is it so hard for people to understand? im going to put this in capitals for emphasis

IF BLIZZARD COULD DETECT HB WE WOULD NOT KNOW BEFORE ITS TOO LATE, WE WOULD ALL BE BANNED AT THE SAME TIME.. THE CHANCES OF BEING BANNED TODAY FOR BOTTING ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS THEY WERE A WEEK AGO, A MONTH AGO, AS THEY EVER HAVE BEEN.....

6. NEwboy

NEwboy New Member

you got banned for Abuse of the economy.. in your ban post said you make "A LOT" of auctions per day.. thats abuse of the economy.. your bot was not detected, you abused the economy and got the relative punishment, end of, take a deep breath, bot away on your remaining 10 accounts and dont post "A LOT" of auctions

7. botter9000

botter9000 New Member

If Hb was detectable= We'd all be banned
      If there was a node counter= I'd been banned a long time ago (0 bans/6 years botting) (12hours day x multiple accounts)
      If there was an auction house detector= I'd be banned
      If there was a banwave= I'd be in that.
      Some things I do that may prevent me from getting banned: Only sell 10-20stacks Ghost Iron Bars at a time, 10-20stacks of every other herb/mat you can think of. I have a Jc for gems, I have multiple alchemists for living steel transmutes (all xmute masters). I craft items that sell for a lot. (Jc mounts are a real winner right now) LW/BS brings in a ton of gold. If you have the time to sit down and craft, do it. Need SoH? There are grinding profiles on here that do just that. DK is the best toon to mine on, druid for herbs. (I prefer balance, less issues with CCs)

Now prosper and quit saying OMFG BAN.:[.

I only sell gold in 10-50k intervals. No it's not as much money up front but you get a lot of sales and repeated sales making it seem like its just friends helping each other out I assume.

8. benny32

benny32 Member

The reasons they send out in the email could just as well say "We don't care if we can't prove it, we have enough enough evidence you're cheating, enjoy our random reason and your temp/perm ban." Don't get wrapped up in the why of it. Chances are you were reported and or fulfilled a combination of heuristic triggers (time played per day, nodes looted per day, quests completed, etc). It would be so much easier to detect botters via those means than actual software detection. This topic comes up seemingly monthly and it's always the same thing, no we are not detected, yes you should spend more time making your accounts look more like a players account through questing and random breaks and secondary professions.

9. Pierlala

Pierlala Member

People....even IF Blizzard would have found a way to detect Honorbuddy and other botters. Do you really think they would spread the word about that? OFCOURSE NOT!

10. Ba11a

Ba11a New Member

Again - do you have proof of this? I've had accounts banned who posted 0 auctions, and the accounts that did all the auctioning are still active (lost only 2 accounts before, thought it was because I mailed all the loot to other accounts, but it doesn't seem to be the case).

11. toblakai

toblakai New Member

IF I WERE BLIZZARD...

I would mine my data and easily with 100% certainty identify 70% of the botters and with 98% certainty identify 90% of all botters. It's hard to get any better numbers than this simply because of all the stupid regular players out there.

I wouldn't ban all these botters since they pay me a lot of money and most regular users only notice 5% of them anyways. But to show some action, once in a while I would randomly compile a small list of bot accounts, say 200 or perhaps 1000. I would generate a notice with "Your account has been banned because of <Random Reason Picker>", then find the best date of banning based on their average subscription dates, and ban them promptly the day after a new subscription was made.

Then I would have a hillariously good time visiting forums like these. I would make sure to record some of the pleading phone calls by botters to get their accounts back so we can have fun playing them back at the next christmas party.

If I were Blizzard. Seeing as I'm not, I will simply go and create a new account instead, and carry on botting.

12. shaorinor

shaorinor New Member

I'm happily botting. Who knows why you actually got banned? Everyone can throw out an opinion, but it's just an opinion at the end of the day. I personally think these are accounts that have been accumulating various reports over time, whether it be from botting 24/7, too many auctions, selling/buying gold, etc. And Blizzard just decided to throw out a huge banwave to cover them all in one sweep. When that happens, people think the sky is falling and start spouting the "HB IS BEING DETECTED" crap all over the place and scare people.

As someone said, if HB was detectable, then everyone here would be banned.

13. wesker1213

wesker1213 New Member

This is why I have multiple bot accounts, and I never grind/farm/gather more than 2 hours a day. I rarely go more. But with 5 accounts I have (4 of which I bot on) I collectively bot for 8 hours a day gathering ... less noticable that way imo.

14. doomexpt

doomexpt Banned

Banned today on 2 accounts , within 15 minutes , on diferent places , 0 auctions on both , just farming . Had other 2 open leveling and those didnt got banned.

15. LunaticFringe

LunaticFringe New Member

If you think Blizz doesnt know that you are botting then your just silly. If Blizz bans all botters theyd lose so much money theyd be putting themselves out of business. They only do it randomly to deter botting, or if your abusing it. You tell me a business that can lose 10-20% if there customer base and still survive especially in this economy. Why would they do that intentionally. This is Blizzard were talking about.... An ounce of common sense people. Just stand near a few mining nodes in Valley of the four winds and in 5 minutes youll see 15 people who are botting, and not using much common sense..they use horrible profiles and the movement is so easy to see your botting. so if your farming in new area and using a popular profile then you will prob be banned...take the 5 minutes with zap and write your own gathering profiles and wait a few months before you bot afk in a brand new area.

16. rascal9

rascal9 Member

Why do so many people bot for gold anyhow? It seems the majority of bans come from gold hording or gold selling or trading. Why not just stay away from it? Unless your a seller for real money then i understand but they go into knowing the will loose the account. just hope they make enough real cash to get a new account plus a little extra for them

17. dresdon

dresdon New Member

Its a well known fact that 99.9% of statistics are made up on the spot or pulled out of the posters arsehole with as much basis in reality as a flying pig.

Sooooo exactly where did you get your statistical information from?

18. Smoogel

Smoogel New Member

I think you fail at reading sir.

These are not 'true'. He's saying what he would do if he "was Blizzard". Where does he say that the figures in his post are accurate?

Either that or I'm totally missing some humor here :S

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    19. bradallaround

bradallaround Member

May I ask the route you take to obtaining your gold? Is it herbing and mining, what is it? And I suppose you post a lot of auctions, and how much do you roughly make per day with 8 or 18 accounts?

I am just curious because I have been trying out things. Thanks.

20. Ba11a

Ba11a New Member

I'm not making a lot per account, and I overfarmed my "main servers", simply because the things I farm don't sell as fast as I need them to and I ran out of locations/items to farm. But yeah, just herb/mining. You can calculate estimate income yourself based on farms/hour and items/sold. I'd say 1-2 accounts per server is optimal if you are going that route. If you want to be super effective account wise, go MoP.