• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Oracle - Open Beta [CC]

Discussion in 'All in One' started by wulf, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Soeski

Soeski Member

So...it will probably take a while before HB and all CR's are adjusted to WoD. But when they are, normal players need to learn how to heal again and us botters will be OP the first months! :D

2. wulf

wulf Community Developer

Not Oracle II. It will be ready to go :)

A sneak peak... Oracle II Dynamic Heal Engine (tm)

3. Soeski

Soeski Member

What are we looking at here? A graphical interface that dynamically gives info about the healing?
      Too bad WoD release is still 6 months away.

4. Stormchasing

Stormchasing Community Developer

stop casting
      - nice feature, but the current implementation lets u look like a bot :) also it is not needed to stop the casting cause many healers put a buff on the healtarget (shield/hot) when finishing the heal, which means u will loose nothing except a second of casttime when u disable it
      - the percentage is used at different places without checking for the setting of stop casting (true/false) so it is necessary to raise this to 99/100 (especially for holy paladins, if this is set to lower than 99, the CR does not take advantage from building the illuminated healing buff)

heals per mana
      - this feature is nice for WoD but with MoP u get so much gear in such a short time that u'll waste performance for efficiency (not needed atm, i prefer (and this is only my personal opinion/feeling) to have it disabled, it seems to be much smoother, we are still best in overhealing (or worst? dunno ... we have the less overhealing than others^^), the calculations for the dynamic spells and their manacosts are super for WoD, but for MoP u will prefer the other way (restoring health instead of saving mana) especially when u r raiding the current heroic raid content) - for scenarios u will prefer heals per mana

predicted health
      - omg DISABLE THIS!!!! really ... u will have very bad results with this enabled, especially in a 25m raid (in 10m with only two healers it could be turn out good, but i also prefer to disable this! in most cases u want a constant healing, and not stopping the healing when another healer is topping off your target!)
      - predicted health is a nice to have and for a perfect scenario where noone will overheal and every healer is reacting the correct way (which most of the healers aren't doing because they are humans) this turns out to a ultra nice feature, but in reallity it acts very bad! u won't be able to compare with other raid healers

these settings / recommendations are only raid settings, in 5m / 5m heroic / scenarios where u r the only healer, the are okay to be turned on

Soeski likes this.
    5. Soeski

Soeski Member

Well, that's worth a posting on the first page then. Don't use the features! :D
      Seriously; I never gave it so much thought, especially the Holy Paladin. I figured if "Stop Casting" is disabled, the percentage to stop casting does nothing so it's set at 91. Furthermore, when I do not stop casting, I finish my cast anyway, even when a raid member is @ 99% health? Despite having "predicted health" enabled. I figured this meant that Oracle desides to cast or not cast a spell AT ALL. When Oracle starts to cast, it will finish it too.
      Would be nice to know all of this up front when Oracle was released though ;)

Still; I tend to end up 1st of 2nd healer in LFR and Flex anyway with "Predicted Health" and "Heals per Mana" enabled (ilvl 520-530). If I understand you correctly, this means the other healers are even worse than I am? :)
      I'm very curious now as to what performance I can get with my toons, changing the settings as you suggest. I have never diasbled Predicted Health and Heals per Mana before and Oracle does a damn fine job, also in 25m.
      Thanks for your explanation. I do suggest that you or Wulf give a nice breakdown of all features on the FP when Oracle II is released :)

6. wastaken

wastaken New Member

Soo been using this on all my healers overall love it tilll i land on my monk healing soo normal yad yad yad works fine as long as im not by a boss ive noticed it likes to target boss for me and start punching his face in ... which is still fine id like for it to not target but hey ill make do... the issue comes in that i cant control the jabs and all that off interface atleast i was hoping you could throw something into the interface for fistweaving settings ?

edit: what would be nice to see is just a way to turn off targeting what i normally do is just click boss when i want to start fistweaving while healing normal way :D

7. Ebano

Ebano New Member

You can easy do that if you set: Mistweavefist at 101 :)

8. Stormchasing

will see what could be done, since wulf is already in the progress of rewriting, i won't add that much stuff, but for the targetting i will look into it

9. Soeski

Soeski Member

Targetting only happens for me when I get hit by a mob or boss (directly or indirectly). I think this is normal behaviour? I need to target the boss anyway otherwise Xuen is not being cast.
      Stormchasing; I adjusted the settings according to what you suggested (no Predicted Heal, no Heals per Mana, no Stopcasting, Stopcasting @ 99% and Exclude players above 99%) so basically it goes crazy healing everyone. Despite being full crit geared as MW Monk (Mana Teas FTW :)) I do go OOM now. I also end up top healer, being same or slightly better geared than others. Only Resto Druids try to kick my ass but even they failed. I do have lower fps now because my Monk does not stand still for even a second; Oracle goes wild lol.
      Thanks!

10. Stormchasing

u r right with the targetting, i looked at the code and there is not one line of doin a targetting by oracle atm.
      that u go oom is normal :) sorry to say that :D (i already stated this in a previous post! my settings will burn your mana if you have different gear than me, these settings are almost perfect if u are already wearing the spirit trinket or u have 20k and more spirit)
      u disabled stop casting and predict healing (both settings are mana safers)
      u can try to play a bit with the settings
      - Exclude Players above -> set this to a value less than 99 and more than 90 -> 95% could be okay
      - Predict healing -> enable this again (should save u a lot of mana, but will drop your ranking from nr1 to ... something less)
      - Mana per heals -> try to play with this settings and watch the result when u have it enabled / disabled
      - stop casting -> leave it disabled!

tbh i have no clue about monks, so i don't know a shit about their mana reggen abilities and their gearing
      My holy paladin is havin a fixed 12500 spirit cap and has the mana (at least ONE doesn't matter which one) trinket equipped for constant mana reggen (i prefer the ones with proccrates instead of giving u a fixed value of spirit all the time)

maybe u should/could tweak some mo settings in your healing spell usage, as hpally for example i disabled Flash of Light (very expensive in mana usage) most of the time, i think i have it only enabled for Malkorok bursting.

Well long story short ... i stated already that my settings will burn mana ^^ now it is up to u to find the best ones for your toon (oracle can't handle different gearing levels^^ this would be awesome :p)

11. Soeski

Soeski Member

Thanks Storm. The fact that I go OOM is "no" problem at all, even OOM I can sustain 80K-90K hps (ilvl 522). So I'm not going to enable the mana-saving features again, I just need to get better gear. I only have a spirit trinket with CD, but better than nothing at all heh! Monks don't need much Spirit; about 7-8K is enough. Because I specced Crit, I create a lot of mana teas and replenish my mana fast. Only thing is slightly more downtime because of frequently drinking mana teas.
      I will try (one of) my other healers tonight. Never used Oracle for my druid (Leaves) so I can not compare that one; I will try the Paladin, Priest or Shaman.

12. wulf

wulf Community Developer

I've been re-writing OracleII for the last week and Monk is my last to do tomorrow. One thing I have noticed with a *All* specs and that is it dose not compare to OracleI ! Druid is one of the worst specs in OracleI but now since the re-write it is on a par with "Leaves", so don't expect to much with the current version.

Shaman, HolyPriest, Paladin, Disc Priest have all gotten major work done as well. Ive fixed so much over the last week that i have stopped with the change log!

by default out of the box OracleII has predicted healing and stop-casting disabled, because the new Dynamic heal engine is so good its very mana efficient but heals insanely well.

Stay tuned.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
      amputations likes this.
    13. Soeski

Soeski Member

Sounds good to me, but you plan to release Oracle II when WoD hits right? So in 6 months from now :)
      Too bad it's so hard to compare Oracle vs. other CR's because each group is different. I have Flex fights where 60K hps is enough, and Flex fights where we wipe while I do 120k hps. If you have a fixed group composition and are doing Heroics, then you can compare. I have very different results every time, but that's not because of the CR but because of the group composition. Anyway, if you release Oracle II before WoD I'm very interested; so far Oracle beats the others healers almost every time while mostly using the defaults... (shrug).

14. wulf

wulf Community Developer

Oracle II will be released before WoD hits. Possibly in the next few weeks.

15. bennyquest

bennyquest Community Developer

once again the forget the (TM) next to possibly...silly wulf

16. wulf

wulf Community Developer

A little bit of a face lift after re-writing the core.

generals.png

bossmodule.png

calcs.png

dhe_01.png

classsettings.png

dhe3.png

dispel2.png

Encounters.png

heseltr.png

general2.png

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    17. Ruinit

Ruinit Member

Beta tester please I have all healing classes :)

18. Stormchasing

the testing is fully automated, sorry to say that :)

19. rosek

rosek New Member

cant wait for it :D the gui looks sooo damn nice

20. fish221171

fish221171 Member

Wulf,

The interface and options looks very nice, one thing also to keep an eye on is how the new stance with Monks will play out. Early days yet but I am very interested in the fistweaving side of things come WoD. When PQR got hit I quit raiding on the Monk and I really miss healing/fisting on it, I was using the Vachiusa Monk profile which was always getting me ranked in ToT healing lol.

I am getting the buzz again for the Monk and think I will try out Oracle for it

Cheers

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014