• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [PAID] Monkz's Damage Shaman [Elemental]

Discussion in 'Shaman' started by monkz, Jan 30, 2015.

1. becy

becy Member

1) View attachment 6124 2015-03-17 17.51.txt
      The bot does not cast the lava surge procs while I'm moving. I need to move to a different direction or stop moving for it to cast.
      In other words, I'm running around the boss while clicking right mouse button and 's' key at the same time and Lava Surge procs while I'm doing that. I need to press 'a' or 'w' key, etc. or to stop for the CR to cast it.

2) Unleash Flame is being used even though I'm not specced for Unleashed Fury. According to the icy-veins it should be out of the rotation without the talent.

3) Does the CR apply this rotation rule? (taken from icy-veins) I feel/see that it is casting Earth Shocks always at 20 stacks.
      Cast [​IMG] Earth Shock, if you have 17 charges of [​IMG] Lightning Shield or more, in order to deal [​IMG] Fulmination damage.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    2. monkz

monkz Community Developer

2. Unleash Flame is only used when moving and without Spiritwalker's Grace up.

3. Icy-veins is a little bit outdated. U should acutally use it with 12+ stacks with 4pcSet and 15+ without. It is set higher than 16 atm. U might feel it casts it close to 20 stacks because multistrikes can bring the buff 2-3 higher but the hits/stacks are registered AFTER you start to cast something else.

Just implemented this change. 12+ with 4pc // 15+ without.
      was 16+ all the time.

1. This is a small bug I never noticed. The problem is. Honorbuddy is checking if it can cast a spell before using it. It should have actually used it without me especially telling him to cast it.Working around this HB check with lua cast for now.

Everything will be implemented with the next update.

3. Gramfrom

Gramfrom New Member

Hey Monkz,

Love your CR.

Quick question:

There's a singletarget rotation and there's an AoE (3>= targets). I read that if there's a two target fight, should stick with the single target rotation with CL instead of LB.

Is that correct? Because if there's less than 3 targets, the CR only uses LB.

Thanks!

4. monkz

where did you read that? link pls.

I just investigated again and had a look at the top ranks at warcraftlogs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/7#boss=1693&class=Shaman&spec=Elemental
      only 1 guy in the top 10 used chain on this fight. his average hit damage with chain is 10kish his average damage with lb is 24kish.
      I tried to find other guides or theorycrafting to this matter, but I didnt have any luck.

For now pre 6.1 I dont think it is a dps boost to use chain on 2 targets. Non of the top ranks are using it in the main cleave fight there is at the foundry, why should you? :-D

5. becy

becy Member

View attachment 5476 2015-03-19 23.51.txt
      With the Unleashed Fury talent, the cr is prioritizing Lava Burst over Unleash Flame. Shouldn't it be reverse since UF buffs LBs? The rotation suggested on icy-veins and mmo-champ is telling that.

6. monkz

Again, I would not let outdated guides fool you these were done from people just thinking not doing. Simulated DPS Rotations from simcraft suggests that it is better to use lava burst if it is up before unleash flame.
      Have a look at the cast table of the rank 1 ele shaman on gruul. He is not using unleash every 15 seconds. he is often delaying it 1-2 globals to cast lava burst.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gkjp48QwnF1dPXbM#fight=7&type=casts&source=10&view=events

On Aoe fights it is not really viable because you will use chain and quake, and you would not benefit from it. -> no unleash in the aoe rotation.

7. becy

becy Member

As long as I get these well thought, investigated answers from you, I'm happy. Thank you.

8. shinavaka

shinavaka Member

Having issues with the routine. It pops up in selection window when i click the routine and ok it disappears for a second like it loads then pops back up asking me to select a routine again.

Edit : found the issue, a talent point was not spent and caused this

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    9. gamerhead

gamerhead Member

Can someone tell me there dps output with this please? I tried the trial sometime ago but it wasn't performing any better than YRB2 so I didn't buy it (and I was healing at the time). Now I'm playing Ele and I want to have the best I can get.

10. cciero

cciero New Member

Two Target Cleave use Chain Lightning

So far Great CR. Two target cleave is a dps gain to MultiDot and CL in stead of LB at 3 Targets plus Multidot is a DPS loss. I will refer you to Binkenstein a Ele shaman theorycrafter and he runs a blog at totem spot. Here is a link to his wow head guide Which he updates daily so its fresh. Elementals in Draenor: An In-Depth Guide to Elemental Shaman - Guides - Wowhead

This is the portion you should read to see the CL replaces LB.

Also the reason you see no CL on Hanz is becasue its not really a two target fight for long. Especially on mythic where you move a lot more.

Multitarget
      The question of "What rotation do I use for more than one target?" is better answered by asking "What are you trying to do?". The AoE rotation is best suited for dealing maximum damage to multiple targets and bringing them all down evenly. The Cleave rotation, on the other hand, is more suited for dealing damage to a primary target with extra damage going to secondary targets.
      # of Targets Primary Target Multi-target
      1 Single Target N/A
      2 Single Target with Chain lightning replacing Lightning Bolt Same as Primary Target with Flame Shock on the second target
      3+ Single Target with Chain Lightning replacing Lightning Bolt AoE

11. monkz

Now lets have a look at actuall data. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kDtVLw28nvr1cT7A#fight=37&type=damage-done&source=5
      This is #3 Ele shamies on "Iron Maidens"
      Average Chain Hit: 13,024.1
      Average Lightning Bolt Hit: 35,023.2
      He is using Lighting Bolt for 2 Targets.

I may implement a multidot function in the near future after eastern, but I dont think it is correct to use chain on 2 targets. Every data I looked at suggests otherwise. Including simcraft simulations.
      Dont get me wrong its a simple change. I may implement a hotkey to activate chain on 2 targets while I am at multidotting.
      So everybody is happy :-D

12. cciero

cciero New Member

You dnt need to put mutki dot in. Targeting is perfect any shammy with a clue will simple target and it will dot for u. The chain light ur just fllat out wrong and ill tell u why. You generate more ls charges for more fulmination. Basically with two target u pick one cleave off and use procs on main one. Maidens is a poor example on mythic as well as ur always trying to push one mob or perhaps he went on boat. Check heroic logs plz more cleave acrion there. Ill get u some real data later. In theory cl with two mobs but in practice its not so easy to execute. go sit on a dummy with ur bot then replace lb wigh cl watch the dmg. The other thing and i dnno if this is possible, is if we have a proc of eq left over it shud b cast on the boss stull even if no adds up its a dps gain i promise as long as its insta cast. I am 7/10 myth with no bot but i got interessted in these bots for pure fun. There really really cool to me. This cr pulls numbers . Ill give u logs when i rank number one shammy ok. :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    13. gaudion1

gaudion1 New Member

hi you make a wonderful job

but i beg you. Make an on/off option for the talents. elemental mastery, ancestral swiftness and liqzid magma.
      Ancentral swiftness on cooldown isnt good.

mfg

14. monkz

after the eastern holidays, I will implement all these changes.
      These are not huge changes but they will need a few hours of work.
      I will also implement aditional options for all the over cooldowns.
      Most people just dont care :-(

15. gamerhead

gamerhead Member

How close should I be to simcraft? I'm getting about 3 to 4k less than simcraft. Would disabling my add-ons help? Or is this something normal? awesome routine BTW.

16. monkz

That's quite normal. Are you stimulating your gear. You lose a few k dps to latency alone.

17. gamerhead

gamerhead Member

That's what I've always thought. Thanks.

18. gamerhead

gamerhead Member

Got to use this in raid last night and I was consistently pulling 33-34k dps and when the rng gods allowed I was getting 37-38k. I'm 689 ilvl with no set bonus. Loving this CR.

Edit: That was on about 20 attempts of Blackhand Heroic.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    19. cciero

cciero New Member

Just to reiterate my point. First, this is a great CR. Very fast and has been for the most part working well. Just a few minor things that would make it really max min.
      1. Seems like a weird range on the EQ insta cast. On operator I get the insta cast proc but if im like 20-30 yds away it wont put the EQ until i get closer like 12-15 yd. If you have an insta cast EQ charge remaining it should ALWAYS use the cast even if its one target.
      2. You dont need multi dot. Targeting the other enemie works fine and is much better for Shamans anyways. Anything over 3 targets is a DPS loss to multi dot.
      3. Please put some logic in to make sure LIQUID MAGMA is only cast with current fire totem time remaining > 15 or something like that or else u waste the CD of LM if ur fire totem has 5 secs left.

So far good. It would b nice to put a hotkey for the CL on two targets I promise its a DPS gain

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/87J26fLjXpzRZcQb#fight=18&type=damage-done

here is Number one SHaman on all fights he is a god.

Two targets look something like
      Keep Flameshock on both
      Use Fulmination proc on main target
      Use LvB on main target
      Use CL instead of LB as a filler to generate more Fulmination charger. ( Make sure no GLYPH) on CL for 2 targets as its a dps loss.

Keep up the good work.

20. monkz

Not exact sure what might be the issue here. I added the EQ cast to the singletarget rotation, so if you get a proc and adds die it will cast it on a singletarget also. Rangechecks and all the other stuff are handled by HB itself. If the error persists, I may need to do another workaround like I did with not using the instantcast lavaburst while moving. This however will be way more complicated because its not a simple "hit the button" cast

Fixed. It replaces the searing totem if it is < 15 and liquidMagma cd < 1.5. It will not replace fire eles. It will wait until the fire ele is expired and use it when. If you think it is better to use like 10 - 15 secs on liquidmagma with ele than to wait. just tell me.

Added option to ChainCleave. Beware.. Dummys are still not recognized as viable targets by honorbuddy.
      Added option to disable talent cds. (Liquid Magma, Swiftness, EleMastery)

Should be there with 1.1.1