• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Need constructive criticism on gold business plan

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Pbnew101, Apr 12, 2011.

1. neodite

neodite New Member

3 or 4 buyers really don't matter. I used to sell gold every day and had an MSN list full of buyers. And msg'd all that was online at the time to get the best price.

And you will find that alot of the buyers are the same company with differant names/sites.

It got to the point where i was getting.

0.5/1kgold or No gold needed.

The problem aint really the price (Because you can still make abit of cash) But there is so many people selling gold now, you will soon find more and more sites not buying from you because people just aint buying gold anymore.

If you really want to make money from a game, RIFT is still new, get in there while it's still fresh and make as much cash as you can

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
    2. Pbnew101

Pbnew101 New Member

I couldn't find any RIFT bots that look worthwhile although I would like to try it since it's new like you said. I am going to check back with the gold buyers within the next couple days and see what the offer price is I will have 50k+ by then

3. hanibal

hanibal New Member

Blizzard sure did start to ban accounts more often on EU servers. I used to bot on 6 accounts and was getting banned on 3-4 of them from time to time. Recently I upgraded to 26 accounts and in the first month had 18 banned. All on EU servers, each char on a different server. So getting banned it's a big issue lately for gold sellers, at least imo.

4. lostsk8r

lostsk8r New Member

Gold isn't at .5/k from gold sellers, and never have I had my top buyers tell me gold wasnt needed, I even had one tell me they'd give me a higher price if I had more than 100k gold to sell, I didnt quite understand that one. I dont sell every day, seems kinda dumb considering I use vanilla accounts/chinese buyers, but I guess if you have private buyers then hell why not.

Anywho, I sold to my normal china man for $1/k on all my servers on saturday night.. so I'm happy with $1 for now, anything beats that .5/k bullshit.

I want to also bot RIFT but nothing seems promising, goblin was autoit and sure that could work but didnt seem much antidetection put into it.. and that mmoninja for like 15 a month? no thx, it would be nice considering you can get level 50s for the price of the game right now, but thats just telling me the game is gonna fail soon like WAR and AoC.. just matter of time, I'm sure you can bleed it dry all the way to the end though, I used to make an easy $200/week off eq2 platinum last fall, I could still do the same.

Wow 18 banned, sorry to hear that, been staying at 6 myself and debating 9 but seems bigger you get the more likely that you wont be losing just one account at a time.

5. mmo777

mmo777 New Member

nothing beats real life experience. if your action plan looks good to you after the research you've done then it's time to put it in motion.

a few weeks ago Trashmob posted his progress of building up a pretty bot farm operation, got all the way to 20+ I believe ...before Blizzard shut him down. if he was to try again, i'm sure he would do some things differently.

it's all trial and error when it comes to gold farming/selling. good luck and keep us posted.

6. dd4k

dd4k New Member

- Every Chinese websites are now linked with each other into a very big network. When they have demand, everyone will say "have 100K+ demand", but when they dont have, all say "No, thx". It will be a headache in the bad time, because not all of your gold can be converted into dollar. So just take a note about that.
      - If you bot 24/7, don't hope too much about staying alive after 1 month, especially when noone watching it (you cannot stay awake for 24h a day, am I right ?)
      - You are giving Blizzard 30% revenue as tax, it's too much. 15-20% is okay.
      -Stay small. If you wanna bot 1-3 accounts for pocket money, it's usually fine. You are too small to get attention from Blizzard. If you wanna get rich and open up to 10-20 accounts, you will be a too big threat for Blizzard to ignore, especially when you bot 24h a day and sell large amount of gold in a regular basic. They will watch every account that related to you very carefully. Trust me, they will watch your moves VERY VERY carefully :)
      - Don't be so confident about "accounts still not linked in anyway", they know about you more than you can imagine :) .

7. dd4k

dd4k New Member

-1 more note: Don't count on that $1/K price for long. It used to be $0.7/K two months ago, even only a few months after Cata release. At the moment, it's $1 now because there are so many gold farmers got banned for the last month, when Blizzard decided to clean up their game to respond to the complaints from honest players. I myself lost a few millions of gold, 11 farmers and 50+ mule accounts, 3/4 of them are clean, just being created only for 2-3 days and never broke any of Blizzard's rule (they know my pattern of selling gold at around 100K, and ban me just before I reach that target, damn those cunning foxes). And certainly, "accounts still not linked in anyway" (as least, in my opinion)

8. Pbnew101

Pbnew101 New Member

I do see they keep a watch on things. I wanted to do this myself and actually see what the ban situation was like, how far you have to go and unfortunately not to my surprise my 1-50 mage in 7days rl time was going fine but for some reason kept getting stuck in its pathing with my profiles

So I tried using a 1-68 questing profile in winterspring at 50 which was almost doubling my xp/hr versus the other grinding profile and within 2hours of watching weeds with my girlfriend I had been logged out and got a 72hr ban while my GB2 rogue (whom I grind botted 80-85) continues racking in its 1k+/hr potential as well as my 40 hunter which has been watched closer than the mage and will only be using the grinding profiles considering the "problems" I had using the questing profile.

FORTUNATELY a 72hr ban on a first bot vanilla account isn't a huge loss for me but is good experience to bring upon the reality that they really do have the upper hand in the end and that botting always holds risks.

EDIT: I DO NOT bot 24hrs a day. During the grind I was maxing at 16 and have decided to stay around 12hrs for three reasons
      #1 I don't think 12 hours seems unreasonable for a WoW addict
      #2 Downtime is essential in preventing pissed off farmers who I assume will throw the report button first chance they get
      #3 Babysitting the bots for more than 12hours throughout the day is just too much for me.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
    9. Crazyness85

Crazyness85 New Member

Just wanted to add, I used to sell gold around a year ago and never had a problem.. but I also think that the security or just Blizz's watchful eye wasnt so "watchful". But anyways I got to paranoid and ended up selling my accounts (5 accounts total) before I let my self get banned... came out on top if a bit of pocket money.. or beer money in my situation.

But i def. look forward to reading more about your gold selling ventures, keep up the periodical updates for us :)

10. Pbnew101

Pbnew101 New Member

Update:

2 Leveling accounts have received 72hr suspensions.

- One was my mage who I assume bugged out and got reported in Winterspring using a questing profile
      - The other was my hunter who hadn't received any whispers or anything and I had logged out on my own and received my 72hr suspsension on that account about an hour later when I couldn't log in

Farmer Account & Seller Account have gone untouched.
      -Farmer has been going between Vash & Uldum depending on my servers market demand on herbs/ore that day.

Total gold farmed over 3days = 30,000
      Total gold sold for $45 (they take 15%) on secret site? = positive
      :cool:

11. dd4k

dd4k New Member

Your "secret site" is not that secret. For the first 3 orders, they will take "9.99% + $1.99 (all PayPal fees waived)" fee (You will see it's around 15% if you sell at 10-15K per order). After that, it will be "14.99%+$1.99". After their fee and Paypal's cut of the profit, it will be very close to around $1 per K (if your client buy 10-15K per order). At that rate, I prefer the Chinese with instant payment, no hidden cost, and endless demand.

12. Pbnew101

Pbnew101 New Member

No, you set your minimum buy price for 20k so that at minimum you get ~$23.50 which would be 1.17/k, originally set at 1.50.
      If you get higher quantity buyers like I was able to get last night (could have sold more it's just all I had) you end up getting closer to the 1.275/k -1.99 per buy. Either way it ends up being more than selling to the chinese and you could sell for 5-10cents higher I just wanted to attract customers quicker selling at the best price

I understand the flaws but if you take in the advantages and do set your minimum buy price a little higher then it ends up working and definitely for the better. D

13. dd4k

dd4k New Member

You are still living in a dream world, dude. You "secret website" that you're so proud of and keep it secret so strictly from others is nothing new to me, I've used it for nearly 2 years long and got more than 600+ positive feedbacks, 97% successful transactions, and already tried all kind of pricing strategy to increase profit margin, not only one single first transaction like you. Its demand is nothing compare to the Chinese network, and simply cannot consume all the gold I collect, even while I set a low price to simulate demand.

Btw, I talked too much. Just want to correct the statement " 30K = $45 " of you. It's simply too unrealistic.

14. Pbnew101

Pbnew101 New Member

Do I need to send an invoice or idk what is it that is going to get you to believe that my shit sold in less than a day of putting it up. No competitive prices, BEST prices. When you have the best it's like being first in line and how you can try to argue that on a high volume/player server you aren't going to get 1 toons weeks worth of gold sold in a week or less is beyond me.

15. Synik

Synik Active Member

I wonder when people will realise that making money from selling gold is simply not worth it for new setups. These new setups simply can get an edge in the current markets.

16. beefcake

beefcake New Member

my only thoughts would be not using your main account as the "bank" account, either leveling an 80 on each server from your main account with alchy, jc or something so that you can reach other markets or understanding that you will be just offloading herbs/ore at whatever price, and learning the AH on each server so that you are not purely just playing the herb/ore game because that doesnt produce as much as doing both playing the AH and doing the herb/ore game.

use your herb/ore cash to broaden into the epic market on your server, use things like the mobile AH bot to constantly scan for cheap epics and things to help suppliment your botting gold for more total monthly revenue. Also understand that there are plenty of servers out there that most large sites are full on and will not buy any gold. If you can get your operation large enough I am sure you could convince a few large resellers to become their sole provider but you would need probably around 120+ bots running and that would require you to invest in more computers and such. I did a write up of a business idea like this and based it on a large large operation and the monlty profits at .5/dollar per 1k gold was around the 250k dollar mark but you have to work with resellers at that point to become their sole provider, you produce too much gold as a whole and wont be able to sell it if you dont work out a deal with them. Also I based all my figures off 10k/day only and nothing more. My server currently I make 40k per day per toon but that is because the market is so messed up.

EDIT: by messed up I mean herbs selling for 25g/stack and volatile life selling for 20g/each if that makes any sense?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011