• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [PAID] [Mage] Portal - An Advanced Honorbuddy Mage Routine [PvE/PvP]

Discussion in 'Mage' started by Millz, Aug 26, 2013.

1. foxy_2011

foxy_2011 New Member

we do that with +25 ppl. and yes everyone should reach lvl 100 in day one-2, and get the gear by day 3. I didn't say I do not know my class, I was14/14hc long b4 even knowing such a CC exists, I mainly use it for maintaining the dots, since targeting and keeping them up is pain, but still if the honorbuddy will be OFF, this doesn't mean that CC writer won't be able to make a new CC rotation for a class, or does it ? and as long as I remember the HB in MoP came back online after a week . I mainly asked coz Millz has his focus on Demonic warlock CC so probably he is gonna put his time on that CC not the mage one.

2. Millz

Millz Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Oh - it's not in the log file... well it shouldn't be using Alter Time without IV being up (unless there's a very long CD remaining on IV). So in that case it looks like it's being used correctly, with trinkets + procs up.

Once we get a more solid release date for WoD, I'll be stopping updates for the current version of WoW and starting to make the relevant code changes for 6.0.

There's a lot of work involved in updating the routines, especially for a new patch, but hopefully it won't take too long to get up and running.

I can make changes to the code, but until Honorbuddy is updated and released, I can't test any of these changes. I also need to level up 3 characters (Warlock, Mage, and Priest) to 100 so that I can test the code.

My plan as it stands...
      - 2 weeks before WoD, stop all current code changes and start making updates for WoD's rotations.
      - WoD released -> Level up chars as quickly as possible while waiting for HB to be released
      - When HB is released -> I'll need to test huge amounts of code to check for bugs etc, and as soon as the rotations are 'working' I'll push a build to the SVNs. That doesn't mean they'll be optimized, but just 'working'. Once all 3 classes have a working build, i'll then start tuning the most used specs first (i.e. 5.4 was destruction warlock / frost mage / shadow priest), then go through the lesser used specs after that.

It will take time to update them all though, but I'll be balancing my time between all 3 rotations as best as possible. Hopefully within a week or so after HB is updated we'll have a decent rotation.

P.S - if anyone has a spare WoD beta key, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    3. arvz16

arvz16 Member

uhmm new to HB and combat routines, I tried using portal on my mage in Random dungeons. she's hitting mobs no problem, but the problem is, she's not moving or following the group. is that intended?

Botbase: Dungeonbuddy
      Routine: Portal

4. dilbog

dilbog Member

Movement is not supported in all millz free version routines. Best to use it with tryael or lazyraider to see what it can do, also arena will not work in free if I am remembering correctly. If you want to use afking then use singular.

5. deyean

deyean New Member

I was wondering if someone could post settings used to get 2k+ rating if possible; i've looked at the pvp guide posted already but it hasn't given me much luck. :(

6. Lowdeath

Lowdeath Member

when i enable the option "Pause routine on non-movement key press" in ANY amount, the bot just not fighting at all, meybe cast blink or few skills, but not fighting
      so i must disable it
      what to do?

heres the log

Attached Files:

7. Tappedout

Tappedout New Member

I had this happen last night with demonic too so I just disabled and reconfigured macros for Cc. I noticed using /stopcasting macros seem to hurt the routine

8. Millz

It's detecting the key 'Packet' as being pressed. I've no idea what that is. Try restarting your PC (turn PC on -> then restart). Should fix it.

9. Millz

Will PM you - not allowed to discuss it publicly.

10. Staffix

Staffix Banned

Hm, 516 ilvl with 143k dps on sha of pride, not bad :p (as frost ofc. my gear is utter crap)

Time to gear this badboy up to 580 and test it vs my lock xD

11. Toko

Toko New Member

why is it casting ice lance or arcane explosion while moving? i have disabled it on the settings :(

Attached Files:

• log.txt
        File size:
        713.1 KB
        Views:
      Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
    12. moerrts

moerrts New Member

how can i enable this for farming iwant to farm manually but im not so good at mages

13. Sucubich

Sucubich New Member

Been doing some testing with this routine as arcane in lfr and I must say I am very impressed. 180k dps in 542 pvp gear =) . Keep up the good work millz.

14. SprayPlaster

SprayPlaster New Member

Heya, this "problem" is on my end, I'm playing with around 500 ms on a good day. I noticed that when the bot cast fireball or frostbolt, it doesn't cast them in succession, so something like cast fireball -> split second pause (most likely because of my latency) -> cast another fireball. I don't have this "problem" with other classes like boomkins or elemental shamans as the bot queues the next spell before the current one is finished, so what things can I tweak to reduce this pause as much as possible? Thanks in advanced!

15. OnehitB

OnehitB Member

Hey Millz I still have the alter time problem, I'll try to do a fresh install of HB and do it Again, by the way, macros on my action bars make any difference?

EDIT: Yeah the altertime usage is completely wrong when Cooldowns enabled, it uses icy veins way earlier than alter time, and never waits for three procs...

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    16. Nonymous

Nonymous New Member

Hey thanks. Can you tell me where to find "facing"? I don't believe the click to move is the problem.

17. Kimyio

Kimyio New Member

Is it possible to make an evocation hotkey?? sometimes it can be hard to get a cast off manually

18. Kimyio

Kimyio New Member

And Alter Time on Bosses only :)?

Edit: Other than that, loving the CC :) Maybe a Disable Click to Move feature :)?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    19. Toko

Toko New Member

Arcane is the way

20. Millz

Ice Lance -> When no Ice Floes charges, and it's the only spell left to cast.

Arcane Explosion -> Will cast when a unit in range of you, to keep your arcane charges active (prevents them from expiring and dropping off)

Need some more info sorry. What are you trying to farm? What bot base / version of Portal?

Try disabling anti-lag #1 on the advanced tab. Should help the issue.

Can you post a new log file please? The last one you posted looked like it was being used correctly..