• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Multiple BWs problem

Discussion in 'Buddy Wing Forum' started by pindleskin, May 31, 2013.

1. walter

walter Active Member

Damn how much electricity do you fucking use! You are one mad man! That must be some good heat in winter!

Monitor radiation should make up for all the sun shine you are missing out on!

2. pindleskin

pindleskin Community Developer

Installed VMWare and Win7 x64. I am getting black screen of SWTOR after i click Play in the launcher.
      I have installed .net framework + c++ redistributable + dx9.

3. Developer

Developer New Member

I had the same problem with Win 7 x64. Try Win 7 x86 on your machines, which seems to work best by far with VMWare + SWToR. It's actually the only completely workable OS I've found for this situation, XP included.

4. pindleskin

damn :) i wish you said this before. Lost plenty of hours :/

5. Developer

Developer New Member

Well I have mentioned it before, but there's a lot of information floating around out there. D:

6. pindleskin

installed winxp in vmware and all the .net,c++,dx9 crap :)

Got the game running, was already in the game then i changed some graphic settings and some other and the game freezed.
      When i run it the second time, the game froze just after i select the character. Tried deleting the game settings file in the user's documents. still same problem.

stuck at 1/5 loading screen with "Not responding" in Task Manager.

7. pindleskin

Anyone?

Still haven't got a succesfull way of running more than 1 on same PC, eaither VMWare or ISBoxer :/ I don't wanna buy another PC just to run more sessions :(

ISBoxer - RAM starts filling if i run more BWs (So only 1 instance of BW is usable) Massive GB of log files. Anyway of running the BW without log file on the hard drive? And i don't mean Logging set to none. Thats only inside BW option. He is still writing the log file on the disk

VMWare - I rarely manage to get into the game (usually freezes at loading screen) and even if i do get into the game. The VM is painfully slow and BW doesn't work good with it. Combat/Movement and everything is f**ked up

I have 8 core AMD and 16gb RAM. VM has 2 Procs 2 Cores and 3 GB of ram on WINXP x86.

Please if you offer the product with 3 session offer me some help with how to run this 3 sessions without having to buy 3 PCs :/ I don't know what else i should try out. Everytime i do i am wasting time and not getting any proper results.

8. Developer

Developer New Member

VMs + SWToR work horribly with every OS I've tried except Windows 7 x86. I had the same issue as you with XP. With your system, you should be able to run at least two at once before things start to slow down.

9. pindleskin

guess i am gonna also try the W7 x86 :) ty

10. pindleskin

[HLL] Dictionary errors right at the start, first few minutes of grinding :/ Tried 2 times :/

But i choose 1 CPU 4 Cores. This somehow runs better than 2/2 for me.

11. Developer

Developer New Member

Try a different profile. I get errors like that over time when using Pure, but Walter's runs for hours. I wonder why those errors would be associated with the OS? :confused:

12. pindleskin

Yeah i know. Its not logical :) I'll maybe give it a try, but the last time i tried Walter's i got at least -30% dps compared to Unpure. Need to mirror the combat rotation and try it out :)

FACT:
      So far i haven't been able to run more than on BW on the same PC, eaither with vmware virtualization or isboxer :/

13. Developer

Developer New Member

Pure and Walter's are both great routines. Per my experiences with each of them while using VMWare (yours may vary):

(Un)Pure + VMWare:

It's impressively fast, with optimal rotations and no pauses between 1 hop kills. Invariably, though, after a short period of time the bot will stop functioning while the log fills with dictionary errors, also at an impressively fast pace. This means that every fifteen minutes, on average, I have at least one bot to fix, which involves closing BW via the task manager (it locks up and has to be forced to close) and then ending the still active session online. I've tried stripping almost every conditional from the class code of the two builds I use (simply leaving the bot to attempt casting abilities in priority order), as well as removing the AoE call completely, and while this produces less log errors, the inevitable dictionary error crashes still occur.

Walter's + VMWare:

Walter's is fast as well, but I would guess it grinds about 10-20% slower than UnPure because it pauses briefly between single hop kills. On the flip side, the average lifespan of a Walter's session can usually be measured in hours as opposed to minutes, sometimes running all night on multiple bots without issue. When the bot does stop functioning, it can still be closed without crashing, which means the session is also ended properly so that I can just restart the bot without issue.

In a more perfect world, those Pure errors would be resolved (most of which are on BW's end), and/or Walter's would become even faster by avoiding those pauses. For now, I use Walter's because the downtime I experience with UnPure > the impressive speed increase I experience while it's working. If you do try Walter's, let us know if that at least resolves your multiple bot issue.

Cheers,
      -D

14. pindleskin

Tried the latest Walterz Test Build. Still got HLL dictionary errors. This time with 2 CPU & 2 Cores. Different char & profile.
      I don't get this kind of errors in a non-virtualized environment eaither with Pure or Walterz. Pretty weird :/

15. walter

walter Active Member

I wish I had answers for you. Sad panda!

16. Ama

Ama New Member

I was running on windows 8 for a little while. I tried every possible option to stop my comp from logging out when I went afk. When It logged out, swtor sorta paused itself. I ended up rolling back to win7 just for this stupid game.

17. pindleskin

@Developer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anything different here?

18. Developer

Developer New Member

I can see only two relevant differences. I'm still using Workstation 8.0.4, and my network adapter is set as NAT, not Bridged. I've tested mine on Workstation 9, so I wouldn't think that's the issue. I'm not sure about the network adapter differences.

Hope that helps,
      -D

19. pindleskin

View attachment 100496

Tried the NAT thing. Still not working but the log file is different.

EDIT: Probably wrong setting for my NAT as it later disconnected me...

20. walter

walter Active Member

I use isboxer quite often with buddywing and I found that if I have buddywing set to quiet or no logs its helps it run a lot longer. Seems to also be planet related/location based on what planets work longer than others. Once I put out my updated routine that I have been slaving at maybe it will help you (crossing fingers). My new routine just needs some more polishing before I post since it has a few bugs I am working out. I don't want people to use something that most likely could fail epicly and end their credit making since I noobed up my new routine.

I did something bad yesterday and forgot about 2 accounts on a bot computer (running isboxer since your isboxer licence will work on up to 5 PCs) that went for 15 hours straight.............I hope the bioware gods don't smite me. But give that a try and set your logs to None/Quiet since we all know what errors pop up and why. So no reason for you to log them :D! Let me know if this works out for virtual machine as well!