• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [N - PvP] w00ts COMPLETE - All New BG Profiles

Discussion in 'Archives' started by w00tsauce, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Utrope

Utrope New Member

Yeah i know i don't know why this would make a difference, but when im doing WSG with my horde caracter its seems to not get stuck... Its weird...

Ill let my horde char running to see if its get stuck...

2. Lockwood

Lockwood Member

Ally too mate. U might have located the problem there.

3. Mohan

Mohan New Member

Has anyone found a resolution to the stuck at the gate once you swap to defense for SOTA? I have tried both w00t and default but the issue remains. It looks extremely obvious when you're either spinning in circles or jumping into the door, dismounting, remounting, then rinse and repeat.

My knowledge of this is very limited, but it would seem that a simple fix would be to code so that your character never attempts to run through the door and always utilizes the ramp.

Edit: I've attempted blackspots all around the general area of the doors but the bot is still determined to plow into it, for the entire duration of the round...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
    4. lostsk8r

lostsk8r New Member

Am I the only one that has their toon do circles infront of the first gate (right side) in sota? looks like hes got downs.. just clicking movement in circle right infront of gate for a good 10 seconds then goes forward ;p

(ok im not i see above)

5. papatoast

papatoast Member

Yeah you're not alone - I've been watching mine do this all day. I'm assuming its a mesh problem as if you check your log HB just can't figure out how to cross the threshold - no way to make a path between the two points. Happens with all the gates. Posted over here:
      http://www.thebuddyforum.com/showth...-POST-THEM-HERE!&p=150019&posted=1#post150019

6. w00tsauce

w00tsauce New Member

Yea. Still mesh issues I believe. Take some screen shots (be sure to hide your name and other peoples names ((cltz+z)) and post it in the mesh folder. Hopefully we can get this fixed.

Also Mohan, blackspots dont work in BGs =/ I dont know why but they dont.

7. Mohan

Mohan New Member

Ahh ok, that is good to know that blackspots serve no purpose in BGs, thank you W00tsauce.

As far as pathing goes, is it the hotspots that control this or something else? My question still stands I suppose, would it be possible to alter the function that controls the pathing to simply use the ramp when coming from inside? This would avoid the whole stuck at a fully standing door.

The issue that lostsk8r speaks of is a red flag no doubt, but minor in comparison (I too experience that one). Yes it looks extremely unnatural, but at least that only last around 10-15 seconds. I've been studying the logs when this happens, I believe there is a relation to when HB processes a certain gate's status switch from "Fales" to "True" for being destroyed.

The stuck at the undestroyed gate issue is far worse as you will stay there for multiple minutes repeatedly trying to pass through with no success. This is where I would be most interested in seeing the pathing switch to the ramp (which is a mere 5-10 feet from the door anyway) to avoid my toon beating his head against a soild door for multiple minutes, at times until that round has ended...

8. Bobble

Bobble New Member

could you effectively have the bot run down one side of the map thru ramps ie hotspotting top of the ramps then running back up the otherside of the map? hopefully you'd find enough allys to draw your attention so that you dont get stuck on the first gate running back up from the beach! then Just use a direct path rather than randomise the hotspots?

9. Mohan

Mohan New Member

Right, as Bobble described. Something of that nature should suffice in resolving the issue we're talking about I would think.

10. w00tsauce

w00tsauce New Member

When I get on tonight I will give this a go. I think I have an idea of what your talking about. PM me a better explanation of just how you think it should be and ill whip one up later on.

11. lostsk8r

lostsk8r New Member

Yeah I've ran two toons on straight sota for 24 hours.. no tells about it or anything, i do cringe everytime I notice it happening

I think it can happen with any gate, on either side of the gate, i've even had some enemies kite me across it then notice i'm circling, so they hop back over and i attack again etc.

12. keleshia

keleshia Member

btw, what does it mean when it says 'could not navigate to hotspot' dequeueing it?

edit: also, can i join this with my raf account? Will it auto join together?^_^

ty btw! gonna test it today fo the first time! ;)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
    13. w00tsauce

w00tsauce New Member

Well there is no fixing this SotA issue. I went through and remapped it. There is no way around it. Definitely when you are on offense and it is trying to get up and through the gates. It makes it on top of where the gate use to be and then just freaks out.

14. allenh98

allenh98 New Member

Any install instructions? How does the game know that your wsgfile.xml is the wsg folder to use for BGs? I ask cos im trying random Bgs and it isn't letting me, or is that a feature that is currently not working?

15. w00tsauce

w00tsauce New Member

Random BGs work fine.

Simply place these profiles in your default profile folder and delete the default ones. Then rename my profiles to the right name. For example w00tsWSG just needs to be WSG.

16. w00tsauce

w00tsauce New Member

Updated Sota text.

The issues SotA is having isnt a mesh or profile issue. It is an issue having to do with HB itself. Hopefully they will have this resolved in the next release. I advise not botting SotA as it is blatantly obvious when you try to cross through gates.

Ilja Rogoff likes this.
    17. whinnie

whinnie Member

been running ioc for 2 days, when it ports out of the gate it runs back towards the keep against the wall for 3-5 secs tried on 3 cc's same on all. my war got 3 "r u bot" whispers in 6hrs or so. If this is not a known issue let me know i'll provide a log

18. w00tsauce

w00tsauce New Member

Mhmm. Will have to look into that. I already know its not a profile issue. I dont have any hotspots set for inside either keep.

Next time you run it, take some screenshots and post in the mesh log so it can get fixed in case it is a mesh issue.

19. mnbandit

mnbandit New Member

Mine does the exact same thing. 9 times out of 10 it will turn and run back towards the keep. The other 1 time out of 10 it doesn't because I either get dismounted by horde, or it dismounts itself to recast something it didn't while running to the teleporter.

I luckily haven't gotten any bot whispers (that I'm aware of), but it does look VERY bot-ish, especially near the end of IoC when the horde are just out front of the keep, raping you over and over and over and over because the bot doesn't use a side teleporter late game :p

20. mnbandit

mnbandit New Member

Here's a vid sample.

YouTube - bot_prob

I think what's happening is that the bot moves to the teleporter and pauses a sec and if the teleport isn't instant, it tries to move off of the teleporter inside the keep, but then the toon gets ported outside and tries to run to the spot that just got clicked...

Sorry for the very crude breakdown, but I don't know shit about the lingo for bots yet. I'll try to post a mesh log or something here shortly.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.