• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [PLUGIN] Pokebuddy - Gotto kill em all!

Discussion in 'Uncataloged' started by maybe, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Classe

Classe New Member

I'm sure Toliman will sort it once he is online. Adding the '//' may or may not have been intented, and it might be something else, heck even I don't know if '//' is doing anything, all I know is that the bot won't engage anything with those lines added into the .cs

2. Nashal

Nashal New Member

Logic Manager is still not usable, since it can't get the PetID

3. judaquwow2

judaquwow2 Member

You're right, it gets the name and the Species ID but not the PetID.

4. Nashal

Nashal New Member

I hate DB's -.-

5. sharat

sharat New Member

I got mine to load up, but just fly around also. wont go into battle.

6. marinov78

marinov78 New Member

Mine don't load at all, even after changing old Pokehbuddy.cs with new one and various try with line 44.

Same compiler error CS0246

7. toliman

toliman Member

I've left it alone due to "weekend" things. (buying hue lights, shopping, fixing up kodi/xbmc/ ifttt to use hue ambilight, etc. glorious stuff), and not pet battles. Also have some work this week which is not conducive to coding. sorry about that.

In general, i need to do some more research and testing on the HB API before going in and breaking PB again. the compiler error comes up because the code looks for BPS, the pet swapper code. the fix is pretty easy, you just have to go to the line and comment out the BPSPlugin line

to
      you will have to close HB entirely, then reopen to get the change to apply.

smaller edits don't require this, but including BPS requires closing HB so the file can be compiled again when HB starts up again. The reason why it's there, was/is to improve pet swapping in pokehbuddy, which is something i've been trying to tweak for a while so the pet swap code can run between battles. it should, but it doesn't.

once framelock is ironed out, i'll move onto fixing the GUID problem, but i'm not sure yet how to solve it. I suspect it's a string to GUID conversion that's needed, which requires figuring out how the StyxWoW stuff handles a GUID. TryParseFriendly might be the ticket, but i'd prefer to see an example, i.e. WoWGuid.TryParseFriendly Method would convert the string from LUA.GetReturnValues to a WoWGuid. (it baffles me why, but i'm sure theres reasons for the game LUA to not accept a string/guid conversion. probably to handle null exceptions ??)

anyway,

I now have some idea of what the loops realistically do (by slowly breaking the plugin to do what i wanted it to do...)

as for the TLDR explanation, here goes.

Framelock is non-trivial, the timer works, but i haven't really fixed anything to do with the bot + plugin interaction.

as you've undoubtedly noticed, pet battles don't start very often with the modifications. this is my fault here. setting shorter values will start more battles, and works. i just can't remember where those changes are now (oops)

you can tweak the values i used back to like 100ms and 500ms instead of 1s/2s/10s delays. I used larger values to get a sense of where the code needed to be paced out or when to delay things. I should try to use a consistent timer, but i'd also move things out of the main code to make it legible, or to allow the code to be co-routined in the future too.

I also have to do some research on the implications of Treeroot.Pause() to keep PB working while using it with GatherBuddy 2 and framelock. mostly i have no idea what pause will do, if it disables combat, or anything like that. i'd prefer to have a better working knowledge of HB before adding it in and breaking things even further.

i also have to look and diff what treeK has done with the bot version, to get that working, and see if it's easily added into PB.

Adding a brief delay for Pet Swapping isn't trivial. if you use a diff between the previous versions, you can see i've added and changed 4 delay timers to prevent thread racing and halt/race conditions (programming things), so that framelock works, and pet battles work. it's currently set at about 10 seconds after a battle, but i really should instead, use a diagnostic log and take that back to 1 second for use by others. sorry about that. it was 5am at the time, and i haven't really come back on that.

my bad.

i'm reticent about pushing changes now, but it's probably easier to strip out a lot of the "complicated" stuff. its generally easier to use git/svn updates on this kind of thing.

8. smallcatin

smallcatin New Member

Honorbuddy\Plugins\Pokehbuddy\Pokehbuddy.cs(282,30) : error CS0115: 'Pokehbuddyplug.Pokehbuddy.Initialize()': no suitable method found to override

I'm not amazing with computers. What does this mean? How can I fix it?

Thanks, also I couldn't find this problem posted by anybody else so sorry if it's on the this forum somewhere and I didn't see it.

9. Voodi

Voodi New Member

10. visaar

visaar New Member

same problem like smallcatin

11. marlb1

marlb1 Member

Smallcatin, if ya can upload your.cs file, I will see if I can fix it or find out whats going on.

12. smallcatin

smallcatin New Member

13. Nashal

Nashal New Member

he can't override since there was no Initilize methode before, just delete the override prefix and it ll works

14. inspektor

inspektor Member

some problem Honorbuddy\Plugins\Pokehbuddy\Pokehbuddy.cs(282,30 ) : error CS0115: 'Pokehbuddyplug.Pokehbuddy.Initialize()': no suitable method found to override

15. visaar

visaar New Member

can somebody FIX IT? or nobody dont care ?;p

16. napaDox

napaDox Member

fix pls

17. Cannasteve

Cannasteve New Member

Please anyone can update this awesome plugin?

18. Nashal

Nashal New Member

kids, pls stop with asking for a fix and read the thread. Toliman is working on it, but he also stated, that it is a weekend project so stop CRYING and READ carefully.

19. bouncingsquares

bouncingsquares New Member

Actually, you're the one who needs to read carefully.

"I've left it alone due to "weekend" things. (buying hue lights, shopping, fixing up kodi/xbmc/ ifttt to use hue ambilight, etc. glorious stuff), and not pet battles. Also have some work this week which is not conducive to coding. sorry about that."

He said he has other things to do on the weekend, not this.

20. luciddream51

luciddream51 New Member

I'm having issues getting the plug-in to show up, i've found that the Pokehbuddy.cs file isn't showing up with I use SVN checkout or try to manually paste it in. Any suggestions?