• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • How do Blizzard track you down when botting? How to "safe" bot?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Dopa1, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Gleeky

Gleeky Member

Sorry to burst your bubble, but 300 auctions a day? That is not a drop in the ocean even on a small server, that doesn't cause the slightest ripple, unless it happens to be 300x 20 ghost iron ore.

I really wouldn't worry about "abuse of the economy" at that level. You won't even be on the radar. The farmer who posts up to 2m gold worth of stuff on my local server (circa 2,500 auctions on a med-high pop - mainly trade goods). I'd be worried if I was him, but he's been doing that for the last 3 months I've been monitoring him, and getting away with it, so who am I to say.

Either way, like most people I believe it's player reports that cause 90% of bans, and 300 auctions up at a time of varied goods certainly won't get you flagged.

2. EliRDA

EliRDA New Member

Interesting Gleeky. I realize now that I didn't say that I'd have Blizz hurting for trying to ban me for that as that is not/was not botted. Just a bit of a dirty quick way to make IG gold by hand, & before I learned about HB.

I thought I had read somewhere here that putting up 300 or more auctions per day puts you on blizzs radar, that a few people had been banned for abuse because of so many auctions. (shrug) I guess I learn something new every day then, so its all good. :p

Yah, that's one reason I'd never do the afk stuff. I played a small text based mmorpg a few yrs ago, some of the script kiddies learned how to script text, & they would go afk doing it & sometimes would get picked up for it, usually by being reported by other players for being blatent with it. One nite I was doing it in my IG home, feel asleep at the keys & woke up to a punt, a 72 hr cooldown (my character was looked in the black ban room, no actions at all allowed) & I got a warning for it. I knew some of the GMs, explained what happened, they still kept that char locked for the 72 but I was able to get the warning removed. Now, here, when I'm getting tired I log off completely, its also good to let my laptop cool off. :p

So thank you all, the discussions here are most enlightening.

3. ZenMate

ZenMate New Member

Simply put - Blizzard will only see your MAC address and outgoign IP address presented by your external router / modem. They will not be able to see the internals of your network other than what is already presented in the packet frames (unless your PC is directly connected to the internet and your IP addresss on your PC is public).

Unless your rolling your own V.p.n Solution - you risk your IP address been shared with other botters or other people using it for nefarious pourposes. For instance at my home I have two ISP connections. If I switch my connection my battle.net account will always get locked out untill I reset my password, its a security feature and they track it. If your IP address keeps popping up as a V.p.n provider you will likely get flagged if blizz are smart enough.

4. mnime

mnime New Member

The IP address issue has been solved by blizz for more than a year now so you can run even more than 10 on the same PC. There are lots of players using V,P.N services with the same IP so GMs will not ban all the accounts using the same IP address and I can assure that because I've been using a v,p.n for a long time, when one of my friends get banned, I don't, and we have the same IP. On the other hand they have your entire log, they can search for the Name or suspicious email addresses or same addresses or information for all the accounts, like if you paid for all the accounts with only one credit card! These could be an issue.
      And about botting, it's only the matter of LUCK and nothing else, I remember my first days of botting, my toon stuck under the stairs of orgrimmar's Auction House and run toward it for like 3 hours :) but I didn't get a ban. Yes, I was young and fool :p
      But I don't see the reason to run 10 accounts for botting unless you want to make a fortune out of it!
      I just use 2 accounts, 1 to farm and bot auction house and the other to raid and pvp. they are making enough gold for me to play any online game I want for free. You just need the trick to get gold.

5. razer

razer New Member

I dont say its luck I just say they are very very busy with banning others who are botting 24/7 to look at you if you where botting 24/7 Its just a matter of time if you dont play like a real player they will have you on record but with 7 million users and a tiny ass workforce they have, they even may have just skimmed over you but 8 months later and you where not online lol. :D

6. Reviir

Reviir Active Member Buddy Store Developer

Run 2 computers to i_s_p lines runnemede ships it well at 8 hours pop 8 on a dog 6016 of whatever setup a schedule to look as human as possible and don't run public profiles

7. Sweetangel

Sweetangel New Member

Sorry Cause to bot with 5 Acccounts is very Stupid. Cause Blizzard know. That nobody can Play 5 Accounts on the Same time. Its impossible. Cause one good way would be to rent a Stable Proxy Server and run the Account with 4 different Ips. But 5 x the same Ip just dump.

8. 꿀꿀골가

꿀꿀골가 New Member

I've been safe since the HB was created... Not been banned yet.. touch wood.

9. Bruins1993

Bruins1993 Member

actually if you are multiboxing you can play 5 accounts.

and multiboxing is allowed in the T's and C's

10. mishrathium

mishrathium New Member

Botted for almost 3 years - zero bans. Why? Karma.

11. Hell-Razor

Hell-Razor New Member

I just lol at all this.

12. razer

razer New Member

wow this thread is starting to get full of retarded replies, Its time to zone out. :p Just go by what I have said :D haha