• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • How dumb is Trion?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Redman, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Anonuzer

Anonuzer New Member

Fixed.

2. Binafus

Binafus New Member

I have botted in almost every game I have ever played, some are as simple as ACTool Bot and some like Ryftomate.

I personally would rather have a bot like MacroGoblin was less of the injection stuff and more work on the user end and hope Ryftomate will move in that direction.

I have always used two accounts one for my main and one for botting, crafting, gathering etc.

99 Percent of my botting life is monitored I bot on my second PC while I play on my main, the thing is They did something no other company has ever done to me, they never even sent a tell to my bot account and it got perma banned.

I like messing around with bots, makiing my paths or doing scripts for bots etc and I'm sure I will bot again in Rift, there is zero chance I would go back and play WoW I actually think Rift is the best game out there right now.

I lost all of my crafters which is a lot to me.

I have always hated Warfront type bots, wish people would not use them, I can live with seeing bots run around farming materials but hate when a bot is hurting my side in a warfront.

There are people that hate bots of any kind and this will make Rift a better game to them, so over all this is probably a good thing for the game of Rift it sucks to be us though.

A good bot is a bot that can be ran without people knowing it is a bot, when you see a ton of characters all running the same path, same specs for hours on end it is gonna cause problems.

3. Darkcollins

Darkcollins New Member

When you only have a couple hundred thousand subs and many leaving because the game is boring, a "few thousand" is pretty substantial. The ruins will crumble.

4. zarlia28

zarlia28 Member

It's funny because your a awful troll...

5. DaSoul

DaSoul Well-Known Member

Blizzard did the same when perma banning ~500.000 accounts using the source injection bot openbot (isx warden/isx wow). They just waited several weeks and then there was the day x.

All of you saying that Trion hurt theirself with this ban wave...i'm pretty sure most of the people that got banned with their main accounts already have a new one. So if you have:

1,x mio accounts - few thousands banned + few hundred/thousand new accounts = 0,X% - 1,X% less accounts then before... they don't even care about it..i'm pretty sure.

6. Morga

Morga Member

This is pretty funny, Considering I was an avid member and user of HB.

7. Morga

Morga Member

You are forgetting Rift isn't the only game Trion has or working on.

8. papatoast

papatoast Guest

I second this motion. It would stop (or at least hamper) the other bot companies coming in here spamming too.

Maybe the forum account remains active for a duration after key expiration to allow any unresolved issues to be addressed and communication to occur on any possible existing posts, but having just anyone jump in here and posting whatever unrelated crap is starting to get old.

9. Morga

Morga Member

Nice try but I am far from trolling.

I am looking at this from a business stand point. People always post how game company's will fail or how dumb they are for banning bots, without looking at the bigger picture.

10. mw6956

mw6956 Guest

rift is circling the bowl

11. Darkcollins

Darkcollins New Member

I'm not talking about other games.

12. Darkcollins

Darkcollins New Member

Haters gonna hate. I bet 10 bucks you'll respond with what you think is a witty and well placed comment.

13. Anonuzer

Anonuzer New Member

From a pure business standpoint I would tend to agree. They ban a bunch of accounts, a bunch of us end up going out and getting new accounts. They end up looking like heroes for their hard handed stance against botters while suffering only a small decline in their subscription base, which is partially made up by the purchase of the new accounts.

Doesn't mean I have to like it. :)

14. Cynikal

Cynikal New Member

Lets review this for a second...

The game was initially $60? for collectors?
      Subscription is: $14.95 a month.

If you bought through steam, Steam probably made $10-20 on the purchase of the sale.

Therefore, Rift made: $40 on the sale.
      Game is 3 months old. 1 month of which was included in the purchase of the game.
      So, 2 Months of Subscription was paid in the amount of $30...

TECHNICALLY, From the people buying the game, they are still "up" money, as the money lost in subscriptions, outweights the money earned from the initial game purchase...at this time.

However, Plat sellers will surely buy new accounts.
      Botters will surely buy a new account.

I am even thinking about reupping...

But, I am also waiting too, to decide if I should wait for SWTOR, or Battlefield 3...

15. Darkcollins

Darkcollins New Member

Same thing I've been thinking. Only, SWTOR wont be out for at last another 6 months best. I'm at a cross roads myself :)

16. Morga

Morga Member

Oh I agree, we don't have to like it, but they know the regular farmers will obtain new accounts. While trion hasn't given exact numbers, they are some where around 600,000 subscriptions. They are over 1 million in directly sold copies of the game.

My thoughts were this weekend to buy their 24.95 sale and then purchase the bot to level a second account. Obviously the timing was not in my favor.

17. Doofus

Doofus New Member

Problem with this is in last ban wave it wasnt just bvotted accounts that got banned apparently, some where saying there non botted accounts got hit also, thats why im cautious as to wether to purchase 2 accounts 1 to bot 1 to not bot, only other way maybe to play my none botting account on a different pc, what you think?

18. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

i'm thinking it banned any from the hardware id's as some suggested

19. mw6956

mw6956 Guest

didn't the people who had non botted accounts say they had a botted acc running at the same time on the same comp? if they process scanned they still have both account processes and the bot process running, both accounts get hit especially because some one said that trion perma banned any account they couldn't cover the entire spell of botting. full log or actions hidden would ping up on the radar if alerted to the process presence.

i had one account botted 3 chars to 50 and a second botted 25-35, at the same time before the session bug was fixed, first got perma ban, second 24hr ban

20. Mario27

Mario27 Banned

The Truth must hurt then because he is right Rift wil Dy just like any other mmo wow is the best