• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [Plugin] Squire - A Battleground Follower Plugin

Discussion in 'Archives' started by bobby53, Nov 15, 2010.

1. richarddoran

richarddoran New Member

Great plugin! Any chance it could check for whoever has the most killing blows, or the most damage done and have a healbot follow that character around? That would be great! Or in WSG, if it could detect the flag carrier and stay by that character no matter what?

Even as it is, pvp botting is so much better. Bots stay alive so much longer when traveling in a group, they never get yelled at for running past nodes, and they get more honor, due to less deaths. Great job!

2. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Thanks for the post trichomer. I can't tell for certain from the log file fragment, but the code causing that didn't handle the leader having an NPC targeted or possibly a pet. Made a quick update for you and will be posting shortly.

3. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Thanks for the post richarddoran, and great idea regarding # of KBs and Damage! Flag support is underway in the next release, but will hold to get that added to it. Since initially there will be 0 KB's it would need to default to another selection method or just run the profile. Let me know your thoughts,

4. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

A new release of Squire v0.9.02 TEST is now available for download.

NOTE: It is AB weekend and there have been issues reported regarding HonorBuddy navigation over the bridges and with some of the floating debris in the water that appear to still be present. In my last test I encountered both of them. If you are going to bot AB and get stuck (or any other bg for that matter), please report the stucks as you normally would for HonorBuddy and not here.

NOTE: The dismount bug is an HonorBuddy issue and still present in the current release. The mountup bug I am still not certain of the source, but do know its not due to being interrupted by movement (code is present that actively checks that the character is in the exact same spot throughout the mount attempt.)

I left the prior version available for download in the event you encounter an issue and want to rollback to 0.9.00. To rollback, you must delete all files in the Plugins/Squire folder before reinstalling. I have family in town this weekend and won't be on the forums much if any.

Changes in 0.9.02 TEST release:

1. Bug fix for exception encountered by trichomer

New features in 0.9.01 TEST release:

1. Supports an XML config file (stored in the Squire folder) for each character you use Squire with. The file is created upon first use of Squire. Change the settings within the file and click Recompile to load them. You have control over ranges, timeouts, and the ability to choose how you select the leader. Note that text values are case sensitive.

2. Supports two methods of selecting a leader. In the config file you can specify either of the following (but only one at a time):
      <Method>Health</Method>
      The Health method is the one previously implemented, and sets the player with largest maximum health in the scan range as the leader.
      <Method>Density</Method>
      The Density method looks at all the characters within the scan range and determines the population density around them. In other words, it sets the leader as the player with the most teammates within 40 yds of them. In the event of two or more players with the same density, it chooses the one closest to you.

3. It detects whether your character is a melee or ranged combat type and uses corresponding follow distance from the config file. Melee classes can modify the FollowDistanceMelee setting, while ranged classes should modify the FollowDistanceRanged setting as needed. The reason for the two different values is to accommodate hybrid characters that sometimes PvP as melee and other times as ranged.

Now that you have control over the follow distance, you should be able to better utilize this with melee.

5. gonemental

gonemental Member

Just what I have been looking for. Great work.

6. foolhardy

foolhardy New Member

Looked promising but loaded to HB - working on warlock 75 - after first death continously spams "summon felguard". had to disable. will post log as soon as see behavior again. using latest HB/IB

7. Joker76

Joker76 Member

Or try w00t's AB profile, it seems to gt stuck much less than the default.

Thanks for the plugin Bobby! Working great for me so far.

8. highend

highend Member

Just in case you don't have enough valid debug output for the

Stop and dismount...
      [Squire] unable to mount after 291 ms
      [Squire] unable to mount after 292 ms
      [Squire] unable to mount after 293 ms
      [Squire] unable to mount after 291 ms

error (which often leads to minimal steps forward but no fluid movement for that time):

Attached Files:

9. trichomer

trichomer New Member

more debug output inc :p

Same mount problem , takes a step>stops>step>stops looks rely botish. This was is AV using default profile

Code:
      [Squire] unable to mount after 275 ms
      [Squire] unable to mount after 276 ms
      [Squire] unable to mount after 283 ms
      [Squire] unable to mount after 276 ms

[00:27:39:375] Activity: Moving to hotspot
      [00:27:39:543] %   TotemManagerUpdate:  found 0 totems with closest 699,7 yds away at <0, 0, 0>
      [00:27:39:553] %   HealPlayer:  moving to heal target who is 36,5991554260254 yds away
      [00:27:39:553] %   Move: moving to player:Rogue.0AA0 thats 36,60 yds away
      [00:27:39:836] %   Stopped Moving
      [00:27:39:836] %   MoveToHealTarget: stopping now that Heal Target is 33,8906135559082 yds away
      [00:27:39:836] %   HealRaid:  stopping now that Heal Target Rogue.0AA0 is 33,8906135559082 yds away
      [00:27:39:837] %   WillChainHealHop(): took 1 ms

[SIZE="2"][B]Loge file:[/B][/SIZE]

[00:27:39:375] Activity: Moving to hotspot
      [00:27:39:543] %   TotemManagerUpdate:  found 0 totems with closest 699,7 yds away at <0, 0, 0>
      [00:27:39:553] ^Heal Target: Rogue.0AA0[55] at 81,9% dist: 36,7 in-los: True
      [00:27:39:553] %   HealPlayer:  moving to heal target who is 36,5991554260254 yds away
      [00:27:39:553] MoveToHealTarget:  moving to Heal Target Rogue.0AA0 who is 36,6 yds away
      [00:27:39:553] %   Move: moving to player:Rogue.0AA0 thats 36,60 yds away
      [00:27:39:562] Could not generate full path from {X:629,584 Y:-303,6214 Z:30,1847} to {X:604,8286 Y:-300,8586 Z:54,19792} (distance from end point to destination: 24,34156 yards)!
      [00:27:39:836] %   Stopped Moving
      [00:27:39:836] %   MoveToHealTarget: stopping now that Heal Target is 33,8906135559082 yds away
      [00:27:39:836] %   HealRaid:  stopping now that Heal Target 

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
    10. rochambeau

rochambeau New Member

AB - Very very Buggy

Just tried this on a Disc priest in AB.

Spent majority of time mounting/dismounting and standing around.

Didn't seem to initiate healing or combat until I was thoroughly swarmed by enemies.

11. Lockwood

Lockwood Member

Melee Non Target and Dismounting

Just been trying this with a Warrior on AB.

Problem I'm having is it's not targetting enemies until they attack it first some of the time. Sometimes it is fine and sometimes it just decides to stand there.

Also doing a few of random dismounts/mounts.

Log attached.

However, overall a fantastic plugin. The bot now attacks and defends and is at the heart of the fighting. I die a fair bit being melee in PVP but for a healer or ranged DPS this would be Grade A playing. It works quite well for melee too. A great imporvement on suicide botting. Means you never go it alone into a horde of enemies anymore.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
    12. richarddoran

richarddoran New Member

Well the current leader detecting system would be a great fallback to when the BG first starts, and maybe after its first death, or after a certain period of time it can switch to Dmg done/ KBs should make for some fun AV turtles...

I left my bots farming AB while I was at work, and got MUCH better results than what I used to get with the regular old profile system. I used to watch the bot run between nodes and get ganked and yelled at, now they stand next to other players by the node, and get complimented for healing, and help win more. I LOVE this plugin :) Works really well with shamwow too ;)

Also, I should note that a couple times, both of my bots would end up thinking the other was a good leader target, which didn't work out too well, but it would time out eventually and right itself.

13. Lockwood

Lockwood Member

Got another bugfor u bobby.

On alliance chars. When following to the Lumber Mill.

Takes a right at the stump on the ramp up and then jumps right off the cliff. Sometimes it does this a few times when trying to follow someone up to the LM. Doesn't change with follow distance.

14. Gunmetal

Gunmetal New Member

when I'm using this with SpecSwitch in AB, it interrupts the spec switching as it's moving out of the building before the BG starts.

15. gehoornde

gehoornde New Member

I just love this plugin! Has a few minor bugs (which i dont even care about) but when i use this on my priest it really makes the difference between winning or losing a BG lots of times.

16. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Thanks for the post rochambeau. The plugin only controls non-combat movement. If another character is hitting you then HonorBuddy, your CC, your Bot, or another plugin has taken over. Please post a complete debug log file if you continue to get those results. Thanks for the post, Bobby53

17. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

You'll want to post this and any other navigation issues in: Navigation/mesh errors and problems - POST THEM HERE! The HonorBuddy navigation system is used for all movement. You'll want to read the first post in that thread to be sure to provide the detail requested. It's very specific regarding screenshots, etc. to help the Dev Team specifically identify the issue.

Thanks,
      Bobby53

18. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Thanks for the post Gunmetal. I'll have it wait until the Preparation buff has been removed or 5 seconds, whichever is longer. The 5 seconds is necessary in case you enter a battleground already in progress. Let me know if you prefer a different time interval. Thanks for the post, Bobby53

19. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Glad to hear its working and thanks for the post gehoornde! Thanks for the feedback, Bobby53

20. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

EDIT: Not sure from your post which CC you were using, but just saw a post from raphus [link--click here] regarding a fix for a do nothing issue reported. You should have a look if you are using that CC.