• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Kick's Archived Posts Thread

Discussion in 'Archives' started by ryftobuddy, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

PHP:
              <If Condition="HasQuest(&quot;Proscribed Technologies&quot;)"> <!-- 5 sec no cd -->
                  <
      Python Statement="Logging.Write(&quot;Please manually do quest&quot;)" />
                  <
      Python Statement="GigaBot.Stop()" />
              </If>
      take out the gigabot.stop.

currently the and (not isquestcompleted()) syntax doesn't work, so you'll have to delete the gigabot.stop, save, and reload the profile once the quest is completed if you want the bot do to the rest of the quests

2. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

I guess my question was more of why the quest doesn't work, rather than how do I fix it. It seems like a pretty straightforward move here and pick up the item. I was kinda wondering if there was some specific technical issue with the quest which makes it not work.

3. Kickazz006

it's not that

the quest is working fine, it's that currently there is not working syntax to stick the quest above it so that once the quest above it is finished - it moves on, you should be able to press start and bam, it's good to go, but currently it's not implemented

if you look at the xml, you'll see what I mean. The quest I linked has a different name and comes before the quest you're talking about, so if the gigabot.stop was deleted, saved, and you re-loaded the profile, it would go on to the next quest

4. DJmike

DJmike Member

I'm playing a new char from the start. I've done so far two quests by deleting and saving while i do it manually and load. Now im stuck on "The Altar of Reflection". Here is what happens.

Moves to where the altar is and just stands there with that error.

5. Kickazz006

is the spirit guide out and visible? or is it not visible?

if it's not visible - is the 'object' called Binding Point ?
      is it at the correct location?

i do recall the zone - but please next time include the zone you're in, Thanks!

6. DJmike

DJmike Member

Sorry new here, when you say "zone" what do you mean? as in location am at? If its location im at silverwood.

Not visible and the correct location but even after i do it manually and restart, it tries to use it again. However changing object name to "Altar of Reflection" solved the problem and moved the quest forward. Thank you for that. :D

7. Kickazz006

ah yeah, i copy / pasted and didn't change the name

fixed!

8. DJmike

DJmike Member

I'm guessing the latter since it happened to solved the problem ;D. I just changed to the name it displayed in-game is there another way of knowing for sure?

9. Kickazz006

na, i fixed the issue. i had copy / pasted and forgot to change the name from Binding Point (original name for the previous spirit guide).

10. Kickazz006

Moonshade Highlands is finished. It gets you to 40

There is a 35-36 grind either at the end of Scarwood or beginning of Moonshade (whichever you like - both grind to 36).

Moonshade has a grind to 40 at the end (I was just over 40 when I dinged)
      Droughtlands (38+) is next

11. hermes

hermes Guest

I have problem with 27-30 Scarlet Gorge, bot going to get ' Death for the Dead' , but there is not such NPC, is he removed from game ?

12. Kickazz006

13. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

I was going to mention that to Kick as well. That quest giver is actually a rare spawn, and is marked as such. Which means that if any defiant ride by, they will see them as a rare spawn and kill them. I did some research on Zam myself to find this out.

From my experience, the quest giver is rarely/never there. I have leveled at least 15 different characters to this level range and I have only seen them twice. Probably would be best if those quests are just removed, and a note added to the bot to do the quests manually if you see the rare quest giver.

14. Kickazz006

:O crazy! He was there when I picked it up ;)

PHP:
              <If Condition="HasQuestAvailable(&quot;Agent Gerid Kalos&quot;)">
          <
      PickUpQuest Name="Death for the Dead" Npc="Agent Gerid Kalos" X="3835.982" Y="976.5576" Z="2929.76" />
              </If>
      There, that will fix it (re-svn)

@ phaze - 15 chars and no feedback about how awesome i am? :(

15. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

On another note, I'll be finishing up Moonshade this evening when I get home. Another awesome job done by Kick. I did have a few pathing issues, and I have decided that I really should be playing a class with some healing abilities. I die a lot more than I should be, but its mostly from my retard cat pet pulling every damn thing around it.

I'm still amazed at how quickly you are getting these profiles out. I check my svn once in the morning and once in the evening. and every time theres an update or a whole new zone profile.

Keep up the good work!

16. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

HAHAHA, I was typing dammit. Gotta give me some time to sing your praise!

17. Kickazz006

the cleric is pretty awesome

once hawker (or someone) gets the option for the tank cleric (1h / shield and tank buff) it pwns face like no other

that, or the paladin tank (which heals like a beast and can take hits like no other)

18. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

I just want the target ground function and other small fixes added so the "please do quest manually" messages will go away. I've watched every minute of leveling the bot has done and would like to feel comfortable in leaving the bot alone to do its thing without constant supervision.

Another small change that would be nice would be some sort of logic so quests can be done simultaneously. For instance, there is a quest group you do in Moonshade where you have to kill 16 fairies, gather 8 runes on the ground, rescue 4 prisoners from cages, kill 3 mobs for quest items and pray at an altar. The bot attempts to do each quest at a time, meaning that while the bot is killing the 16 fairies, its constantly running past the runes on the ground and past prisoners in cages. Once the fairies are done, then the bot will start picking up runes, while once again running past prisoners in cages. If it could all be streamlined to do all at once, 10-15 minutes worth of time could be shaved off questing. Those 10-15 minutes of time add up in the long run. There's at least 1-2 of these types of quest groups in each zone that could definitely benefit from streamlining.

19. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

It was awesome before the first banwave when each time I would open up the developers forum there would be a new profile to play around with. Wish some of those guys were still around to build us some awesome profiles.

20. tc-zze

tc-zze New Member

The order of quests completed is controlled by the profile, think of it as the instructions it'll carry out...
      Within the profile the order of quests were initially split this way.

Why you might ask?

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.