• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Plugin - Monitoring] jMon - a Buddy monitor!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by j0achim, Feb 26, 2012.

1. S_o_M

S_o_M Member

Just go for it and take your time J0achim ;) I'm with you best project in the last month on the entire forum.

2. cm2003

cm2003 New Member

I was just reading the jmon remaking thread too and wanted to share my thoughts in here.

In my opinion he is partly right with what he says. I think you are/were starting from the wrong part. You first tried to make it look great - what it does, no discussion - and now start implementing the actual important functionalities.

The question is: What is important?
      For me the only reason using an addon like that is notification on whispers/chat and being able to reply them.
      What I totally don't need to know is, how much HP/Mana/XP/Gold does my bot have, as this is nothing I could do anything about.

The only part I can take care off, while I'm not on my PC, is replying to chats. Everything else I can't see on bars. And even if I could, I couldn't do anything about it, as I don't have a start/stop button or any possibility of using the Hearthstone or anything else.

Means, this plugin is just for fun at the moment. There is nothing really helping me in commanding the bot.
      Optimizations, like letting the page look nice, could also be done afterwards in my opinion.

I don't want to tell you how to code your plugin, but I think you would have much less stress, if important things would be handled first and every style stuff would be done afterwards.

Still I think you are doing a good job and I hope that this plugin will be finished one day with 2 way chat and notification (thats the only part I'm looking for to be honest with you :))

3. j0achim

j0achim New Member

3 days where i go without working on the project and its declared dead, people want to make their own etc. (I understand why more and more things are just kept private.)

As for two way chat and commands its something I'm working on however i think everyone agrees its more important that the server that you connect to is actually online so it could actually relay messages and commands or not?

4. AutomaticCoding

AutomaticCoding Banned

Dude, like I said in my thread, I DIDN'T MEAN TO OFFEND YOU.. I'm not even releasing it because it offended you. I was just making it for my private use where it's a private server with just me, thus, no down time.

5. cm2003

cm2003 New Member

With no word I declared your project dead...
      Just made constructive criticism, that's all.

6. j0achim

j0achim New Member

Anyhow, since i have been relaxed and gotten a few days off i have some ideas how to improve performance radically. So that's a good news :)

Edit: Old entries are now flushed every 30 minutes. This means 2 things, normal site performance will be drastically higher. Viewing archived content will then be considered "slow". e.g looking through old kill entries, loot, chat and so on... (and even viewing old entries will be slower then site would normally be before, since its not indexing through entire database at same rate)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
    7. miztho

miztho New Member

If people are really eager to get 2-way chat up and running, and an easy way to start/stop the bot remotely on-the-go, i'd recommend using http://www.thebuddyforum.com/honorbuddy-forum/plugins/free/monitoring/48213-irc-monitor-geekircmonitor-beta.html while waiting for it to work in J-Mon.
      Using the GeekyIRC plugin and J-Mon plugin together gives me everything i need.

I'll rather wait patiently, and in the end getting a nice and good working 2-way-chat gui, than having j0achim to push out some quick and dirty code for it.
      So take your time, j0achim. This is still my all time favorite plugin for honorbuddy :)

8. mspazz

mspazz Member

go to Home Page - Buddy Auth Portal and log in, then kill the session from there. When you go AFK long enough you will log out.

9. j0achim

j0achim New Member

Small update, earlier today i setup a cron job that cleans the database every 30 minutes. It then archives all entries older then 1 hour. So all the heavy load indexing is done in a small table with only a few thousand entries instead of a table that has nearly 3million. and a database with 8 million entries. Its not the meaning to keep all data for all eternity, on a later time only key events will be kept for longer period.

For those with the question why do he keep all this data? I am going to make a NPC database such as wowhead (wont be any site for it), for those that dont know, wowhead does not share NPC information the same way they do with items. Because of two reasons they know its valuable for botters, secondly giving away that information would make it easy for anyone making a competing site.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
    10. j0achim

j0achim New Member

I know there have been more or less 100 bots online the past 24 hours, any of those who have been using site wanna share how its experienced now?

Site is considerably faster, but getting user feedback is always best way knowing that its "true" :) Tests now show that the way i was already planning on implement two-way-chat will work just fine.

Some technical insight to how it work for those interested, my tcp server right now will execute query's in runtime. By this i mean the moment it receives data from a jMon client its inserted into database, inserts are no issue at all they take up no resources, now over to the part where its quite messy, this is true for both site and my tcp server, they have both been running separate "threads" when doing selects (not really) for every client, they have been querying only last 5 entries for every user. What this means is that under heavy load server was chewing about 400 - 800 querys per second. Not really that hard to achieve, however when tables had millions of entries this gets slow. Since 1 select in a table with a few million records can alone be hundreds of times slower (query time is relative) then it would if i run a cache - archive setup (as it does now). Next on my agenda is running array caching in both my TCP server and on the site. For site its a bit more complicated since it would require a continuously running script. (might setup my tcp as a comet server) Doing array caching it means i run database queries in time intervals lets say every 2 second it would check if array match database on change it would commit changes.

11. S_o_M

S_o_M Member

I havent used your site for a couple of days because of the problems, is it now again aviable to use, then I will test it and give feedback.

12. j0achim

j0achim New Member

And the changes that were made yesterday no longer crash the TCP Server every few hours.

So project is most-definitively moving in the right direction! And new chat, loot and kill window is coming along (needed for two way chat) think of the in-game chat that's the concept of it :)

13. lysheim

lysheim New Member

As far as i can see it does not log the items i pickpocket :s

14. cLx

cLx New Member

If you don't see anything it the loot box you must change the language of wow into english
      only with english you can see anything what you had loot

15. krusty123

krusty123 New Member

It's a lot faster now :) Great job, would like to see some new usefull functions, right now I got no use of this plugin =)

16. MoMedic

MoMedic New Member

Site seems to be pretty fast now. Like a lot of others, I look forward to new features you'll be adding soon. Thanks again for your hard work!

17. krusty123

krusty123 New Member

The chat is not showing any whispers or something, its empty

18. j0achim

j0achim New Member

This even when the bot is running?

19. krusty123

krusty123 New Member

ye I got the bot running, kills and loots work but not the chat.

20. Optimistic

Optimistic New Member

Chat doesn't work. Everything else is wonderful, so thank you! I'd love it if you fixed chat, though!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012