• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Is honorbuddy worth my time trying to make money at 14?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Aroxan, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Fazc

Fazc Member

Great thread.

2. grindin

grindin New Member

If the kid wants to make money some how at 14 botting or even working a real job then who the fck cares unless your a hater, stacking chips is what I should have done when I was that age lol

3. myntvary

myntvary New Member

This is exactly why I bought honorbuddy. I'm a senior so the pressure is on, but don't worry you got plenty of time you can easily make that much if you know what your doing. On my hand, I don't really because I just came back to WoW last month. I don't know what to farm on my servers and what will be the most profitable. It seems like I see something that may be profitable but no one will buy it. Any help appreciated :D

4. Charles2k

Charles2k New Member

Just a heads up by the way, you're delusional if you think you can make 100 grand before you hit 17 or whenever it is you start college in US by botting and selling online items.

5. myntvary

myntvary New Member

There are people on here that make $3,000+ a month. It's a business, what's stopping him?

6. soulravager

soulravager Active Member

Add "re" before selling and we get reselling.
      Know your stuff and you can make money.

To OP, age doesn't really matter if you know what you're doing.
      When I was 14 I was making money online, not by botting, or by a game, but stuff online. Mostly reselling but also services!

7. Charles2k

Charles2k New Member

As I said, delusional.

8. soulravager

$100k on how many years? 3 years? Is not very difficult, how much do you make a year?

9. shindaustin

shindaustin New Member

Going to call b/s.

10. soulravager

Get enough bots, find buyers.

11. thomas_s

thomas_s New Member

9k isn't that bad but I make more than that at my part time job...which I have plenty of time for my full time college classes and wow + botting. And at my job I sit around doing nothing most of the time.

12. soulravager

Most things with games there's always a 12 year old better than you :p
      9k for how long? monthly is very good, yearly? very low. at your age sure, but when you get older you cant live with 9k a year.

13. Charles2k

Charles2k New Member

You know we are talking about a 14 yearold kid who is trying to make more than 33 grand a year, right? How you think IRS is going to let that go?

"Hey guys, just chilling around in my Corvette - I don't even have a job".

Please, maybe it is possible to run 40-50 bots, but try to do that in your parents basement while still acting like you have a life. Heck, try to even get the capital needed at that age to do it. I doubt he can earn as much as his parents do as 14.

14. LargeInt

LargeInt New Member

You have a good head on your shoulders it seems :D

Ignore the naysayers. Games are a great way to make some cash as a kid. I am 25, but I started playing Everquest when I was barely 12. I made close to $10,000 from selling platinum, and then when I quit, I sold my account for $3000. I had just turned 16.

That kind of drive will pay off in the end. Not only can you help yourself with college (I was lucky enough to not have to worry about that. My parents were lower middle class, but my great-grandmother was a good investor. She died when I was 15 and left me $100,000 in a trust fund.), but the experience will help you in the future. I have only had a few jobs working for other people, twice as a waiter, once as a carhop at Sonic, and once as a stack tester for a company that tested emissions from different kinds of plants. There is not enough money in working for other people, and the hours suck.

I have started a few businesses now, and have been able to live comfortably thanks to that. The most recent one is dying now (it had a very limited life span thanks to the FCC. Thanks AT&T lobbyists!), and I think I am going to build a botting army. I have a good computer already, and a spare i5 and i7 sitting in my closet.

If you have the drive to make it work, botting can be very lucrative. I've already experimented around with it a bit and did the math. If you do it correctly, you can make a few thousand a month with just 1 computer.

What I will say, however, is from reading up on this, your best bet is going to be start small. Invest a certain amount of money, let the bots pay the investment back, and then use the money they make to upgrade to more bots \ better comp specs \ other games. Since Blizzard bans in waves generally, you do not want to invest $1000+ in a bunch of accounts, only to get hit by a ban wave a week later. Build on your original ones, put money back, and wait on a ban wave to come and go before going large scale. Also, differentiate. Split your stuff into different groups of bots doing different things, so there is less chance of losing them all at once.

Good luck! If you have pushed yourself enough to already do that well with a lawn business, this should be easy. Just make sure you don't get too big and lose focus on other things in your life, or get in over your head. Start slowly and build to where you are comfortable.

I am sure if he makes over $30,000 in a year, he will be ok with filing taxes on it. If he lives with his parents, it is not like he has a ton of expenses. He could bank most of it, file his taxes, and still have $25,000 (and that is assuming he spends a little of it...he won't pay 15%+ in income taxes at 30 grand a year).

And, I think that kind of botting would qualify as a job. He would be self employed at that point, as he already is if he owns a lawn care business (even if he doesn't have a business license).

Also, I am not sure if his parents would care that he was doing that if he was saving enough money to pay his way through college. He would likely need around 3 or 4 decent computers to run enough bots, depending on his setup, to pull it off. It is not like he could hide it.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
    15. Charles2k

Charles2k New Member

If he is filling taxes on it, it would be even more than $100.000.

You realise that it makes it even more impossible. Stop being delusional, botting is not a job it's free money on the side.

16. Charles2k

Charles2k New Member

Out of curiousity, how much did you earn since you claim it is not profitable enough to work for others? I'm looking at earning around 85 grand a year when I finish my masters degree in 2,5 years.

17. leeg00

leeg00 New Member

my sarcastic comment..... it was like 3 years ago. considering you can buy 10k gold for like $10, dont count on making much.

18. Aroxan

Aroxan Banned

Ahh, seems people forgot to read what else I had posted. I make money other ways besides botting. I've made that 9k since I turned 14 (during may) and It's from mowing, gold and platinum buying reselling (the real stuff, not digital, nice bullion bars.)
      Botting seems to be a very fun and interesting way to make money. I'm making a good steady $70 a day. I'm buying a new computer this Christmas and plan to have 6 accounts running at minimum at a time. I did some math, and if I do this right and there are no problems, I will reach my goal in no time.

19. unscrupulous

unscrupulous New Member

Earning 100k by the time your 18 no way, I do decently with 400$ ish a month on average and that is only 16k in 4 years. If you try and make 100,000 dollars by the time you are 18 I dont think it will happen. And becides even making an extra 10 thousand a year you can pay of your loans in 10 years not 30, also you can work in college

20. soulravager

Lets say he's using 3 bots, getting 30k per day, each (this isn't difficult if he got professions).
      That's 90$ per day. 3 years = 1085 days = $98550 made.
      If he'd buy 3 more bots, another computer to run the bots on, he could make more.

And the great thing with bots is - you don't have to be at the computer!
      He could be out making money in other ways.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012