• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [OFFICIAL][Patch 5.0.4] Honorbuddy will be offline for a week (or more)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Hawker, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. GranPapi

GranPapi Member

I think Bossland/HB should release a version with no guarantees for those guys who can't wait, where they can start boting right away when the realms go live, then get caught/banned for a new Warden and then UNDERSTAND why we have to wait.

2. xwozone

xwozone Active Member

Very true, but no one will care. They want bot now, dont want to wait. its as if life has ended.

3. ShortRound

ShortRound New Member

Of course we want the bot now. We're botters. People saying blah, blah PQR this, blah blah PQR that don't realise we don't want a bot that just does a rotation for us. We want a bot that plays the *whole game*. Bet these people PQRing only have one account. *I* can play on one account (if badly), only HB can play on *TEN*.

4. Bioern

Bioern Member

Its not even about safety. Even if they give out a version that attaches it wont be able to move ot fight to accept quests and all that stuff

5. plaray51

plaray51 New Member

Pqr is not just a simple tool and there is a place and time for it just like there's a place and time for botting 10 accounts. If you wanna raid and get achieves and not have to worry am I optimizing my rotation doing it by hand or am I putting out the most I possibly can every second of every raid then pqr is for that. Or in some cases arenas and rbgs

6. webhond

webhond TEMPORARILY MUTED

theres more then just one, but you got hb stuffed so far up your ass you prolly dont even know that.

we payed for this bot, downtime is ok, but telling him to create one himself is retarded.

7. Kavanagh

Kavanagh New Member

Blizzard/WoW dev's I could safely assume code in teams, using the same principles - the 'structure' of the code wouldnt change as it would cost them so much in time. I'm a programmer myself (granted currently only in SQL & VB - previously DB programming in visual FP so I do understand the importance of keeping things the same or very similar when writing code) So this would flaw your 'book reading/re-reading' analogy. For Blizzard to change the structure of the code would mean exactly what you said, to re-write it. They wouldn't do this unless they needed to change the code structure due to security or something else.

Like I said before, I'm not having a go...just a bit dissapointing thats all & I'm sure thats just how the others feel. Just a bit of continuity and customer acknowledgement/care, after all - It's a product we pay for so I dont think asking for a bit of nouse or solid judgement prior to these issues would be a bad thing. :)

8. Zelfin

Zelfin New Member

I, for one, very much appreciate the work the HB devs put into this bot. I verymuch appreciate the work the CC programmers do and all the profiles that fellow users upload.

I VERY much appreciate the fact that Kicks is willing to make us wait a week to get it right rather than just give the first thing that runs our toons into a wall.

Just a quick thanks to Kicks and any others that are involved.

9. Ahlander

Ahlander New Member

Dont be a smartass. He can say thanks all he wants. Doesnt mean he's sucking up. Sure a couple of the Dev's here get paid but most of them do not. He's also thanking them.

10. akassaw

akassaw Member

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I usually don't like to interject myself into discussions like this, but just as before in the CATA update(s) there are things that need to be done right, to protect you and your accounts.

Would you rather they spent hours updating a slider bar that shows progress or spend that time writing, testing, and confirming lines of code to be back up and running? The issue is patience, and as with anything good in life its worth the wait. So please, I implore you to stay patient and let them develop a system that will be the best for you, them, and the community.

Besides, its not worth pushing something out the door if its not 100%, you could loose your entire customer base. So from a business standpoint they have it right as well.

Please be patient - go learn how your new class works, attempt to kill a holy paladin (haha! good luck), finish that quest line you were always too annoyed to do, or spend some time getting to know the people in your guild - I'm sure they'll appreciate you becoming part of their "team" again.

Thanks guys, and be safe.

11. Kavanagh

Kavanagh New Member

I agree with you 100% on the 'making sure it's right first time', couldn't agree more. However, no one asked for a fancy slide bar or un-needed work to be done, just standard practise updates for consumers. Please don't throw us the line that some are not getting paid; that's nothing to do with the paying community, that's a problem for how the 'business' is being run - you might as well inform people who aren't aware, that being a volunteer also doesn't pay well in all walks of life ;). Also, don't forget, the majority of consumers for HB/GB product etc also put the hours in to help the developers by testing, modifying code, sharing CC's, creating UI's and all the other fancy stuff that goes with it - we also don't get paid. I'm not saying that we are unpaid lacky's for the product, but show a bit of respect to a a community that work's very closely together in order to make the product work.

P.s - I'd wait longer if it means the work's done right, I'm just not really a fan of being in the dark :)

12. shawn1122

shawn1122 New Member

LOL, that I paid for it. I paid what < 100 bucks to run three instances of the best, most active community bot available. Please, I paid that much to fill up my wife's van with gas. If it wasn't for this bot I would have had to quit WoW a lot time ago because I have a family. I'm not a programmer, IDK how to write these things myself.

Their skills, time and talent are worth the money. Their customer service is what we are thanking them for, A LOT of companies don't care after they have your money. I paid these guys like a year ago and they (with the community) still provide me great service and aren't making another dime. You know what, I'm going to stop typing and go donate to the profile writers through paypal.

Peace

turbo likes this.
    13. neal121

neal121 New Member

Ive been around since HB was released, actually before when GB was the way to go, and trust me its better to wait. If you push a release that isn't working properly for a WoW patch - it increases your detection rate. It will more than likely act up and give you away. Plus, expansion means they changed the game engine a little bit and for all we know they added new bot detection things in the super top secret Blizz underground labs.

Patience is a winner, cry somewhere else. You paid for it, but you also paid for your WoW accounts. Would you rather wait a week or see all your botting efforts out the window from bans?

14. Rusty_Trombone

Rusty_Trombone Member

Now I start being a little impatient :p I saw how much they buffed guild rep and removed caps and I am in a hurry to have 3 toons leveling my 2nd guild. Even at low low levels you get extreme guild rep and you see the guild levels ding much faster. 3 accounts just leveling means really fast level to 25.

15. elisanco

elisanco New Member

Can i have a link to that ? so ican download it, For free ofc :)

16. Vansanity

Vansanity New Member

i love the argument from both sides but i would have to say botting is always a risk so if people don't mind running into a wall with a bot that is 100% let them. Also updates would be a great thing and letting your user base know a week, a day, 12hrs, 6hrs maybe before hand that its going to be down for a week is always common practice. I mean beta and ptrs have been out for 10months now they knew the entire talent system was changing and that there was going to be needed updates did they not?

17. buzzerbeater

buzzerbeater Well-Known Member

Distribution of other bots via links or files isnt allowed here, how about google?

18. plaray51

plaray51 New Member

Exactly. In fact the exact build was out 5 days precious to the Tuesday patch

19. Ahlander

Ahlander New Member

Im the exact same as you except I only have 2 accounts haha.

20. standza

standza Member

To be honest we have now time to make some kind of sindicate to control price of gold.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.