• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [Plugin] Multibox Companion

Discussion in 'Archives' started by tjhasty, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Gunmetal

Gunmetal New Member

Will this work as a BG/Arena pocket healer? I'm guessing it looks for group leader, so maybe not...but maybe it's possible you can add an option to type in which player you'd want it to follow/assist in a BG setting?

2. bigj

bigj New Member

not really, the toon just defends it self if he gets attack. else he just followed the main toon. if the main toon starts the combat the other toon just stands doing nothing.

3. tjhasty

tjhasty Member

Thats in the plans yes. hopefully the next cpl weeks or so.

4. Gunmetal

Gunmetal New Member

That would be friggin awesome...can't wait to try it out! Leveling my Pally and Shaman pocket healers now =)

5. tjhasty

tjhasty Member

OK, I have narrowed it down to an issue with the default druid profile. all the other profiles, when you call the combat routine, start the combat routine. With the druid profile, you call that routing it just sits there, and I cant find the routine that it is wanting me to call. Ill keep searching but perhaps you could flip flop for now, you control the druid and the bot controls the other? Ill update once I figure it out.

6. tjhasty

tjhasty Member

Ok I updated it with a quick and dirty fix for the druid players. Until I can figure out what the druid profile is doing it will just cast Wrath to begin combat, otherwise if you are playing another char it will proceed normally.

7. tjhasty

tjhasty Member

update

8. tjhasty

tjhasty Member

Update, fixed combat with BT and non BT CC's, please re-download both mboxcomp.cs and mboxbot.cs. Read 1.4 notes for any details.

9. tjhasty

tjhasty Member

Yet another update, fixed a few problems I noticed under some situations. Please download both files.

Next step is to merge everything into a botbase so you can just select Multibox and it goes. That should happen by this weekend hopefully.

10. tjhasty

tjhasty Member

update

11. tjhasty

tjhasty Member

something weird happened, one second the bot worked, then the next it didn't. Somehow a bunch of code went missing, but when I downloaded a fresh copy from here, the code was missing there to. I dont know WHAT happened. I rebuilt mbotbox.cs and re-uploaded it incase anyone had any issues with it.

12. tjhasty

tjhasty Member

Major update. Added some user changeable options and fixed the loot distance options. Read first post for details.

13. cryogenicrooster

cryogenicrooster New Member

Thanks TJ, I'm going to test out your new additions tonight. keep up the good work.

14. trichomer

trichomer New Member

ty for making this . superb timing i must say :)

works rly well for me, only thing i miss is the option to type in which player you'd want it to follow/assist in a BG. but thats coming i see :)

btw is it possible to make him ignore other players when hes in a BG, sometimes it gets rly annoying when he start to focus all healing one another dude 20-30 yards away?

15. tjhasty

tjhasty Member

Thank u for yer compliments. As far as a healing ignore function, that's handled by the cc so I can't really stop that behavior I don't think.

As far as following someone I'll be adding that to the gui as soon as I add one. For now tho u can use an add-on called set the leader, that should do the trick.

16. tjhasty

tjhasty Member

updated to 2.1, read patch notes.

17. ladygamer

ladygamer Member

thanks for this hard work, gonna be testing it out soon :)

hoping to plvl a buncha 60's to 80s with an 85.. hehe through dungeons if possible ;)

18. Morga

Morga Member

Thought I would give this a try. I downloaded it, got it installed to hb, it detects when my main is mounted, but it doesn't mount. I'm actually just trying this outside, didn't think it would matter but ya never so thought I would post :)
      Actually all it seems to be doing is auto following, no combat. I have my lock following my warrior.

Morga

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
    19. frostfire

frostfire Member

Hiya tjHasty,

First off, thanks for all the work you have put in to this!

Today was my first day playing with it, but I found a couple issues I wanted to bring up in case I'm doing something wrong.

First, and most critical to you I think, is looting. First the background. I am running 2 bots, the "main" being a paladin running a custom grind profile. The second bot is a shammy using this plugin/bot as a follower.

When I have looting turned on for both bots, after 5-10 minutes consistently I get errors from MultiBox about a object not found and it crashes... stopping and restarting does not work, I have to close HB and restart it. Turned off looting and that fixed it. I didnt think to keep my log files, so if you want one just let me know and I will reproduce it and add the log here (is easy to reproduce tho, and the log was not very helpful).

Second, and most important to me (tho perhaps not to you, since I dont think you intended this to work that way), is that when botting, if my secondary toon running multibox pulls agro, my main toon (the party leader) will ignore that attacker and run off to fight something else. So far this has not killed the secondary toon, but it does disrupt things and a couple times ended up with the secondary toon confused and stopped likely because the leader was too far away after combat finally ended.

So... is there a way to add the ability for the main toon in these instances to "protect" the multibox toon? Perhaps add something in to the plugin for the "main" toon? (currently I do not enable multibox plugin on the main toon since he is using grind bot type)

Thanks in advance,

Frosty

20. tjhasty

tjhasty Member

A log file would be awesome so I can tell what line is failing, HB saves the log file automatically under the logs folder, just find the one with the date the error happens and zip it and post it.
      Also what looting were you running (aka group loot, free for all, round robin, etc..)

As far as the leader, grind bot is not aware nor does it care if it has followers. While what your asking is possible, someone would have to build the grind bot from the ground up.

This plugin was not intended to be used this way. I designed it so u could play one char and have Helpers. If you want to do this then my suggestion is to disable looting on the bots, put the group in free for all and let the leader loot.

Also i have discovered HB has major issues with phasing, I have tried and tried to make the plugin tolerant of this but to no avail. And wow is becoming more and more phase heavy. While the grind bot does not care about this, anything trying to follow another char freaks out due to the fact that the leader just vanishes when they go through a phase point, so the follower no longer has something to follow. Unless I'm wrong I believe this to be an HB problem, and Im not sure there is a way around it in it's current state.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011