• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [PAID] [Mage] Portal - An Advanced Honorbuddy Mage Routine [PvE/PvP]

Discussion in 'Mage' started by Millz, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Millz

Millz Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

You can use a log file from one of your boss fights to see what the values of ignite went to. That's the easiest way to see what to set it as.

2. TrippleKick

TrippleKick New Member

Thanks

3. lve2raft

lve2raft New Member

I am not talking about just a normal LB spam with IB. It is a controlled method of increasing single target dps while using LB plus IB. So I can not tell if the routine is doing it properly. Here is what should happen ideally:
      1. CR does its normal rotation on the boss.
      2. CR Detects presence of adds.
      3. LB on the boss is about to expire/detonate.
      4. CR quick spreads that soon to detonate LB to adds.
      5. CR immediately casts another LB on boss
      6. CR immediately spreads that LB on to the adds.

Since LB explodes when adds die - this way ensures we get two detonations of living bomb per add death on to the main target.

I hope this makes sense.

4. Clubwar

Clubwar Member

5. Millz

Hey - Yeah so that will sort of happen. The routine does it like this.

1. Performing normal rotation on boss.
      2. Adds appear next to boss.
      3. Cast IB on boss because we've detected a new unit near boss target doesn't have LB.
      4. LB expires on target (and adds).
      5. Cast LB on target
      6. Cast IB to spread LB to adds (back to step 3 -> unit detected without LB so re-spread).

6. spawnpl

spawnpl New Member

I have a problem with the CR when in Fire Spec, the rotation casts LB and just sits there doing nothing.

7. lve2raft

lve2raft New Member

Has anyone actually been able to get the two piece ignite trick to work? It NEVER works for me...not once. Just did maidens --watched it like a hawk. It never switched targets on the pull so it didn't compress the ignite. yes I have target switching enabled.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    8. HarveySpecter

HarveySpecter Member

Mage doesn't use blink at all. When enemy is in melee distance, mage just stands there getting hit while trying to kill him. I have applied the blink setting in your routine but nothing happens..

9. Millz

Reloading HB will fix that. You need to reload when changing spec (but not talents/glyphs)

It doesn't need to switch targets to do it. It casts just like multi dotting. So all while targeting your current target, it can spread the ignite and cast combustion on off-targets etc depending on which has the highest ignite power.

10. Millz

Can you post a log file please?

Ref:
      How To Attach a Log

11. MaximPetrov

MaximPetrov New Member

I know a year ago QuitYourJibbaJabba wrote an Portal Rotation User Guide, I was wondering if there was/is a newer version available?

12. Millz

Hey - There isn't a guide for Portal specifically, but for mages in general this one is brilliant: WoD Mage Compendium

It also gives talent recommendations for specific boss fights further down the post.

13. MaximPetrov

MaximPetrov New Member

Thank you Millz, need to dig into that later and give it a go. Thank you btw for a nice profile, will post my results after my tweaks later.

14. cmurda25

cmurda25 New Member

Is there a free version or a trial for this CR? I see the free version but it is unavailable after you try to get it. I really just want to give it a try before I get it. I have heard good things about it though.

15. Millz

You can trial the premium version for 48 hours. The trial button appears after you login to the store website.

16. albyalby

albyalby Member

Millz i own all of your CC , i just have a simple question. With your product streaming now from the store does it auto update?

17. lve2raft

lve2raft New Member

Ok - but it doesn't seem to be working. I know there is a fair amount of RNG involved - but I have 685 ilvl with a lot of crit and I have never gotten over a 10K ignite. There are people getting 50 and 60 k ignites. There are two fire mages in my mythic raid group and I am usually 10-15% less DPS than him. I do notice that the CR is using IB as per the normal rotation - but with this trick I believe you need to save the IB charges to spam back to back after building up a big ignite.

From Method's Guide - this guy is IMO one of the best Fire Mages in the world.

Advanced Combustion Usage with T17 2P Bonus:
      Due to how Mastery: Ignite works, you can greatly increase your Mastery: Ignite when two or more mobs are close together. Simply open as usual (but without using Inferno Blast), fire all of your Pyroblast procs into the primary target, then cast Inferno Blast twice in a row, swap to the second target and use Combustion. When Mastery: Ignite is spread twice like this, Mastery: Ignite is compressed which gives it a higher value, this can be performed on single target fights too with good use of Prismatic Crystal.

Since I am on his site - Millz can you confirm that the CR does the following:

Single Target Priority List:

Note, Scorch should be used over Fireball if you have to move and have no instant casts or Ice Floes charges available.

Before you use Combustion you always want to do a chain of Pyroblast procs in a row, as well as using Meteor (if talented) to ensure your Mastery: Ignite is as high as possible.

In general gameplay when you have a Pyroblast! proc, you shouldn't use it instantly, instead you should wait until you also get a Heating Up proc, and launch a Fireball with an instant Pyroblast at the same time, this will increase the chance of gaining another Pyroblast due to the Heating Up buff's grace time.

Cleave & AoE:
      Fire's cleave is pretty simple, you want to cast Inferno Blast to spread your DoTs to other nearby targets, make sure that you always spread Combustion instantly after using it. Also make sure to spread Living Bomb before it expires, since the detonation is a large source of damage.

When there are five or more targets, you should use Dragon's Breath on cooldown (if glyphed) and keep up the debuff that Flamestrike applies.

Other Talent Usage:
      Blast Wave charges are best used along side procs or with Prismatic Crystal if you have it talented. Make sure that you always have at least one charge on cooldown. Try to be mindful about using your second charge as you should try to time it with AoE or cooldowns as much as possible.
      Kindling allows you to use Combustion much more frequently, you should play as normal and use Combustion on cooldown being mindful of aligning it with upcoming procs.
      Prismatic Crystal should be used along with Combustion, you should ensure you have a Pyroblast proc before placing it, then get a Combustion off quickly and spread it to the main target.

I am confident if we can get the CR do to the above - we will all be parsing in the 99th percentile!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
      dilbog likes this.
    18. JtownsClowntown

JtownsClowntown New Member

Hey Millz, you still updating this? I didnt see an option in talents for Ice Nova. and im getting my ass kicked in arenas!

Wondering if its outdated?

Thanks brotha!

19. dilbog

dilbog Member

100% spot on. I to would like these changes implemented.

20. Millz

Yep, auto updates when you load HB.

Okay, I need to change the IB to stop it being used as part of the normal rotation when building up Ignite. Presume you've got the tier bonus, can you open HB -> Developer Tools -> Auras -> Auras on Me -> Can you check in here that you've got the 2 PC bonus aura active: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=165458/item-mage-t17-fire-2p-bonus

Single target prio list -> Yes, that's what it should be doing.

Hey - it's updated. Which version are you using?