• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [PAID] [Mage] Portal - An Advanced Honorbuddy Mage Routine [PvE/PvP]

Discussion in 'Mage' started by Millz, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Phyzoon

Phyzoon New Member

Hey Millz, hi there. Portal is acting up, after updating I've noticed a BIG DPS loss in some fights, like Garrosh and Iron Qon. I'm using Anti-Lag step 2 only, and framelock @ 30 FPS. Any idea of what could be going on?

2. Millz

Millz Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Missed this question. It's because the routine needs to cast them so it can detect when it needs to refresh them. I'll look at changing the code to fix it.

3. Millz

Hmm not sure. Not doing something daft like using loads of PvP settings (frost nova / ice barrier on CD / spell steal etc) are you?

Which spec?

Got a log (in case there's any errors in there)?

4. Phyzoon

Phyzoon New Member

Ops, sorry, Frost Mage here. Actually, I'm noticing a overall DPS loss. But there are no errors, I could send you logs from any fight if you wish to take a look, but there are no errors. And I'm using PVE settings for sure. Maybe my settings are messed up somehow? I tweaked the PVE one that came along with the profile.

5. larcerkev

larcerkev Member

Alright, for some reason I can't replicate it now, I'm not sure if it was an error at the time where it wouldn't update for the setting being changed on the fly or something else. If I do end up having it happen again though I will be sure to save the log file from when it happens.

6. Millz

The rotation itself hasn't changed recently. When did you start to notice the dps drop ?

7. Millz

[05/Nov/2013]
      - Added range checks to the rotation to prevent blowing cooldowns/trinkets when targets out of range.
      - [Fire] Added the frostjaw -> deep freeze nuke combo. Need to enable setting for this rotation to activate.
      - [Frost] Added setting to disable Frozen Orb.
      - Added Ring of Frost on Sheeped Unit

8. larcerkev

larcerkev Member

Completely random question, but would it be possible to get a small box displayed in WoW that tells you if you have Burst/AoE/Cooldowns on/off?

Edit: On Immerseus having movement enabled for the fight causes you to constantly run into the middle and not do anything. I really like the suspend movement feature where it will keep your arcane stacks and not waste them, but not too fond of the movement feature, is there a way to keep the suspend feature as a option outside of that?

9. Phyzoon

Phyzoon New Member

I noticed the DPS drop after updating HB and using this "built-in" Framelock. I'm getting out DPS'd by mages with lower ilvl. This has never happened before. I'd rather just use Tyrael's framelock, just to be on the safe side, but I guess that's not an option anymore.

10. badabing

badabing Member

Portal spams my party chat how do I disable this?

11. garbooo

garbooo New Member

Ok, so played last evening for the first time in 1,5 week. After the last hb updates the routine works pretty slow. It pauses quite a lot for me, did 2 rbgs and even tho it went good it wasent performing as good as it have been before! Also it was spamming poly way too much, possible to lower the prio a little bit? Can post a log tonight if it's the same.

12. Millz

I'd need to know how to create WoW addons for that, and I don't - and no desire to learn :p

Don't recommend using movement at all with Tyrael etc, slows the routine down too much. Just handle movement manually.

Not sure how it could be lower. Have you got loads of non-dps settings enabled (spell steal etc)? What about anti lag #1 (disable it if enabled)?

Does the routine *feel* slow at all? Is there any pausing? Have you noticed any abilities not being used (Icy Veins / Alter Time)?

Need more info really, haven't got a great deal to go on.

You can't - which messages do you want to disable? The PvP ones (i.e. "[Portal] Charged -> Blinking" or "[Portal] Death Grip -> Alter Time") etc?

Which polymorph settings do you have enabled ? 'Any' will spam it constantly, 'Any Healing' is pretty aggressive against healers but will ignore non-healers.

Which spec are you using ?

Pausing -> Sure the target doesn't just have auras you don't want to cast against (i.e. spell reflect, anti magic shield, smoke bomb..)?

13. garbooo

garbooo New Member

Nope no shields etc, only have any healing enabled. It didnt used to be that aggressive before. Will post proper logs and better feedback tonight when im able to try it out a bit more. Also, almost forgot! Could you please make it not cast ring of frost when target's on really low hp. Ruins a kill when a target is on 50k and it starts casting ring of frost. Also it doesnt look that good to others when it does it neither ;)

14. Millz

Yeah I recently changed it to be more aggressive so that it could chain sheep a healer while you nuke your target etc.

I'll add a 20% HP check to on cool down and target stunned/slowed/rooted.

15. garbooo

garbooo New Member

Perfect! Maybe should lower it a bit for rbgs if possible, or I'll just use the focus poly ;)

16. snow686

snow686 Member

Use focus poly. It's working like a charm in arenas!!!!!

17. dilbog

dilbog Member

Hey Millz

In single target rotation in arcane spec I have noticed that when I have 4 arcane charges, and 2 proc's of arcane missiles it will cast one missiles then cast arcane blast then cast arcane missiles instead of just casting the 2 charges of arcane missiles. none of the arcane charges have been spent at the time it is casting the arcane blast.
      View attachment Single target 2013-11-06 16.47.txt

In aoe mode I have noticed that it does not cast arcane missiles very often if at all and the general dps is about 20-30k less than i am getting with king wow attached a log of your routine but can also post a log from king wow if you want to have a check but i think it is down mostly to arcane missiles not being cast as thats the only difference i can see.
      View attachment AOE Enabled 2013-11-06 16.47.txt

I have been playing about with burst mode but cannot see any difference in rotation compared to normal rotation, What is it ment to be used for? Short lived mobs? Does it work with aeo mode aswell?

Thx

18. garbooo

garbooo New Member

Indeed! Just a bit messier to use focus in a rbg ;)

19. mariola

mariola Member

you can always try creating a mouseover macro to set focus :D

20. snow686

snow686 Member

Just use battleground targets