• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • I am going to test how blizzards bans.IP/Hardware ID/Mac address. Who wants to know?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by cowboyx, Apr 3, 2013.

?

Are you interested in this project?

1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. No.

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Timmid

Timmid New Member

Idk, my first account got banned and I was able to appeal it several times to get unbanned until it was closed permanently.

I then created 3 new accounts and after awhile, 2/3 got banned and I was NOT able to appeal at all no matter what. So maybe IP has at least a little bit to do with it. Different computer btw.

2. Croga

Croga Well-Known Member

The only MAC address Blizz gets to see is the one that's attached to the last device communicating to them. This can never be your PC (unless you're hardwired into the Internet). It's usually your router or your ISP's connection.
      (This is why using a VM is utterly useless)

Yes, Blizz can use IP as one of the means of confirming their findings but they will never use it to ban you. The reason for this is simple: Again they only get to see your public IP address. This public IP address, however, can easily hide hundreds of users (For example: All employees in the company you work for will most likely connect to the Internet with one public IP address. I share my home IP address with about 10 people). Next to that it's mighty easy to obtain a new public IP addres (if your ISP uses dynamic IP).
      It's a bit like owning a fast car. You can't get a speeding ticket for owning a fast car. But the police will check whether your car is capable of doing high speeds before issuing the ticket.

This actually proves that IP doesn't have anything to do with it. If it did, all 3 would've been banned.
      (forgive me for the double quotes. The editor doesn't allow me to consolidate them :?)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    3. celmaisef

celmaisef Member

What the guy above said, is not correct.
      Each computer on your wireless network has a different MAC address, you can easily check it by typing 192.168.0.1 on your mozilla/ie/chrome, then go to your rooter admin and see the wireless statistics.
      Creating a new VM , also gives you a new mac/ip on the network. But I also use different ***'s on all VM and pc's.
      You will not get banned on both the VM and your windows at the same time, unless you triggered some autoban feature by botting 24/7 or getting reported and investigated manually by a GM. I bot for years and I've never had bans on all machines at the same time unless it was a massive banwave and many others reported it at the same time.
      From my experience IP bans are usually auto bans done by warden. If you get banned by a GM usually you get a different kind of e-mail, from wowgmeu@.... etc and its all the time ban on one account, not on IP.

4. Owneth

Owneth Member

Class Action Lawsuit to make Blizzard give complete reason for the ban, exact reason...with evidence of how its detected so they can't blankly ban people and claim their system caught it... which is never 100% accurate so it opens pandoras box on that... I think Blizzard should be sued imho. :)

5. Demonspawnn

Demonspawnn New Member

Using a VM on its own might be useless, but I run 3 VMs that all use Proxifier to connect to the different proxies I have set up on different VPSs spread throughout the country.
      Like I said before, they aren't going to ban accounts on your IP at first. After a while once you have racked up a lot of bans on the same IP, there is no way that they don't notice that eventually. You can believe what you want, its all speculation anyway but I'm just going by what I have experience first hand.

6. Croga

Croga Well-Known Member

It's their software on their servers with their TOS (which doesn't go against any law).
      You can class-action as much as you like but Blizz is simply going to say "Our property, we can do whatever we want" and the judge will agree with them.

Yip, your router knows your MAC. I've never said it doesn't. That's where it ends though. Even your ISP doesn't know the MAC of your PC.
      Also; your "proof" is useless to anyone that doesn't use the 192.168.0.# IP range and to anyone that doesn't use wireless and to anyone that doesn't have admin rights on his router and.... well... basically: Thanks for trying to contribute but please read up on general network infrastructure before telling me I'm wrong.

7. Cocaine

Cocaine Banned

Is the OP using personal gathering routes per account? Is the OP's accounts tied to a guild and/or friends with each other anyway? Are the World of Warcraft accounts on separate battle.net accounts? If you've answered yes to any of the following then the test has already become corrupted by default. 24/7 is obviously going to lead to a ban. A better way of collecting data would be in 12 hour sessions.

8. jacobfraer

jacobfraer New Member

Blizzard has users on buddyforum. They read this too.

Draganos, if you cant behave on a forum, dont post. Be nice...

ONTOPIC:

If you get banned botting, you are an ignorant. It's so easy not to get busted. They don't ban by IP, MAC adresses nor hardware ID's. They ban because of things like in-game-behavior, playtime, going AFK too long while bot is doing something & too many reports (etc). Bot like a human, and there will be no problems. Their anti-bot-program can't detect HB (yet).

9. Croga

Croga Well-Known Member

Only after I got up from the floor after laughing my ass off was I able to respond to this.....

Your assumptions are not only misinformed and ignorant, they are also false. As you can see I have been using HB for almost 3 years and before that used That Other Succesful Bot from it's inception until it was closed down. I do not have "only 1 account" and have just proven that I do not have "no experiences". I have been at this game for about as long as the game exists and have never (I repeat: NEVER) been banned without reversal. And all that without EVER using veepeens, veems or other obfuscation methods.
      I think my record gives me the right to say what programmers have known for ages: that obfuscation Just Doesn't Work (tm)

10. webhond

webhond TEMPORARILY MUTED

Thanks for making my day, kids like you should be beaten with a stick untill it bleeds.

11. Demonspawnn

Demonspawnn New Member

This will work in most cases, but not always. I've had 20+ bans on my IP (yes, sometimes I've done stupid things like bot 24/7, but I'm in this for money and have sold 40+ million gold in the past 3 years) and they keep coming faster and faster. My last four bans came from accounts that I ran VERY safely. I would gather 4-6 hours per day, do bgs heroics and LFR (manually), talk in chat, be social, never flood the AH, and supervised them 100% of the time. They were all banned in less than a week after hitting level 90. Using VMs and proxies on my VPSs, I've had 6 accounts running for 3 weeks 18-20 hours a day.

We don't know exactly HOW they track us, but there are ways that they CAN.
      -IP
      -MAC
      -Hardware ID
      -Credit card/paypal
      -Name/address

By avoiding all of those things, I've kept my new accounts running longer than I have in months. Maybe its a coincidence, maybe I'm doing something right. Either way, its working.

12. d0x

d0x Member

no offense but this is actually wrong, blizzard could read the "Soft-MAC" from the registry and use it.
      and they would also not see the MAC of the router or ISP because IP does not transmit MAC addresses, only ethernet transmits MAC addresses and ethernet is only used in the local network.

Blizzard bans no HWID's because you can also "change" it, I am not going to explain how, because my English is not good enough for.
      Blizzard dont ban any IP's because very few people have a static ip address.
      sometimes they ban pro*xy ip addresses, for obvious reasons.
      if they ban an ip then only for a short period, and if in the period, a accout logins on the ip, the account is monitored immediate.
      if you get banned it's most likely because of reports or to much uptime(unsure about the uptime because even i am sometimes botting for more then 24h)

i know my english is not very good, feel free to correct my mistakes :p

tl:dr:
      Blizz dont use MAC or HWID to Bann accounts

~d0x

13. Croga

Croga Well-Known Member

In theory blizz could read from the registry. In practice they're not allowed to and so won't do it. Thank you for the clarification on the last part though; you are right, it's an Ethernet property, not a TCP/IP property and thus, indeed, not available to the Blizz servers.

14. Timmid

Timmid New Member

btw, only 2/3 of my accounts were banned because the last account wasn't gathering botting yet. i'm assuming i went afk at the wrong time and GM caught me or someone reported both of my toons at the same time (different realms :| )..

Now I'm back down to just another 3 and probably keeping it that way and will have to find a way to make gold with less actual gather botting because that seems to be getting too risky as well.

15. d0x

d0x Member

this is most important. blizz isnt allowed to do anything.
      Therefore, this project is kind of "pointless".
      the only reasons for which you will be banned are reports and getting stuck to long and maybe the uptime.

np i am always glad to help

16. cowboyx

cowboyx New Member

So what is ur conclusion? How many bots do you run? How many hours etc? Explain how u made this conclusion please.

17. maxeldon1

maxeldon1 New Member

I have been running 4 accounts on the same computer for about a year or so. No big problems, some 24/7 botting, others on and off. The only problem I have had - was that Blizz closed my account(not bann) because I logged in from my office computer on one of the accounts. I called customer support - and they released the account. I added a wow code gen to the account and there have been no issues after this. My theory is that blizz banns on multiple player reports and following investigation - and then taggs the IP for later use.

18. Croga

Croga Well-Known Member

Answers in order of questions:
      - See my earlier post on page 1 of this thread
      - enough and none of your business
      - see previous answer
      - By knowing how the technical side of networking (and in this case specifically: Ethernet and TCP/IP) work

19. cowboyx

cowboyx New Member

In short wanna be big dick epeen random.

20. cn.

cn. New Member

Lol. You have no idea.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.