• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [PimpMyGuild] - The ultimate guild recruiter! Updated for 5.0.4!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Sidalol, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. namook

namook Member

In-game spam

Sending an overly repeated message or large useless quantity of text in a Chat channel. Also known as Spamming. Players often "spam" the Trade channel with multiple copies of the same message in order to get their message seen. This can be reported to Blizzard by using the "Report Spam" button when right-clicking a player's name in the chat box.

That was basically my whole point and that the author really needs to wake up and add that instead of focusing on adding death knights etc, there are more important things at hand like not getting the addon banned to start with. Even if you do not get time to do it, I will get the author to do something I will be a dedicated prick until he/she does correct it to be a lot safer for all of us.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    2. namook

namook Member

I just received a reply with this at curse, trying to understand how it would be spam?? makes no sense atm. :s

I am quite sure that this feature would be rather easy to implement but I'm unsure of the consequences you hope for.
      You are right that spamming would be harder to detect for some automatic system but still you would spam the same message to 16.6% of the people (assuming you use 6 messages) and the same contents of your message to 100% of the people although the words change slightly.
      I am pretty sure that the GMs would not follow your reasoning.
      As said in Babylon 5: "You're trying to use the letter of the law to defeat the spirit of the law."
      I doubt the GMs would look at you kindly when you try to use that reasoning for justifying spamming, though the function in itself might be quite nice

Ok I see his point finally even if you do change your messages still 16 percent roughly will receive the same message, but still reduces the risks with spam. I will interrogate blizzard now and see what they think about what is considered spam:)

3. qztr

qztr Active Member

[​IMG]

Created the guild when it was exploitable, with the fishing tournament in Orgrimmar.
      Took the picture, fixed it in paint, went to facebook for a few minutes. And now I got 710 members whom 58 is online atm.
      Cashflow inc!

4. qztr

qztr Active Member

Oops, double post :c

5. onkelfrisko

onkelfrisko New Member

Dont work on me........... German Client

6. thatgliderguy

thatgliderguy New Member

hello this doesn't work for me too :( downloaded and replace my current with these but it doesn't invite anyone to the guild.

Using lazyraider bot and playong but no invites at all :(

Any ideas what i need to do ?

7. Ruinit

Ruinit Member

Yea not working for me either, not sure what happened plugin enabled but won't enable SGI. Fresh install of your latest 2 files.

Seems you have to now click on superscan and it will start working :( Why would we wan't to use 6.1 anyway.. now it black lists after one try never to invite again and no way to make it blacklist for a couple of days :(

8. irackers

irackers New Member

does it need to be this version of SuperGuildInvite. i have the most recient one will it work with that?

9. Simon1997

Simon1997 New Member

Hey guys. i know this sounds kinda retarded, but were do i download this addon can?t find it

10. irackers

irackers New Member

on the original post theres a link to a zip file

im not sure it works if you have the newest verson (which you get from curse). i asked on the post above ;)

11. AknA

AknA Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Ok, on Page 36 I've release 2 files, you need both for the plugin to work. You need the altered SGI or it won't work.

12. thatgliderguy

thatgliderguy New Member

tryed the with both the ZIP files but it just doesn't invite anyone :(???

13. thatgliderguy

thatgliderguy New Member

unless is there a problem with lazyraider with this ?? anyone else having the same problem of the bot not inviting when using them 2 zips??

14. AknA

Thegliderguy you have to start Superscan yourself, click on SGI icon, set the addon up like you want, click on superscan button, if it still doesn't invite anyone let me know.

15. projektt

projektt Active Member

I have the same problem only with lazy raider tho. It works with every bot base but lazy raider

16. thatgliderguy

thatgliderguy New Member

yea it doesn't invite anyone mate, must be a problem when using lazy raider ?

17. namook

namook Member

Todo List (6.2)

If you've got a good idea of something to add, please post and it might end up here!

Joined date in officers note
      Block outgoing whisper and system message
      Possibility to hide minimap button
      Possibility to have serveral different whispers, randomly used to prevent repetitive actions. <------ seems I made progress:) should be out in version 6.2

18. AknA

Thing is, the plugin isn't my idea, I just altered it to the way I liked it, also posted the code on what changes I made, but ppl asked me to release the file so I did.
      The addon isn't coded by me either (tho I am a addon developer, this one isn't mine). I just added the a few functions to it so the plugin could call those functions to take advantage of the whole addon.

I will download Lazy Rider and check if it's some strange things there that might make my changes hickup.

19. namook

namook Member

Which is why I am bothering the addon author about it, the changes you have made have been great it has resolved a lot of my problems:), I would not expect any one like your self to implement such things especially as you did say if you were bored or words to that effect.

20. AknA

I've never coded a addon for guild stuff earlier, but I read up on the API for it and have some good news :)
      *Joined date in officer note - Can be done, will take some coding but actually not THAT much :)
      *Block outgoing whisper and system message - This one I'm not sure about, I guess it would be possible, but nah, I don't think I would add such a thing.
      *Possibility to hide minimap button - An extremly easy thing to do.
      *Possibility to have several different whispers - Like I posted in a earlier message, not extremly hard to fix :)

5am in the morning, haven't slept yet, dunno why I figure this stuff out in the middle of the night, I haven't done any coding but yes, it can be done and it won't be too hard either.
      However, I can't send a PM to Sidalol as his inbox is full and I don't want take over his plugin.
      Best thing that could happend is if Sidalol made this plugin SVN downloadable (allso able to SVN the addon part) and then allowed me a login so I could update it as well.
      But it's upp up to Sidalol if he want to do such a thing, I have no intention of neither trying to steal his work nor trying to make a spinoff from it, if he agrees to set up a SVN and allow me to update as well, then we are 2 coders on it to make improvements :)

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.