• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [Plugin - Monitoring] BuddyCenter ( Raphus & Possien )

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Possien, Dec 23, 2010.

1. InLikeFlint

InLikeFlint New Member

Hey, looks like a really awesome plugin! I was wondering how you got the status on your iphone? I have one and it'd be great to use, is it a program or what? Also through the iphone can you have it change bot types (pvp -> IB etc)? Let me know, thanks! Will post reply with review!

Btw, love your account picture!

Edit: It is working right now while I am using BG bot, had to turn off the BG notifications because there were so many, lol. The update is very nice, but I was wondering how do you make it switch bots and stop and start? Also it would be very nice to be able to reply to whispers or notifications by sending something back through the phone, not sure if that would work with Prowl but if you make your own app for it, it would most definitely be a nice feature, thanks again and great work!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
    2. nuclear898

nuclear898 New Member

I just started using this plugin and I was wondering if there are settings for the website that shows stats and screenshots.

The problem I have is that after about 2 or 3 minutes the stats webpage stops updating for some reason unknown to me.

The Status push messages to my iphone work very nice but it doesn't show the amount of honor my char has unlike the stats website. I mainly use HB for battlegrounds so that's kind of meh. I didn't mind at first since I could just check it at the webpage but for some reason it stops upd

Other than those two points this plugin is really amazing!

I'll post an image tut for prowl on iphone later today when I have a bit of free time, since so many people seem clueless how to use it when it's really simple!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
    3. soussi

soussi Member

If u use notifo on the iphone (free app) then u can choose the option to control the bots. stop, start, afk ,logoff, view chatwindow, re-whisper,.... really amazing stuff :)
      First need to register an account on the website. really really great. Hope this answers ur question.

4. nuclear898

nuclear898 New Member

Tutorial for Prowl on iPhone

First, you need the application Prowl on your iPhone. You can get it via the Appstore for a very reasonable price or Installous if you have a jailbroken iPhone and you don't give a shit about other people's efforts.
      You will need to make a free account for Prowl on this website:
      https://www.prowlapp.com/register.php

After you have created your account, log in and go to API Keys.
      Click Generate API Key

Now you must copy paste this API key and paste it in your BuddyCenter settings in Honorbuddy like this.

Once that is complete, set up the rest of the settings like I have or change them a bit if you want to be notified on other things too, I find it all a bit useless except disconnects and whispers.

Now the only thing left to do is to log in to Prowl on your iPhone and change the sound settings there a bit. I chose to put everything to None except Emergency which I set to Bidi (long).

Now you should be getting a status update every 30 minutes on your iPhone (unless you changed the interval in BuddyCenter settings) and you should be notified on whispers or disconnect.

If I missed anything or you're still stuck somewhere feel free to ask.

Hope I helped!

5. nuclear898

nuclear898 New Member

I changed it a little bit so that the Status message sent to Prowl also contains the amount of honor your char has.
      For the people who want that too here it is.

Replace the BuddyCenter.cs in the buddycenter plugin folder with this one.

Attached Files:

6. xsilverdicex

xsilverdicex New Member

is the website portal for this dead? like im getting all the prowl updates via iphone, but if i try and login to the web portal it logs in fine but says " no characters connected yet"

7. xsilverdicex

xsilverdicex New Member

mybad sorry was using the old website it seems possien.rootswitch.com

8. xsilverdicex

xsilverdicex New Member

any chance we can get a setting to only send prowl notifications to the iphone for messages that contain your name example. battleground mesages, can we have it not spam us with ever message said in the bg channel and only send us the ones containg our character name or part of for example "lioden" is a bot would also pick up on "lio" is a bot. there are addons on curse that Change the color of your name in any channel within wow when people have said it, and also plays a sound when your name is mentioned, so im guessing this is doable.

9. nuclear898

nuclear898 New Member

Its best to turn off all notifications except whispers and battle.net whispers. When you enter a battleground honorbuddy will get status me.ingame == false during loading screen which makes buddycenter think you disconnected sending you a prowl messg so I turned that off, and it will spam anything other than whispers and battle.net whispers too so I turned those off too ^^

Still having trouble with the website, for some reason it stops updating after a couple of minutes.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
    10. wired420

wired420 Banned

This is no longer hosted on RootSwitch as far as I can tell. I own rootswitch and traffic to my server has been completely minimal on this account. As for the freezing up, the new host probably has keep alive's limited to a certain time period. I had to modify this on my server just for this app. Anyways. Since I no longer host it I can't check on that for you.

11. bkk2090

bkk2090 New Member

prowl

I am using prowl for this and am getting all the notifications but how do i go about whispering people or talking in guild?

Also how do i go about starting/stopping and changing profiles/modes?

Edit: nevermind prowl is just for push notifications i see what to do now.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
    12. Ojcamero

Ojcamero New Member

Any word on the Android app?

13. rinja

rinja New Member

Once again,

Please read the posts in this thread. You will notice that there is android support. I think it is hilarious that you people won't even investigate the plugin to realize it is already built in.

Still, best plugin evar!

14. Donplayer813

Donplayer813 Member

Hey guys I have buddycenter working again however I cant talk back via the website ? and ideas?

15. cm2003

cm2003 New Member

For some reason I'm getting this error with the most recent version of HB:
      -edit-
      after reinstalling everything it seems to be working.

-edit2-
      Working now also with Notifo on Android! But there is an issue with special letters like ? ?, and so on.
      And it's quite slow somehow.

If this special letter issue is getting fixed, I will love this Plugin! (well I actually do already)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
    16. AZ_Ron

AZ_Ron New Member

I'm not able to see any characters connected, screen shots or anything else on the monitoring website... Love the plugin when it's working, but without the ability to respond to a whisper,
      it's worthless... please, please fix this!! :) Thanks!

R

17. K4M

K4M New Member

So do I need the Prowl App to make this Work on my iphone?

18. Bammeh

Bammeh Member

Either Prowl, or Notifo

19. soussi

soussi Member

Notifo is the better one :)

20. K4M

K4M New Member

Do you have any link on info to make this work with HB, I searched and couldn't find anything.