• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [OFFICIAL] Update on Banwave of June 16 2011

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Hawker, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Javilionaire

Javilionaire New Member

I already purchased the proxy service from "hidemyass". Its really easy to use and takes literally 10 seconds to connect to the proxy so i think i'll give it a go when i leave my bot on overnight. I'll definitely use the mac address changing program as well. Also, i shall be running rift as a "limited user". Hopefully that'll make me immune to the wrath of trion! :)

2. mw6956

mw6956 Guest

won't make you immune, gives you an "i was on holiday and my account was hacked" excuse :p

3. Uldamor

Uldamor New Member

Hmm came home today and found that i was banned like the most of you BUT i havent gotten any email from trion.
      Anyone else have the same problem? And how will i then know what type of ban they have tossed at me?

4. Anonuzer

Anonuzer New Member

Been banned on two accounts since the 16th. I sent an email regarding one account and got the perma ban response every one else has posted. Didn't bother with other account and still haven't gotten a notification email.

5. papatoast

papatoast Guest

The "I was on holiday and my account was hacked" excuse doesn't work, btw. They still somehow knew that I was connecting from my normal IP range instead of via proxy (the same set of proxies I use for wow that DO hide my IP) - DESPITE being prompted for coin lock each time i changed proxy server.

They somehow keep track of IP outside of the normal methods, so don't think a proxy will save your ass. Below is a transcript of the emails convo I had that indicates proxies don't do jack to hide your IP.

Not once did I ever connect with an IP based out of my country via proxy. So be forewarned.

6. papatoast

papatoast Guest

No email = permaban.

You got caught in the big sweep.

7. Javilionaire

Javilionaire New Member

If you connect with a proxy in china, it may be more believable maybe?

8. papatoast

papatoast Guest

It shouldn't matter where the proxy is located, hackers can be from any country - provided that the connecting IP is not your country of origin it should be fairly obvious someone other than you has connected to the account.

Also, read the part where they know, despite the proxy, that it was all coming from my real IP.

9. DaSoul

DaSoul Well-Known Member

So after fighting with Trion and something like 3985739485734985 written tickets, i finally got a mail that they now blacklisted my email address XD

But i don't care, already started a new account directly when the banhammer hit me, will reach lvl 50 today *wohooo*

10. proctor

proctor New Member

Changing IP but ...

the Ryft-Client collects allways the same Mac-Adress, perhps the same serials of your Harddrives etc. Who knows ...

So changing only IPs is worthless. In Combination with VMware it might be fine.

@Tony: Don´t we need much more than an "undetectable" Ryftomate? One Select from Trion on their Database selecting some Hardware Id´s from "old Friends", looking some statistics about their gaming behaviour and we are all caught again, even when we have a save Ryftomate?

11. zameek

zameek Member

his bot up

12. boren3459

boren3459 New Member

wow, level 50 in 5 days? that is crazy

13. petra müller

petra müller New Member

Its easy to get you via Java.

If you try anyting via a VPN or Proxy allways make sure java cant connect to the Internet..or uses the same proxy

14. Tony

Tony Guest

You can easily change your MAC adress using an app

Google it and you will find many apps

15. papatoast

papatoast Guest

A good app for MAC changing is TMAC - I use v5, R3. Easy to find on google.