• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Interested in purchasing a questing bot?.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by MrK, May 2, 2011.

1. MrK

MrK New Member

So the bot is best for gathering/money making?.

2. Anonuzer01

Anonuzer01 Active Member

I've used both of the two "major" bots that are out there and HB is far better than the competition for both leveling and gathering.

Having said that, there is a certain amount of baby-sitting and a decent set of computer skills/knowledge makes things much easier.

3. domonart

domonart New Member

I've been using Honorbuddy and Gatherbuddy for just over a year with a lifetime account, and so far i've leveled one of every toon 1-85, farmed enough gold to pick a pretty penny, enough to pay for somewhere around 10 accounts throughout the entire duration (buying the games, and subscription time)

I've showed a whole course of friends and interested them into eventually making lifetime purchases themselves.

In my botting experience, Honorbuddy and Gatherbuddy are BY FAR the best bots out there, AMAZING support, and devs. Vast ammount of profiles that do just about anything, not flawlessly, but hell, some of the CC's play classes better than I do!

Honorbuddy will do:
      Instances, Grinding, Questing, Profession leveling, BG's, Refer A Friend, Discover zones, Farm Rare Beasts, Auction, Mail, Bank, and much, much more...

The posabilities are endless, you just gotta find a profile that you want. When searching, a lot of times i'll come across a profile and be like "Hmm, I never thought about farming MC using the bot, or farming a hyacinth macaw"

HB and GB are WELL worth the money!
      and btw, the buddy community is pretty big.

4. MrK

MrK New Member

Well you are one step closer to having me sold. But i'm finding it difficult to come to terms with how to work the bot. I'm interested in levelling with a bot mainly, however i'd be very happy botting professions and then gathering for a large amount of Gold for some nice equipment along my levelling journey which i may do legit if I have a nice amount of gear. So if I had in mind to make some gold for me to buy gear. What would you suggest I do? using Herbalism and Mining.

5. Lockwood

Lockwood Member

AIO bot but its super expensive

6. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

there's very little if any manual involvement from my profiles (1-80). the main issues are behaviors and meshing, which i can't control =(

7. Lefaux

Lefaux New Member

I got a ally from 1-85 in 4 days played with about 40 quests i needed to help it with.
      Given the fact that two days later i hit the 1000 quest achievement go figure :)

Kicks profiles are plain awesome.

Plus I used to buy gold on ebay and by now HB has SAVED me at least 50 bucks.
      I only bot for myself and to cover some expenses lime raiding and having dolce & gabana alts wich the best gear, money can buy.

If you feel bored in wow, open up HB and enjoy having not to do everything yourself.

8. Kiyumi

Kiyumi New Member

The best profile out there atm is orc hunter 1-46 its written really good. The writer took alot of time to write custom behaviours and rewrite custom class to work perfectly. Others profiles sadly bug all the time :(

9. MrK

MrK New Member

Does anyone know if .CS files need to be opened elsewhere rather than "load profile"?

10. Dgc2002

Dgc2002 Member

You would have to be more specific with the type of .cs file it is. I believe .cs files are for bot bases/plugins/custom classes. Profiles are stored in .xml files.

11. MrK

MrK New Member

I have sorted it now :). Thanks.

12. Anonuzer01

Anonuzer01 Active Member

If you downloaded (via SVN) Kick's profiles and are trying to use them, there are a few things you need to do:

In the Kick's Profile folder is a folder called Quest Behaviors 45XX. Copy all the files from this folder into the Honorbuddy "Quest Behaviors" folder.

If you are using the plugins he recommended, these go in the honorbuddy/plugins folder and are activated via the plugins tab on the Honorbuddy program.

After logging into the bot, you select the bot type that you are planning on using. For this case, I'll assume you wish to run the questing profile. Select "Questing" from the drop down menu, select "Load profile", navigate to wherever you saved Kick's profiles, and search for [A - Quest] Human 1-60 [Kick] - Alpha. Load the profile, click start, and you should be good to go.

13. MrK

MrK New Member

Great explanation. I did manage to sort it in the end. But thank you for your clarity :). Does the Gather bot work the same way?.

14. Anonuzer01

Anonuzer01 Active Member

Pretty much. You will see people talk about GB and GB2. GB is a standalone program that pretty much does nothing but gather. GB2 is an integrated part of HB and does the same thing that GB does (better in my opinion).

There are profiles for both GB and GB2 in the forum. GB2 profiles can just be downloaded, loaded, and ran as is. You will need a plugin (also available on the forum) that coverts GB profiles to work in GB2 if you wish to run some of the GB profiles.

15. MrK

MrK New Member

Ok. I think I got that. So do you guys think it's worth buying a lifetime membership? or just month memberships?.

16. Anonuzer01

Anonuzer01 Active Member

I bought a single session/one year subscription when I first started using HB. Once I had used it and saw what it could do I upgraded to Lifetime. Bossland gave me credit for my original purchase towards my purchase of lifetime.

17. Sliikz

Sliikz New Member

I don't know of its my bot or your Quest profiles but on your 1-58 and you 58-70 I have had Multiple LUA errors ect.

Ontopic : Personally, I'm sticking with the grind bot to level, It's pretty much flawless. The quest bot still needs a lot of work in my opinion as it lacks a decent level of "Logic".

I can also say All profession bots (Arch, Mining, Herb) all work flawlessly. The battleground bot (Both old and New) work great. Also, The new plugin Instance buddy works quite well, However only a select few instances are "AFK-Able" and even then it does tend to run into some problems.

Also, Gatherbuddy 2 is amazing!

18. MrK

MrK New Member

And what is the usual consequence if Blizzard find out?.

19. Anonuzer01

Anonuzer01 Active Member

Anything from 72 hour suspension to a perma ban. Don't bot with what you are afraid to lose.

20. MrK

MrK New Member

From what i've seen so far. im impressed.I do have a few more questions however, If i was to buy a year subscription to Honorbuddy, does Gatherbuddy come in that?.
      Also. What would the price of the liftime subscription be if I purchased a year one first? then wanted to upgrade.
      Lastly. Atm i'm waiting for some more funds to come to me and would like to enquire about the possibility of temp auths for a week or 2? until i get more funds to buy the full thing. Is that possible? Ofcourse i would purchase the weekly auth for a reasonable price.