• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Honorbuddy detected.

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by Azertylolol, May 10, 2013.

1. monstaslaya

monstaslaya New Member

I got perma-banned, but appealed it a few days later, resulting in only a 3 day suspension. But there is definitely a ban wave going on atm.

2. Exelon

Exelon New Member

Imo, I think blizzard just upgraded to what I would think is a reasonable/minimal amount of security. If people fly over the exact same path (with coordinates) twice.... then there is something else at hand.

If someone is reporting someone, and they check the logs and there is indeed suspicious behaviour, then they'll ask to change passwords. So what I am saying is: Blizzard had a serious lack in security, where we as a community could benefit from. But I think they are just adjusting to the real 21st century, like any organization.

Ways to solve this are: Make Honorbuddy more adjustable. In stead of making a path that flies over exact the same points, make it fly wider or looser and less mechanical ( => now people are always flying in a straight line and taking corners of 10-90-180 degrees) It doesnt look natural at all. That's what I am thinking. And yes, everything is trackable in logs. Guess they finally decided to do something with those logs.

3. Ilja Rogoff

Ilja Rogoff Well-Known Member

There's no banwave, there's just something that triggers blizzs automatism.

4. Kaardawn

Kaardawn New Member

at least there was one sentence without an exclamation mark...

5. nestoria01

nestoria01 New Member

So, again:
      HB is not detectet, its GB2 that triggers an Auto- Scriptbann if you get X/Y nodes per Hour and move in a botlike way for example the click to move thing coud be one of the triggers using GB2.

IF and i say IF HB woud be detectet 95% of the people that use HB woud be banned in an instant and that includes Questing, ProfessionBuddy and so on. The fact that 99% of this type of boters are still active is the prof, that Blizz did not detect HB. In the past ( Cata times) there was also a Scriptbann going around Uldum ect.

6. keespiet

keespiet Member

Anyone speculating over detection.. let me tell you something.

Blizzard can detect the bot whenever they want to... The same method used to create a bot is used to detect a bot, not going into details here.

If people are getting banned more than regular it just means Blizz is cleaning it's name for the community. Blizz would go bankrupt if they remove all botters.

7. kavlantis

kavlantis New Member

I am just wondering, out of the 8,7 million players out there, how many do you think they are botters?

8. Danielsnag

Danielsnag New Member

I've thought this for a while now.Even if Blizzard could ban all botters, would they? It would certainly negatively impact their subscriptions. Things like battlechest sales after large amounts of bans (E.g. April) are also somewhat fishy.

9. Cloudy

Cloudy Member

What do you how many of these are still playing while they can buy gold? how many quit wow when there are no more bots...

10. keespiet

keespiet Member

Just a wild guess would be between 10 and 20%, let's be realistic and don't go overboard.

Keep in mind it's pretty expensive to maintain the game as well. According to stocks, Blizz can't take a 20% profit blow.

11. Exelon

Exelon New Member

I have been thinking about this too. Blizzard isn't allowed to check processes on someones computer. At least that is what I have read before.
      Is that just reading if it's running or acting if they found out? If they aren't allowed to do so, can they make a script/tool to check if there is "something" running with the same code/size/... as honorbuddy (which would get around the fact of screening all processes)? Anyway, I feel the same way about Blizzard being able to detect bots. The bottom line is, they will never tell how they found out, unless someone finds a way to trick the gm into spilling his guts. At this point I am just using Tyrael for awesome dps. I dont use any other bots

12. virus2001

virus2001 Member

Who are COMPLAINING of getting banned?
      I just see ppl saying they got banned, not COMPLAINING.

13. MulinexMan

MulinexMan Member

What does it matter if HB was detected or not? Fact is that botting currently results in a ban with a very high chance. So stop botting. Wait a few weeks, either the bans will stop and you can start again or the guys here will figgure out what might be the problem and fix it.
      Simply take a break.

14. Aetheric

Aetheric Member

Makes perfect sense.

I do understand though, that many botters use HB to make "real money" and those people may not be so patient, resulting in taking the risk to get banned - over and over again.

For me personally, it doesn't make much difference - I enjoy playing the game manually, while at the same time, my bots on the other screens provide me an entertaining view on levelling, gearing and clever questing.

If it would result in a ban on those accounts, then so be it - not much harm done.

I will never bot on my main account, though ..

15. Zodder

Zodder New Member

you do realise this has been going on for the better part of a month now, right? Its way past taking a break, the bot is broken as its no longer successfully bypassing blizzards security checks anymore, be it warden, scripts or GM's wathcing you, and thats a fact.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
    16. MulinexMan

MulinexMan Member

Well ... here it comes down to simple evolutionary concepts. Those who have no patience are mainly those who use the bot in an excessive manner, using public profiles and thus making Blizzard ultimately perform such a "ban wave". So the 'weak' will be banned and the 'strong' will prevail, giving HB2 another run with no hassle from Blizzard for months.
      I make real money, sometimes more than some earn in a month. But what is that money worth if you loose your account and have to bot up a new one? Let's say that new account won't be banned again, still I have to pay for it, loose about 3-4 weeks to level and gear it up until I can start earning again. So just taking a break of lets say a month of two gives you a little free time and your accounts stay clean.
      If some depend on the money then it's their own fault. Botting is a risky business and always will be. So if you loose your shit because you don't have any other income: GET A JOB.

But then again:
      Those who make real bucks with HB are not those who complain it was detected. a) because they know better and b) because they don't really care - it will get fixed or another bot will emerge. Either way there'll always be botting....

And on what bases do you state that it's a fact? The only way you could know for sure is if you're a Blizzard employee. In which case you'll get banned from the forums. xD

Last edited: May 15, 2013
    17. Liqa

Liqa New Member

I think HB is detectable. Why?

Look on ban post, every day is ban wave?

18. Zodder

Zodder New Member

do you even read the forums, how much more "proof" do you need. if it walks, talks and shit like a duck...

19. Lampie

Lampie New Member

Proberly they cant detect HB not shure bout it either however i have seen an method they use to get to you. I died in deepholm if it was an gm that did it i'm not shure about so i keep watching the bot from that moment it flight back to corpse try to release and i got ported away so bot flies to body again i stoped the bot and flie by myself to it stupid me for that mistake that i keep watching the first time becose the unstuck routine is obvious and it preformed that on the way back to the body so right after i survived and flied away 2 seconds later i got banned.

So basicly the porting method is one of the most succesful methods for blizz to get to you. I dunno if they still scan outside of wowmemory and basicly i don't care either the way they got me was by porting me and look to how you react to it the unstuck routine is obvious to follow and than kabang there is the ban.

20. MulinexMan

MulinexMan Member

you should look up the meaning of the word "proof". proof is based on hard facts. what you are doing is assuming something based on statistics. sure, statistics are used to proof things by definition, but even for that there are way too few bans for than. if everyone on the whole globe with the exception of lets say 2 or 3 people would be banned, them noone would deny that hb is detectable. but we're nowhere near that.
      but as i said: in the end it doesn't matter.