• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [OFFICIAL] Update on Banwave of June 16 2011

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Hawker, Jun 17, 2011.

1. ProRogue

ProRogue New Member

Response

• Checking for background processes is stoneage technology compared to todays detection, as botprograms are successfully hiding their process. And if Ryftomate is not, then it's simply bad programming, being visible in processlist is foolish.
      • IP-banning and MAC-adressing is not realistic because of Gamingcafé's, studentnetworks and so forth, so no, that is not possible. If they did, a single computer at a café could theoreticaly be responsible for hundreds of legit accounts being banned.
      • The reason everyone got banned is the way this bot interacts with the gameclient, injection is megarisky and rediciolusly easy to detect. If the software, Ryftomate in this case, does not have a decent tripwire technology put into place, then it's a banwave waiting to happen.
      • After 8 years of botting I've never seen a full-injection bot ever surviving long due to the obvious technology being used. Banwave here was inevitable, i was just hoping it would take longer for them to utilize their detection.

ProRogue

2. seafunk

seafunk New Member

jfyi, neither honorbuddy nor ryftomate were hiding their process and ive got a hunch thats how the accounts were banned. you could try running a random prog named ryftomate and see what happens :D

on the other hand, i strongly doubt its legal to go through our process list.

3. MaiN

MaiN Moderator Staff Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

What I feel is bad programming is including a rootkit in non malicious programs to hide from the process list - especially when there are hundreds of ways to circumvent and detect it anyway. A process scan is not the only way.

Not really true, there are just as many ways to detect injected bots than there are to detect out of process bots. That said, going with an injected bot was a bold move that allowed us to get VERY much functionality out to our users very quickly - if Ryftomate had been 100% out of process, or even like Honorbuddy is (95% OOP, 5% injected) the bot would not at all be as mature as it is today. In any case if Trion really wanted to nail us, I doubt going out of process would have made a difference.

4. TripleLolRofl

TripleLolRofl New Member

At least, the english support seems to speak relax when you talk to them. On french one, they just told me to shut up (well, not like that but just to make me understand lul) and my account will never re open when I didn't even ask about that but just why I got banned. And I talk relax, no telling shiit or I don't know what. And after that, they expect I gonna give more money ? Never lol :D

5. danielcook604

danielcook604 New Member

Okay wondering if anyone has had the same issue?

Hello **************

I am here to inform you that your account is being actioned for using an illegal third party program to gain an unfair advantage in the game world. Please be aware that this is indeed a violation of our Code of Conduct and our Privacy Policy.

Your account has been terminated due to the serious nature of this violation. If you wish to dispute this action, you may do so by emailing appeals@trionworlds.com. Please be sure to include this ticket's reference number, 1*************.

Thank you for playing RIFT.

Sincerely,

GM Nord
      Game Master
      Trion Worlds Inc.

---------------------------------

Next email i got, honestly i never USED ANY BOT after my first ban which im trying to figure out WHY they did a perm ban the second time. I'm REALLY damn angry about this...

Greetings *********,

Your account was found using a 3rd party application to automate gameplay starting on 06.09.11. For this reason the account was temporarily suspended for 24 hours. The action on the account will remain, and once the timer is up you will have the ability to log in and play normally. Any questions about billing will need to be referred to our account/billing team.

Regards,

GM Primarch

------------------

6. niron77

niron77 New Member

not sad.. not angry...

lost 1 of 2 accounts and the account i lost was not my bot account ? the banned account i only updateted mesh, and did some profiles.. my bot account had an uptime of 2-10hours / day ... depending what i did

i have been botting since the start of Glider so i no that i can lose 1,2,3 or all accounts.
      get new ones change ip, or use some one else wlan :cool: hehe..

ofen somthing better come out of a banwave like this.. find the "anticheater" and hit it in the nuts!!!

Love this bot, the best so far..

7. flairdevil

flairdevil Community Developer

The ban reports have not stopped. I literally JUST now lost my 3rd account..... This account had botted only 3 days, for a couple hours at a time. Was not even a level 50 account yet. Was only a mid 30's.

8. Hawker

Hawker Guest

Was the second ban permanent or 24 hours ?

9. danielcook604

danielcook604 New Member

i was first banned for 24 hours then yesterday i was told i was banned perm,.,, then i emailed them freaking out on them told them i was doing charge backs. then they email me the following:

Greetings *********,

Your account was found using a 3rd party application to automate gameplay starting on 06.09.11. For this reason the account was temporarily suspended for 24 hours. The action on the account will remain, and once the timer is up you will have the ability to log in and play normally. Any questions about billing will need to be referred to our account/billing team.

Regards,

GM Primarch

trying to figure out if it was indeed perm or 24 hours? i sent another email for follow up because i didnt use any bot after my first ban

10. Javilionaire

Javilionaire New Member

So is this the end for ryftomate? does a anti-ban fix seem likely?

Hello *****

I am here to inform you that your account is being terminated for the repeated use of an illegal third party program, which can be used to gain an unfair advantage in the game world. Please be aware that this is indeed a violation of our Code of Conduct and our Privacy Policy.

If you wish to dispute this action, you may do so by emailing appeals@trionworlds.com. Please be sure to include this tickets reference number,

Thank you for playing RIFT.

Sincerely,

GM Morgana
      Sr. Game Master
      Trion Worlds Inc.

11. Hawker

Hawker Guest

Be patient. We are not going to offer the bot to the public until we have a view on what has happened and how to prevent it recurring. It would do no favours to anyone if we rush our release.

12. Javilionaire

Javilionaire New Member

Alright, i was just asking. I am patient, just wanted an answer :)

13. Glendrum

Glendrum New Member

Ok, so I am a bit concerned about what is going on in this forum. last night i posted that one account i had was perma banned but another one hadnt been touched. Now all of a sudden they give me a 24-hr ban on the second account. Really? Is it possible that there has been something worked out to provide such information to TrionWorlds? would my second ban have come over 24hours after the first i hadnt a put a comment on the forum?

14. danielcook604

danielcook604 New Member

Greetings ***************,

Thank you for your appeal inquiry.

After reviewing pertinent logs, we have determined that the action taken against your account for use of third party programs was correct. We will not be reversing relevant suspensions and/or notes applied to your account. The account was permanently closed due to the egregious nature of the violation that was committed. The issue is no longer available for review, and as such further correspondence regarding your appeal may not be met with a response. I'll forward your ticket to our billing team for a refund consideration, but please be aware this is not a guarantee a refund will be processed.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT. Your reference number for this question is **********.

Sincerely,

GM Wizard
      Senior Game Master
      Trion Worlds Inc.

15. Hawker

Hawker Guest

Read your first post. There was nothing you said that could link to your account.

16. Hawker

Hawker Guest

So an account that was not botting was banned for botting. I have someone else in your position whom I 100% believe because her machine didn't have the right version of .Net.

Seems that software detection is not the the full story here.

17. danielcook604

danielcook604 New Member

Hawker, correct After i was banned for 24 hours I DIDNT use anything at all because i was concerned to lose my account however they STILL banned it complete out right without any discussion NO PROOF they said it was botting on that day however i was on a business trip from buffalo to vancouver complete LIES

18. Machoman

Machoman Guest

this is why Macrogoblin was the greatest bot ever made. it did not inject anything into the game, jack called this months ago. glad i didnt buy ;)! ill wait for my trusty macrogoblin to get back!

anyone else notice its on the SAME day glider/lavish users were banned by blizzard in 08? i find it odd the same program link to the first massive banwave in WoW gets banned on the same day 3 years later in rift.

19. niron77

niron77 New Member

second account gone to! 2/3 now

Greetings xxxxxx

Thank you contacting us regarding the status of your RIFT account.

We sincerely regret to inform you that due to the use of third-party programs that automate gameplay, your account has been permanently closed. We have conducted an extensive audit in arriving at this conclusion, and we do not take these types of actions lightly. We will not be providing logs of this method to protect the integrity of our detection process.

We do wish you the best in your gaming endeavors in the future.

If there is a point where you decide to play a Trion game on a new account in the future, please don't run bot software.

Regards,

GM xxxxxxx
      Senior Game Master
      Trion Worlds Inc.

20. Hawker

Hawker Guest

Have you noticed that Glider never injected anything into the game and as you rightly say they had a banwave on May 20 2008? Its important not to get hung up on injection or keystrokes. Both can be detected. Its finding the detection algorithms that is the important challenge.