• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • I am going to test how blizzards bans.IP/Hardware ID/Mac address. Who wants to know?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by cowboyx, Apr 3, 2013.

?

Are you interested in this project?

1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. No.

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. d0x

d0x Member

i somehow believe you have no idea.
      Blizz could only read your "Soft-MAC", and since you are able to change it they can't use the mac as identifier same for hardware-id.

2. flr

flr New Member

Well, this hardware-id is an old myth and we have no idea what it is . Is the whole CPU / MB/ video / HDD ensemble or just some of them ? We don't know .

Soft-MAC, readable ? Sure it is. Do they do it ? We don't know. It isn't that useful anyway, it takes 30 seconds to change it.

IP ? It is trackable. Do they do it ? Yeah, they do it.

Do they instant ban by IP ? No. Not unless you fall in the next category.

Do they track repeated offenders and check anything that goes through that ID ? It appears it is possible, yes . They track most ***s, that's for sure.

3. Jacan

Jacan New Member

Its completely different with an Ai banning you vs human ... if a gm were to investigate you then vms are worthless.. fact. however I believe most of the bans are done by AI which means nothing croga said matters.. a thread like this is just going to lead to vms being banned or closesly watched like sor so STFU TY HF GD /delete thread

4. DX123

DX123 Member

THIS ^^^

Have a spanktacular day...

5. crush1717

crush1717 New Member

I just lost a level 68 hunter questing in Terrokar...no gathering, 8 hrs a day questing, random start times, was watching 100% of time..no links to anyone or anything...100% new paid account..banned at level 68..thats a new record for me..now i am a night owl..i run all my toons at night..all of my bans have come between the hours of 1am-7:30am..maybe gm's are slow this time of night as well? overnight botting even supervised may be an issue..just another random thought

6. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

someone questing at 3am will raise eyebrows :p

7. Cloudy

Cloudy Member

Here a small story from me:

blizz banned on monday 7 bots - 6/7 sors (dont really know - ill explain it)
      ~30 sor accounts are closed and because im not the real owner - i dont get it back
      some 3 days old and only used for about 12 hours - sor accounts were also banned

i know sors are bad, but they all ran ~6 month 24/7 - some a little less.
      nvm, they made enough money.
      all accounts used raf gametime and all accounts ran on the same ip
      i had 6 bnet accs, used 2 different names for it.

1/5 key accounts (no sors) is banned because of gold selling (is sold 20+ mill in this time) - i can understand it, but i give it a try to get it back
      1/5 kay accounts where banned...dunno why - got no mail - maybe i get it back

--------------------

i know the raf and sor reason, but in my case it was worth the reason.
      ill try know some key accounts on my ip, because only sor were banned till now.

i did nothing to prevent a ban - sounds stupid for most here - but...20+ mil in 6 months are good
      if the key accounts gets a fast ban...they check my ip (altough its a dynamic) or maybe my name.
      but if they have checked my ip OR name really, all accounts were banned.
      if they track my name, ill use another.

--------------------
      Edit:

i forgot one thing:
      some days before this, they banned my private gold buyer 2 times. so they also got my selling account
      AND I THINK
      this all leads to every further step they did, like .. oh ... he has other accounts? lets check - what ip does he use now? oh there are other accounts online...oh i had no sex the last weeks...i ban some accounts and close the sor accounts...im happy now.
      because all has been done by one gm - i dont name it, blizzard is watching.

dont judge me, i knew all risks and just want you give my personal experience with blizzard. maybe it helps.
      ill keep botting, no matter what blizz does.
      ah...before i forget...i bot on EU.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    8. Dark57

Dark57 New Member

I am interested op.

9. reddewman

reddewman New Member

DAFUQ did i just read?

10. assitoni

assitoni New Member

my bot runs around 19 hours per day
      for like 1 year already

never recieved a warning, a ban, nor i got messaged by any GM or player..
      im playing on the highest pop EU server ..

ive done questing from 1-90 + equippig those chars with full pvp gear...

3 RL friends are doing the same thing, they never got banned aswell

11. osirislives

osirislives Member

I'm not allowed to speed in my car, with my seatbelt undone, but i do. Just because Blizz isn't allowed doesn't mean they don't. Its not like they are forthcoming with and "proof/evidence" of any botting activity when they ban. Blizz could be running the scans all day long, and unless you are watching for it, you wouldn't know.

12. buzzerbeater

buzzerbeater Well-Known Member

First: There are enough people watching. It's not like nobody could see what a program is doing...

Second: You are comparing yourself to Billion-Dollar-Company? That doesnt make sense in any way.

OT: There has to be a quick and easy link between accounts.
      I had a GM Conversation because of a bugged Quest and the last question was interesting: "It's fun to run multiple accounts at the same time, right?"
      I didn't see the value of that sentence back then, but it is a little bit intimidating looking back now.
      I had just two Accounts running. Both were in the same guild and on the same PC. They weren't botting and stuff, just standing around town, crafting here and there.
      So the GM could see "on the fly" that I had a second Account running. Strange stuff, assuming he didn't do any research or had an eye onto my accounts prior.

13. webhond

webhond TEMPORARILY MUTED

i bet blizzard is making a calender from this post and they will laugh they asses off every
      single day reading a post off this thread.

So much crap in this thread allr, plz just stop doing stupid stuff like this. You will never know how blizz bans
      you nor will you know how far they can and cant / will and wont go to ban / haunt you / bots.

They are a billion dollar company, if they want you, they will find you. You might find one way to make em not
      able to detect you but they got 15 other ways to make sure they can.

My 2 cents on this is that blizzard is well aware on how to stop this bot, but also well aware on how much money
      they will lose when they do. So they try to keep it in the middle and get the best of both sides. A perfect business
      opertunity if played right. And looking at the amount of bots in this game + the amount of subs on this game they
      are doing one hell of a job.

14. furyz0r

furyz0r Member

There are 129k members in the forum, imagine 100k have bots, being the average 10 accounts per player, because a lot of people have 20+, and that could probably average at 10 accounts per player, just that alone would be 1 million subs.
      That would be a lot of money just from this forum, so I guess that could happen.
      And count the other bots that have been created and are being used.
      Blizzard has a lot of money to earn from the bots, and they are probably doing it.

15. Joker76

Joker76 Member

Your math is dizzying and makes a lot of assumptions. I don't have 10 accounts, and I'm willing to bet most other botters don't either.

And a lot of botters use RAF time to support their bot farms, for which Blizzard makes Zero point Zero dollars.

16. Xenom

Xenom Banned

Blizzard condone HB usage.

If they wanted to ban users all they have to do is detect it, with hundreds of programmers they do it in a few days. HB keeps the economy 'alive'. The -only- way you get banned is from too many reports.

;>

17. iamnotme

iamnotme New Member

You don't need a account to view the forums. Are you trying to help Blizzard collect data?

18. Aevitas

Aevitas Well-Known Member Staff Member Buddy Core Dev

[​IMG]

19. x11r6

x11r6 New Member

i got wiped twice by blizzard, losing 10-15 accouts every time. I lost acconts that have never ever botted in their whole history. My gf once asked me to log in her character, i did it only once. Her character was banned aswell.

I was running 24/7 literally for years, now i can't do it anymore (especially since i got a bigger botfarm).
      Blizzard started banning by IP, whoever says the opposite has no idea of what he's talking about.

20. Toxxic

Toxxic New Member

There's no doubt that this will be an interesting test, I don't think you can count on it's accuracy.

With the relatively small sample size you are using, any accounts that are not detected automatically (that are flagged by player reports etc.) will have a large effect on your results. There's also the issue of blizzard's banning methods, with the bans likely being in large waves it will be impossible to tell which methods successfully avoided automatic detection and were not flagged for a ban until a human investigation was made.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.