• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Just sold 400k...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by zim79, Sep 13, 2010.

1. jawn

jawn Member

Yes, guildies are great. Right before WoTLK came out, a situation in my guild where another guy started botting (after a little tutoring). He decided to break from the norm and was caught. His account was banned. The bad thing he had 6 70's on it. A few of us actually called and complained about his account being banned and kept saying how he wasn't botting and we had proof that someone else used his account without his knowledge. 2 weeks later he was reinstated fully including all the gold that he had sold off LOL. Not sure why they gave the gold back, but he quickly dumped it into the GB. He's still playing but I don't think he's touched the bot programs since.

2. thebluefish

thebluefish New Member

I don't sell very much gold, but when I do, it's always in 5k-10k increments. Never been banned, never been suspended. There seems to be a reason most chinese gold sellers "cap" any single transaction at 16.7k, and I've seen that happen on several occasions on several different sellers (friends used to buy loads of gold), but I'm not necessarily sure if it at-all works or is just another safety precaution.

3. thebluefish

thebluefish New Member

On severals servers I play, I have never seen whelps go for above 800-1k each. Therefore, across 20 hours, each account is getting around 5 whelps, going for an average of 4.5k total, for 225g/hour of botting.
      On these same servers, I can make around 300-500g/hour farming eternals, 250-350g/hour fishing, 300-400g/hour mining...

This is a prime example of being economically smart. Finding what sells on your server and what doesn't is what's really going to maximize your income. I find that it also helps to know when to sell and what to sell.
      For example, if I put all my eternal fires up on the AH in the morning for 26-28g each, they're all guaranteed to sell before noon. If I put them up on the AH in the evening, I'll be lucky to get 20g each for them, and they probably won't all sell. If I decided to fish for a night, I can get full bags worth of glacial salmon, nettlefish, and muscleback sculpin within 4-5 hours, and after a full night of fishing I usually get about 60-70 stacks of each. I can sell the salmon for 18-20g a stack, the nettlefish for 14-15g a stack, and the sculpin for 12-14g a stack, but it takes me 4-5 days to get them all sold.

So making 2-3k over night really isn't that out there (depends on how long you sleep xD), but you can't just take everyone else's word of what sells well and try it without any prior research.