• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Mark II - User Controlled PvE & PvP Hunter Routine

Discussion in 'Hunter' started by falldown, Feb 23, 2013.

1. offensive

offensive Member

Honestly, as a decently geared (522 ilvl) hunter, I've been using all of the available CCs since MoP launched. I think this has to be due to your settings, Falldown's CCs have always provided top notch dps that the other cannot come close to. Don't get me wrong, Tuanha is amazing, it's the only thing I use for PvP and questing, but for raiding this and the Beast Master just cannot be beat.

Would you mind sharing your settings? We may be able to pin point what is causing you problems. There is a few of us that have several top ten parses on WoL using these CCs. Posting your armory may also help, as you may be doing something inherently wrong with your hunter itself. You can use this site:

Anonymous WoW World of Warcraft Armory Profiles | Masked Armory

To create an armory link for us to view that will only show us your gear, not your name or server.

2. megabbyte

megabbyte Banned

I have Rapid Fire option to False, and bot use it anyway. :|

3. xXxExpertxXx

xXxExpertxXx New Member

how is this for pvp???

4. amputations

amputations Active Member

Why dont you try it and find out?

5. DewdInTheNewd

DewdInTheNewd New Member

I'm struggling right now but mainly because i'm undergeared. I was scoring 95+ percentile ranks in t14 before I quit wow for a while. Playing catch up is a bitch.

On my Mark I settings (I prefer Mark I much more than Tuanha now due to it not 'stuttering' my comp from time to time and the easy keybinds for swapping between AoE/ST) I have everything as barebones as I can. Everything disabled that I dont absolutely 'need' (potions, unused talents, etc...)

Level 90 Draenei Hunter | WoW World of Warcraft Armory Profiles | Masked Armory

6. offensive

offensive Member

Your gear/gemming etc looks fine. For some reason that site isn't showing reforging anymore (it used to) but i can guestimate just off your stats that your forging is OK.

Are you playing BM or SV? I have mine configured very similar to yours, almost everything disabled except what i absolutely need. I manually use stampede.

When you say struggling, are you just not able to keep up with the rest of the raid in lfr/25man? What sort of numbers are getting? While the bot performs a very good rotation, your opener is very important. For example with BM, if you do not perform a correct opener before letting the bot take over, you will see a very high variance in DPS than you would if you opened with a macro (what I prefer) or do the opener manually.

7. DewdInTheNewd

DewdInTheNewd New Member

I've been using SV since 5.2 (BM before in MoP. SV and MM at their various points of "top DPS-ness" in Cata, MM in WOTLK). I have Mark I handle all my major CDs though (stampede, rapid fire, AMoC), maybe that's different. As for my DPS discrepancy, I do well comparatively in my 10 man, but my gear is really low :V -- I'm currently in a struggling 10 man, the raiding is shit but the people are cool. If I considered myself useful (like I was before taking a few month hiatus from WoW) I would swap guilds or go horde or something and delve into 25 man again (gear is so much easier to obtain there :V). Right now I really feel like gear is my biggest set back, though I could probably squeeze more DPS with fiddling with Mark I settings / macros in general.

I reforge using ReforgeLite using custom weights (Hit/Exp = 200 weight ~ Crit = 180 weight ~ Haste = 160 weight ~ Mastery = 140 weight).

8. mrlooolz

mrlooolz New Member

Hey I am 522 SV hunter and Am using Tuan Special Edition. while its a great CC for pvp i feel like i should be doing much much more with my gear. I get beat by people in my raid less than me. I used Mark1 back in 5.1 for BM. I was hoping if you could tell me Which CC will earn me the best dps in PVE (you will probably say Mark1) and if it is, May you give me the settings for this ? Also should i be u sing public or developer?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
    9. megabbyte

megabbyte Banned

Disable Rapid Fire, this CC use it anyway.. :| bugfix? im testing on dummy.. and use Murder of Crows too... how i disable this options?!

Testing Dummy:

CC: I Mark

SV - ilvl478 - 37k dps - with rapid fire and murder of crows.. too loooowwww..

CC: Tuanha

SV- ilvl478 - 46k - without Rapid Fire and Muder of Crows.

CC: CLU All in One

SV - ilvl478 - 43k - without Rapid Fire and Murder of Crows..

Conclusion.. I know i dont have good gear.. and some items pvp.. but i tested all CC with this gear.. For me, with tuanha i do more dps.. because i think cc cast more fast some spells.. like Glaive Toss.. Tested with Tyrael.. (just enable chat output, 30 tickes) I dont use Multi-shot.. and explosive trap.

10. mrlooolz

mrlooolz New Member

I saw this and i got curious.

hunter undead lvl 522(all tot gear with 2 HC items)

Raid Dummy 5 mins, all cool downs used by cc
      no flask no pot

Mark I - 87k DPS
      Tuan Special Edition - 115k.

and i still think my dps should be higher. not sure. -.- will keep looking at CC untill i can find out that will help me rank. ATM none of the CC can compete with my manual dps :(

11. DewdInTheNewd

DewdInTheNewd New Member

Do you have Tuan set to multi-dot serpent sting? If so that would multi-dot other dummies and yield higher results.

12. falldown

falldown Member

The CR is going through a big overhaul into version 2.x so a lot of stuff isn't working right now.

We're currently working on fixing our cast method, other stuff like PvP, especially trapping isn't working correctly at the moment either. That and few other things got broken in the latest updates so I recommend people stick with the public release 1.9.8 until we get the new version working properly.

13. MrOnslow

MrOnslow New Member

Prolly have :)

Did a test on my own hunter, 516 ilvl (ally worgen). Mark I (40 mill damage) - 93726. TuanHA SE (40 mill damage) - 93218 (no multidotting). Tyrale with framelock. Going to do another try with TuanHA SE with Lazyrader non framelock.

14. mrlooolz

mrlooolz New Member

I probably did. not sure will also retest. I use Tyrael but not with frame lock i get really bad fps drop.

I am interested in seeing your results. let me know

Also my Mark1 scored 85k at 522 while you scored 93726, how long did u run ?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
    15. mrlooolz

mrlooolz New Member

Raider Dummy, Tyrael, No frame lock (if i do it @ 30 my pc freezes up badly)

tuan SE 40 million dmg -108336dps (multi dot disabled)
      for the same Duration Mark1 got to 31million and dps 93456.

those are the results i got :(

16. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

Is this the reason why the SVN no longer works?

This is what I get when I try to SVN update:
      Command: Update
      Updating: C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\HB Official Release\Routines\Mark I
      Error: Target path '/branches/dev/Mark I' does not exist
      Completed!:

The SVN link I've been using for as long as I can remember is: https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/mark-i/branches/dev/Mark I

17. offensive

offensive Member

This piqued my interests and had me do some long testing. Typically I have only been doing 10mil damage tests, but on a longer 30-40mil I think I see some problems that may cause a slight dps drop on longer tests.

In regards to readiness and rapid fire, it looks like the CC is using readiness as soon as it comes off CD, instead of waiting for RF to be available, so it's not performing the 2nd RF>Ready>RF combo at the 6 minute mark. I'm not sure I've noticed this before, as I often use readiness myself to use my CDs during my rppm trinket procs.

All of my tests being performed with 522 Human Hunter.

18. falldown

falldown Member

19. Crzypuffin

Crzypuffin Member

If you set your priority for WoW in task manager to high, it'll makes it more stable.

20. DewdInTheNewd

DewdInTheNewd New Member

I noticed that the CR likes to pop Readiness ASAP instead of waiting to pop Rapid Fire (if close to coming off CD) or waiting for 2x Kill Shots (if boss is low HP).