• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Plugin - Monitoring] jMon - a Buddy monitor!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by j0achim, Feb 26, 2012.

1. mellome

mellome New Member

Hi there.

I'm having a bit of an issue with enabling the APIKey.
      I registered an account at the link, copied the key and then downloaded the plugin/unarchived/place in folder.
      The bot, then, prompts for the key with the message "YOUR API KEY IS NOT CONFIGURED", I open the Plugin manager and put the key in.
      Repeat above message. Recompile Plugins. Repeat Message. Recompile again, the jMon plugin disappears from the menu.
      Sod it, I open up jMonSettings and change the Default Value to my APIKey. Recompile.

No message, no update, no 'connecting'.
      Did that fix it and now I just have to wait, or have I missed something in the distant blue yonder?
      I apologize for no log output, there wasn't any and thus I have nothing to post. I chuckled at the above post about not being an oracle.

Do your thing miss kleo.

PS: regardless of it working for me, eventually, beautiful design/idea +rep

------------------
      Re-up, I fixed the problem. Mix in a bit of lag, a bit of misreading, a few minor edits and some voodoo salts I found in the bathtub.

Toodles.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
    2. DrProfessor

DrProfessor Member

I recall mine throwing an error the first time (even with an API key entered), but working nonetheless. Have you actually logged into your account on the website and checked?

3. drewn

drewn New Member

how do i get this app on my phone so while im in class i can kill the bot or knwo its going

4. j0achim

j0achim New Member

Make separate folders for Honorbuddy, that's the only way to split bots into different accounts, since APIKEY is a globally shared key for 1 Honorbuddy "installation".

5. DrProfessor

DrProfessor Member

Already did that, but I had run two characters with one account's API key, and now want it to show up on another account. It seems to ignore the API key once the character info is stored in the database though.

6. calibras

calibras New Member

HI, today i started with a new character with HB and jMon. My first (DK) did log his actions but did not send them to the site. now my new char (Hunter) logs AND sends his actions to the server.. Any idea how this is possible? There on the same account same APIKEY did not change anything expect the profiel they should use.

7. BaturalNoobs

BaturalNoobs Member

Exact same problem here. Installed, enabled, started, asked for API, stopped, entered API from site, started, refreshed the site and nothing.

Exited and reopened HB, clicked plugins and J-Mon was gone from plugins list. Deleted j-mon folder from plugins and extracted back to plugins. Opening HB again and was still gone from plugins list.

Here's the error from the log:

8. DEDO

DEDO New Member

Under account I have "Notifications are on." I'm using google chrome.

But I still dont get the pop ups.

I'm connected and everything else works, cept "My stats", but I'm so worried about that one.

Any idea why I dont get the pop ups ?

Thx

9. DrProfessor

DrProfessor Member

If you ever get bored, I think it'd be cool to add BG stats for when the bg bots is running, and profession/node-count stats for when gatherbuddy is running.

10. Neli

Neli New Member

Thanks, worked for me too! :)

11. j0achim

j0achim New Member

I am aware the server had stopped. Its been restarted and site is operational again.

When you have activated the notifications, only thing you need to do is "idle" on the Overview page. If it still does not work, check that chrome is running latest version. (should be as it updates itself)

12. j0achim

j0achim New Member

Next few days i will only monitor the site and make sure its running optimum. So the database have been wiped because some problems had started to appear, not to mention it was over 4 gigabyte large, which is perhaps reason why it started to act weird.

13. ChrillePan

ChrillePan New Member

They did not show me what have I loot :(

It shows me the killdes mob's and the current status of my toon.

Is there something to configurate for it or what else?

Grtz Chrille

14. ChrillePan

ChrillePan New Member

They did not show me what have I loot :(

It shows me the killdes mob's and the current status of my toon.

Is there something to configurate for it or what else?

Grtz Chrille

15. eZsp

eZsp Member

Hi I can't get the plugin to load at all. Not even when it is the only one. Everything is as it should be, but no joy in the plugin window. I found one suggestion stating to remove the settings file but I have never sucessfully ran the plugin so this option is not applicable. Thanks in advance

16. mellome

mellome New Member

Alright, as I subscribed to this thread I keep getting pinged and its the same question (similar to what I had) which merely results in small hiccups and a bit of lack of patience, if I'm being truly honest.

This may not be helpful to anyone, but on the other hand it also may spoon feed those of you that, like I, had to play airplane.

First things first BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, you will want to visit the website.
      http://www.j-mon.com/ is the heart and soul of the operation, at least where you, we, all are concerned so it is only right we begin here first.

? On your top left, click Register.

[​IMG]

Now, a note, once you click "SIGN UP" you will not be sent an email, and the page, seemingly, will only change ever so slightly.

? Displayed below, wrapped in the yellow box for emphasis, is your UNIQUE APIKey.
      Write it down, copy it, keep it for the next steps.

Note: I deleted what was here and made this up, for any slackers out there.

[​IMG]

? Now go back to the first page of this thread, Click Here, and download the zipped archive.
      ? Extract the archive into your HBuddy Folder/Plugins
      ? Start HBuddy
      ? Click 'Plugins' on the far right, if you have enhanced settings enabled, or bot config - plugins otherwise.
      ? Once 'jMon' is highlighted in the plugin frame, select 'Settings' on the bottom left.
      ? Here is where you will enter your APIKey from above.
      ? Click Okay
      ? TURN OFF HONORBUDDY

PAUSE

? Re-start HBuddy. Pick a random Bot, this is just to test the display of information, and run.
      ? IF in HBuddy, jMon outputs the message "YOUR API KEY IS NOT CONFIGURED" - do the following / if not skip this step
      1. Close HBuddy.
      2. Open the HBuddy Directory and Go to Settings
      3. Open NotePad.exe, or a similar text-style editor, and drag-drop the file jMonSettings.xml into it
      4. Now you will want to paste/type your APIKey, from before, between the <APIKEY></APIKEY> value definition
      5. Save. Re-start HBuddy.

? If you closed the website, return to it.
      ? After a few moments you should, now, see information being sent to the server.

Note: If the jMon Plugin disapers from your Plugins list INSIDE of HBuddy, you can fix this by deleting the jMonSettings.xml file within the HBuddy directory /Settings folder
      Keep in mind, however, that, if you delete the above file, you will then need to repeat some of the above steps to re-enter your APIKey.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
    17. toml96

toml96 Member

Brilliant plugin. Best bot monitoring out there. Keep up the great work guys! :)

18. eZsp

eZsp Member

This is the one I meant. If anyone knows of a solution to this problem I'd very much appreciate it if you could PM me or reply to this thread :)

(NOTE: I have no settings file due to never having successfully ran the plugin)

19. mellome

mellome New Member

Try a fresh instal of HBuddy and then repeat the steps.
      It does show up for the latest version, though it did disappear on me after entering the information the first time
      It re-appeared after I restarted the bot.

20. khiyel

khiyel New Member

I've got everything running but when I go to Chrome to view the Desktop Notifications, and someone whispers me, nothing pops up. Is this intended or have I done something wrong?
      If I have, I'll take you through the process
      I also have the latest version of google chrome, and I'm on Overview when someone speaks to me

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012