• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Honorbuddy Announcement 21th May 2015

Discussion in 'Archives' started by bossland, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. TheLoFaT

TheLoFaT New Member

Not a GM nor have I ever been one. These are just valid points that people seem to either miss or ignore. When you deal with people like Lemur30 and the others who blame robot like behavior and think that if people didn't bot AFK, or used auto interrupting scripts, it would make a difference. Some people just don't grasp the entire concept behind what honorbuddy actually does and is capable of. The only way that you had that was possible to of dodged this ban wave was to not have botted for months prior to it.

They are not banning you because of your dumb kickbot or your bg farmer or whatever. It makes it evident to normal legit players that yes, you are indeed a bot. But the evidence that is used to ban or suspend you solely comes from the API hook to your client, your location at the times they checked your wow process(so you can't call and be like "Help I was hacked!"), and other significant indicators.

It doesn't matter if you botted just to mill herbs or Raid. It doesn't matter if you botted to make millions and millions of gold. It doesn't matter if you ran 10 bots or just 1 bot. It doesn't matter if you only botted for 10 minutes a day at a time. It doesn't matter if you were running into a wall or kill stealing other players.

It does matter that if they used their detection method to snag your information and resulting in catching you red handed using third party programs to automate the client process.
      *note* this problem happened more than once so they knew for certain that they could tell you had continued to use a third party program at different times or over a longer duration of time.

It does matter if you have outstanding reports against you from months prior from numerous other players.

It does matter if they have had open tickets about you and harassment/exploiting/hacking/cheating(which they do keep on file)

It does matter if you have been suspended or banned before. Either from the same battle.net account or the same IP address.

It does matter if you clearly(meaning without a doubt[meaning you had millions of gold like I did]) had an effect on the WoW economy and had the potential to sell gold or other virtual items to other players.

klepp0906 likes this.
    2. sharkon

sharkon New Member

/sign

3. TheLoFaT

TheLoFaT New Member

I know enough to know when something has ended. Much like how this seems. Believe me Reviir, I want to jump on board the "I believe in Miracles" train and ride it on into a new season and further expansions and see if Blizzard really is bluffing and could care less about botters. But the blatant facts of them coming forward about it and doing something has me twisted.

4. lufiboy

lufiboy Member

Blizzard get rektttttt! Buddyteam top quality as always!

5. ginuwine12

ginuwine12 New Member

6. Hardcore15

Hardcore15 New Member

Honorbuddy Its my religion.

7. BaliOne

BaliOne Member

in 6 months...lol

8. aim46

aim46 New Member

The best way is to get a new Hard Drive. If you're not willing to do that, format your Hard Drive. If you're not willing to do that, uninstall HonorBuddy and wipe the free space on your drive.

9. mith123

mith123 New Member

maybe we can install HB in pendrive :p?

10. Trixiap

Trixiap Member

It doesn´t matter. Blizz wasn´t searching your system for HB files. I have HB on my PC and account that I wasn´t botting on is not banned.

11. Soeski

Soeski Member

You can. Just copy the folder to a location of your choice and WoW will start. With HB ofc ;)

12. foam_follower

foam_follower Member

A tool to remove all references to HB from the registry might be useful but I don't think it would change anything.

13. TheLoFaT

TheLoFaT New Member

Let me introduce some more information here since I seemed to not have made it abundantly clear how the detection happened. Like previous people have already posted... It doesn't matter where you have HB installed... period...Like...at all... If you seriously think that makes a difference you could do this.

1. Set up a computer at your great grandparents house located on the moon.
      2. Install HB and WoW on a portable USB hard drive and plug it into the computer that you put up there.
      3. Hook that computer up to the interwebs and make sure the portable drive is plugged in.
      4. Install some remote PC software from it and access it from a different computer located in your home in Somalia.
      5. Play to your hearts content and then still feel the love from the banhammer.

Because you are dumb to believe that Blizzard was scanning your computers files. They have no need to do this. Here is a better way of explaining this... Have you ever played a game and had it crash and got the option to send an error report? You know what that error report contains 9 times out of 10? It contains the information on what processes your computer has running at that given instance when that application force closed/crashed etc. That information has already been sent to your RAM since that's what RAM's job is with your PC. So it doesn't matter if it came from a flash drive on the moon or if your HB was right there in a folder on your desktop.

14. NuclearPanda

NuclearPanda Member

It is 100% illegal, unless of course you agree to it, which you do every time you login to wow.

15. NuclearPanda

NuclearPanda Member

Are you serious right now? Using a program for PVP use, such as Ashran is frowned upon, according to you, but everything else is totally reasonable? Gtfo the Forums, immediately. Anyone who uses HB is looking for an advantage, whether it be for farming, leveling, garrison bullshit or PVP. If you're having that huge of an issue with people using HB for PVP farming, practice what you preach and don't use it for whatever you may be using it for. I hope you realize how ignorant your comment was.

16. namook

namook Member

A day before the ban I had to accept some writing I did not read which I regret now, I just accepted who does read the rules every time when they know they are breaching them, well I get a pop up shortly after saying blizzard is scanning folders... supposedly looking for Blizzard games... well now tell me why do they need to do that? I was able to stop their program looking for games and was still able to play? so why then the need to find their games on my computer?

17. namook

namook Member

Yeah lets ban pvp... and rename HonorBuddy to MythicBuddy lmao incase anyone is slow I was being sarcastic!

18. Medens

Medens Member Legendary

I am on the side of caution and so I deleted all things HB for the moment and I don't have the ability to change my IP but I was told there are some great programs that mask it for you but slows down the performance. As I was going through and clearing out all the evidence of HB I decided to clear out the settings for WOW so when I start a new account it will be clean. So I followed my usual path to clear crap out and in the WTF file I found what I believe to be suspicious. Usually I find the servers and information of the characters but instead I found a numbered ID? Some of you may know what it is but I haven't seen it before and I wonder if it is associated with the ban, in any way as has been there since 2/24. I will include the pic but I am inclined to believe I will support HB efforts until HB decides it doesn't want to direct it's efforts towards Blizzard, anymore

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    19. namook

namook Member

If you do decide to change IP adress just remember to change hwid, mac address and clear your browser. Then if that account is banned you can change everything again. Don't use an open vpn what ever you do, pay for a private IP.

20. Andreas2000

Andreas2000 New Member

When you want the bot to go back to the satrt?

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.