• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Kupper - Demo/Testing

Discussion in 'Combat Routines' started by Ichiba, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Ichiba

Ichiba New Member

Ok now that I can actually get into dungeons a little easier, I can test better. For some reason it takes way longer to get mudra in dungeons than it does in the outside world. Weird. Working on a fix.

2. Ichiba

Ichiba New Member

Trying another ninjutsu fix. Works for me, hopefully it works for you.

3. exaccuss

exaccuss Active Member

works perfectly. thanks a lot.

4. Xotrem

Xotrem Member

It straight up ignores Shadow Fang, does all the other abilities and DoTs except for that. If it does Mutilate, it should also do Shadow Fang.

5. exaccuss

exaccuss Active Member

? It does shadow fang for me just fine. Could you post some sort of log?

6. Ichiba

Ichiba New Member

Check your combat settings. If the enemy has less hp than the DOT HP Limit, it won't put any more dots on it.

7. Xotrem

Xotrem Member

I changed it to 1500, I'll keep tinkering with it to see if it does it...if not I'll post a log. Fantastic work so far. ;)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    8. matt84

matt84 Member

wow.. just took a run on a striking dummy.. all these changes you've made are amazing, it's running so good now, cant wait to get it into some real world stuff!!

9. exaccuss

exaccuss Active Member

What sort of dps are you pulling? Whats your ilv?

10. exaccuss

exaccuss Active Member

When mudras start casting, i noticed that when i try to manually use jugulate, it doesn't recognize it until the mudras have finished weaving. Is this possible at all to change?

11. matt84

matt84 Member

ok... so i let it parse on a level 50 striking dummy for 4 minutes

[​IMG]

Average Item level is 64 - pretty trash gear

[​IMG]

Also, dont trust the latency readout "windows resource manager" will give you for ffxiv when running battleping... that will report whats bouncing off the battleping server... not the actual game server.

Edit - Yeah it seems to get stuck when trying to reapply Huton, i've seen it get stuck their a couple of times on the dummy now.... got you a nice debug log of it happening, hope it helps!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    12. exaccuss

exaccuss Active Member

haha i know. i would never ever get 41 ping to ffxiv down in australia lol, but BP definitely is a huge improvement over wtfast though. I don't see any failed ninjutsu's anymore (unless the combat routine just stops) and internet lag is pretty much non existant now. Plus my rotation hasn't messed up yet either.

13. Ichiba

Ichiba New Member

Man, your internet is so fucked up, I don't know if any amount of fixes is going to make this work.

What happens in that log:

You cast Jin.
      The cooldown counts down from 500ms to 0 and you still haven't gotten the mudra buff.
      Then without casting anything, it jumps from 0 to 500 and you get the mudra buff.
      It freezes at 500 for half a second while trying to cast chi.
      Because it's stuck at a time which is normally impossible, it thinks it casts chi and then ten.
      It thinks it's casting huton, but it's only completing the mudras for either katon or raiton because your game is rubberbanding, neither of which can be cast on Core.Player like Huton needs.
      It waited 5 seconds until mudra ran out, then reset and did an aeolian edge right before you shut it off. It didn't even get stuck.

I'm going to try some last ditch things tomorrow to deal with this, but you really can't expect perfect performance on a job that requires consistency and precision if your own game can't even keep track of what's happening.

EDIT: And just to be clear, I'm definitely not trying to be harsh or mean or rude or say it's your fault or anything like that. It's just that this game is bad about dealing with lag and there's really only so much I can do about it if the game can't even tell what's what. Pretend I was smiling and laughing and givin' u a bro hug the whole time. :)

14. kaihaider

kaihaider Community Developer

Just to chime in without reading the past pages, you have the game window focused right?
      otherwise the bot gets stupid insane lag :p

15. exaccuss

exaccuss Active Member

That does seem to be a serious lag problem you have going on there. Do you use battle ping? If not, i highly suggest looking into it. It really . I started using it and the results are pretty awesome compared to when i wasn't using it. This is what i pulled after a 9 minute parse with it now.

[​IMG]

16. matt84

matt84 Member

Nah my internet isnt fucked up.. i have 100/40 fiber to the premsis which has had not one issue in 2 years and is all brand new lines etc... if anything it's the WTFast Pathfinding beta, which has a habbit of changing servers midgame and doing weird things, also that was basically the first time i've had it happen today... all day it's been running smooth so i'm not sure what happened or if it was WTFast, but i gaurantee it's not my internet.

you dont get lag when the game window isnt focused... it's fps drop due to there being no option for "background FPS" I did have the window focused that wasnt the issue, i am wondering though if there is a way to change the background fps for FFXIV so i can run it at 60fps in the background.

i've tried with both, this was basically the first time i had a big issue with it freezing up, i'll give them another shot...

Edit - Also if you're getting 41ms in your resources readout, that means you're selecting a server close to you.. that does nothing, the latency comes from when it hits our coast and goes to the US... then the hops increase in size, you want to select a West Coast USA server for a direct connection to the US to lower overall hops.. if you have selected an Australian battleping server, i gaurantee the improvement is probably negligable and you have rougly the same latency with no tunneling service and WTFast is infact increasing the latency

17. exaccuss

exaccuss Active Member

Where are you located? I am from australia and use the sydney (beta) server for my results. (battle ping)

18. matt84

matt84 Member

Edit - Also if you're getting 41ms in your resources readout, that means you're selecting a server close to you.. that does nothing, the latency comes from when it hits our coast and goes to the US... then the hops increase in size, you want to select a West Coast USA server for a direct connection to the US to lower overall hops.. if you have selected an Australian battleping server, i gaurantee the improvement is probably negligable and you have rougly the same latency with no tunneling service and WTFast is infact increasing the latency

I'm from melbourne

19. kaihaider

kaihaider Community Developer

I didn't mean literal lag...I meant the time between each tick gets very large >_>

i did say bot and not game; not like it's gonna lag out the nav server T_T

I think you can use stuff like isboxer to help your background fps btw...

20. matt84

matt84 Member

Also, i'm not bothered if it pauses up every so often, i have to click a button big deal... i was moreso reporting it because i thought you'd wanna know about it... it performs great for me outside of 1 ability, that gets reapplied maybe twice a fight.