• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • HOWTO: Get 60-70 in 1 day with HB (98% afk)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by pngwyn, Apr 26, 2011.

1. eddow

eddow New Member

I have a 65 druid doing nothing at all, I will try this. Thank you =) Ill keep you updated.

2. pngwyn

pngwyn New Member

Mixing IB and Questing profiles isn't great because there is a lot of traveling involved in questing. I found most of the time I finished quests I would already be 2-3 levels higher than the zone because of IB. Grinding profiles are more effective with IB because it gives you a constant stream of XP when you're in the LFG.

There are good CCs for both druid and paladin heals as far as I remember and I would highly recommend going this over DPS if you want the fastest queue times.

I only say don't loot mobs because these are the options I ran with to be able to afk 99% of the time. You can turn the option on, but use it at your own risk. It says not recommended in the options so I just kept it off. No ones gonna call you a bot for not looting stuff...but again it's up to you. It'd probably be fine, I just like to be safe.

3. lostsk8r

lostsk8r New Member

Haha, so I'm at a friends, just remote controlled my comp at home and my tauren was walking into the lever in blood furnace infront of that big seeing eye boss.. whole group was like "Yeah thats a bot" someone was like maybe hes high and I said "Yeah i love a good blunt" then left.. gonna go back to questing. he was 62 yesterday but 67 now.

4. pngwyn

pngwyn New Member

That lever should never get you permanently stuck, it's only gotten me stuck for 5 seconds max and I have never gotten any comments about it. Of course I don't have any tauren toons...

How I see it is unless you're causing chaos in the instance, it's unlikely some random from another server is going to go out of their way to report you.. and even if they do, what will they say? It's not hard to accidentally press autorun and go afk for a few seconds even if you aren't botting. Even if you are suspect, these instances don't even last 45 minutes, it's very little time for them to "gather evidence" on you or what not *eyeroll*.

No reason to stop imo. You are clearly watching your bot a lot closely than the pugs in your group are.. it's easy to get paranoid.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
    5. Azucar

Azucar Member

yea I agree with pngwyn, my bot has ran into walls before but I got used to it, like he said the max is about 5 seconds before it finds the right path, I could just say Im lagging also if they really get suspect about it.

So now im running mixmode grindbot primary using kicks profiles and IB secondary, its going great. It is a bit faster than Questing since there is alot of traveling time in between quest.

6. eddow

eddow New Member

starting this on a balance druid right now, grinding + IB doing blood furnace/manatombs/auchenai.

Will report tomorrow when I wake up on what I found =P

7. Ombralamierina

Ombralamierina New Member

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but when I got into IB settings it only has The Nexus and Utgarde Keep as the only dungeons I can select to que for. Anyone know why that might be? Oh, and I'm also level 69.

8. pngwyn

pngwyn New Member

It's because you have reached the LK part of Dungeon Finder. Once you hit 68, only LK instances will show up for InstanceBuddy. You should be running Utgarde/Nexus by level 68, so it shouldn't be a problem.

9. eddow

eddow New Member

woke up on lvl 67, I guess something went wrong x.x disconnected and dead infront of the blood furnace.

Starting again, deselecting blood furnace, going for a long shower/breakfast and some other stuff, will report after.

10. aprisma

aprisma New Member

I would not recommend doing InstanceBuddy AFK. I think this is the best way to getting banned.

Even if the bot would work perfect it do not react on the group-chat. For example if you are a shammy healer they often expect you to frog adds, or as a warlock to freeze elementals etc.
      There are nearly no class without support features and this is the problem.

2nd problem if the group dies the bot run to the group without taking care of mobs in the instance. So you might bring in friends making another wipe. And the funny part is - this will be repeated :)))

So do it attended works great.

Just an opinion
      have a nice weekend,
      cheers,

11. naxxgor

naxxgor New Member

I'm probably going to try this in the next few days. Thanks :)

A side question: do you earn much gold 60-70 this way? I'm botting on a brand new account and I'd really like to get epic flying ASAP, since I was planning to level with ArchaeologyBuddy or gathering. Any thoughts on how to level after this? I'm a feral druid so I'm probably going to just run mixed + InstanceBuddy as dps.

12. eddow

eddow New Member

This gets you very little money, qeusting/gathering is best for money.

13. Azucar

Azucar Member

Went from 42 to 51 in a day.

14. lostsk8r

lostsk8r New Member

Well, I dont know how long he was walking onto the lever but when the group says "yep thats a bot" (besides one person saying maybe hes high) then thats no bueno.. I'm 68 so I'll just try UK now but BF, meh.

15. lostsk8r

lostsk8r New Member

Haha, guess at 69 you get nexus, seeing if my bot makes it through.

16. pngwyn

pngwyn New Member

Uhh any pug instance group that NEEDS to use sheep, hex, ice trap, or whatever else in any of the instances I listed are complete fails. These instances are some of the easiest in the game, and the fast XP comes from constant pulls, not from CCing and pulling carefully. If your group is being stalled because they expect you to CC it's a fail anyways. The vote to kick option is available for the other pugs, and I believe it is exercised before any thought of reporting come into the players' minds.

Anyways, use at your own risk. I still think you're being paranoid. A check up every few hours should be plenty. If it were you and you had never touched honorbuddy before, would you really assume that someone who doesn't chat in your instance group is a bot? Come on now..

I have never had problems with constant deaths running back in BC instances, the only place I have RARELY seen it is in Utgarde Keep and more commonly in The Nexus. In the end it's all about proper CC setup, I guess I have done it enough to be confident of my ability to afk, so just use it at your own risk and enjoy fast XP. Sometimes I like to start some conversation in groups here and there when I get bored :)

Blood Furnace is fine, I ran it at least 10 times yesterday on my lock afk.. there was a server reset yesterday at 5:00 AM.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
    17. lostsk8r

lostsk8r New Member

What cc are you using on your holy paladins? I was using kickz's custom holy settings with mort's adv conv but im not sure whats going on, either bot is too busy running (wont start healing until its finished running) or not healing enough, seems to have a wipe or two per UK run at level 69.

18. PheerPheer

PheerPheer New Member

Working great so far as a DK.

I have seen him pull mobs a few times, but no one has ever been like OMG, HE'S A BOT. it's more like "stupid dk". :p

19. Lockwood

Lockwood Member

What about Sethek halls? That used to be AFKable.

Pngwyn Loved your suggestion. Using it now with a questing (no a frost mage). Hitting top DPS in the party and nobody has been like 'this guy is a bot/quiet'

Do you know with Sethek Halls is still Afkable? (Just thinking might be faster queues for DPS)

20. florienb

florienb New Member

the absolute BEST way from 60 up to 85 is ARCHEOLOGY. constant xp, with no downtime. Don't forget to keep the skill below 375.