• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [Poll] What is the best gold making method?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Wrathlol, Oct 29, 2012.

?

Best gold making method

1. Alchemy

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. Mining/Smelting

50.0%
    3. Herbalism

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    4. Flipping at AH

50.0%
    5. Fishing

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    1. maxeldon1

maxeldon1 New Member

What exactly are you trading? A place in the group with you? 19.5 hours seems abit odd - personally I am lucky if i get one or two shard in that time. What mobs are you grinding?

2. maxvdw

maxvdw New Member

From someone who botted 5 toons through MoP with grindin 1 spot, i can say thats bollocks.

I even got whispered by a GM once, concerning a ticket (I know, STUPID), but no consequences.

Must be because I spend all my gold on silly things..

3. Lady Rainicorn

Lady Rainicorn New Member

These options are all silly.

The best money is to perform vertical consolidation on multiple markets.

1. Create a gathering team, and store enough gold to powerlevel crafting professions.
      2. As you can afford, teach other characters each of the crafting professions. Enchanting and Jewelcrafting are especially important if you're a Miner and should be established first.
      3. Learn to 'shuffle'. You can take your raw materials from gathering and process them through a myriad of professions into a wide set of resultant markets.

A brief example of this:
      Take your raw ore and prospect it on your JC into gems.
      Take all Rare Quality gems and cut them. Take all Uncommon Gems and craft them into Jewelry.
      Sell all cut gems on the AH.
      Transfer the Jewelry to your Enchanter. Disenchant all jewelry.
      Sell the enchanting mats.

This helps you avoid competition and gives you great flexibility in what you can sell. This, when done correctly, will bring gains that are 4 to 5 times higher than simply selling gathered materials. And if any particular market is in a slump, you have many other options for processing your raw materials to make sure you always get a decent profit.

4. Masternap

Masternap New Member

Okay, that may be true for your server, but on my server enchanting mats are so low that selling the jewelry to a vendor is about 25% more profitable than disenchanting it.
      Even selling the cut gems doesn't make much profit. The only thing that does is crafting the ores into bars and transmuting those to Trillium.
      I think I'd even lose gold if I did it your way, so really, it's all dependant on your server and some things are therefore a waste of time and effort and if you really want to make gold you'll need to have a firm grasp on your server's market.

5. jaymehx

jaymehx Banned

have lvl 25 guild. have many players leveling, theyll fill your bank with the guild bonus :)
      current prices dropped so hard, its easier to have others level than botting :/

6. Hobo

Hobo Member

how so?

7. et3rnal

et3rnal New Member

like others have said the best way is to have multiple 600 professions and play the market with all of them

8. rogerdashrubber

rogerdashrubber Member

Q. Best gold making method

A. Botting.

Swizzie likes this.
    9. Clubwar

Clubwar Member

Fishing + Herbalism, free gold to easy

10. hgoutyt

hgoutyt New Member

Well if you are botting the mats anyway its impossible to "lose" money. And the point of this method isnt always to gain more profit but you will sell more if you have ur hand in more markets. The competition for ore and herbs can be rough and only people who are going to craft things from them will buy it. so if you take these and craft stuff everyone needs your broadening ur sales to everyone on that server and what he said is the simpleist shuffle you can make lots more by adding enchanting and inscription and there are a few trick to it. Ive been working on my own Shuffle profile for the last month or so and it's bringing in alot more than i was getting just selling raw mats because as i said A) larger market and B)less competition.

11. Billybob

Billybob New Member

Why is it so hard for some people to understand that some servers have really shitty markets? All servers are not like yours, that's the point some people are trying to get across.

"The Shuffle" does not work on all servers. Some servers make better profit from selling shit to vendors. That's just the way it is...

It's stupid to take 2-3 weeks and countless hours of human and or bot time trying to sell crap on a shitty server when you can just 1 min & vendor the shit.

I play (bot) multiple servers and there is a tremendous difference in how a make gold, depending on the server's economy.

12. hgoutyt

hgoutyt New Member

Ok well sorry for me vendoring alot is a part of my shuffle. and i am on a pretty shitty server myself but dosent everyone always need gems, enchants and flasks?

13. rodxuxa

rodxuxa New Member

Your "everyone" is the difference im afraid =D

I always played horde in a massive server with everyone engaged in pvp and pve. Now i'm in a new server and things just don't sell. It's big, but the eng-game scene is dead.

14. hgoutyt

hgoutyt New Member

Everyone was a poor choice of a word =P And i guess your right my servers pretty bad but there are certain things that still sell fairly well, Not as much as they might have if it were an xpac or two ago i suppose. Half my money comes from vendoring too. but i still believe having ur hand in as many markets as possible even if its like just a few gems is bound to increase your sales.

15. Dandy

Dandy New Member

Obviously I get slightly more herbs than ores with my current profile, but in the last week Ive made 30k on _just_ Ghost iron ore, and around 230k _just_ on herbs and golden lotus.

So I'd say herbalism is the best choice, you can allways move big volume too.

16. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

He is right :p

17. rogerdashrubber

rogerdashrubber Member

I know i was being a smart arse, but, if people took the time to think through these things they would see the truth behind the statement i was making. There is no ONE BEST way to make gold, if you limit yourself to just one thing then you miss out. You need to cover all the market and thats a pretty easy thing to do. You have to mix it up.

Toon 1, collects ore and herbs.
      Sell some on the AH, use the rest in professions to value add.

Toon 2, fishes up those fishes.
      Sell some of the fishes on the AH and turn the rest into ironpaw tokens to buy farmed mats.

Toon 3, farms leather.
      Sell some, use other profssions to value add.

Toon 4, farms cloth.
      Sell some on AH, use the rest to again value add.

I bot 24/7. I just never do that on the one character doing the same thing over and over. Rotate them, use your brains and try and cover all the bases. Just think of all the things herbs can be turned into, some sell more than others, some less, but, even those not so hot items means more gold for you and less for the next guy.

Dont limit yourself to MOP shit only, there is often more gold to be made from the other expansions because less people are doing them. But, and most importantly, it is more gold into your pocket. People are still levelling professions all the time. On my server, in herbs, i cover all the main ones as listed in WoW-Professions.com | 1-600 Profession Leveling Guides - MoP same with ores, enchanting mats, cloths, leathers. They might be low volume, but i still move stacks of them per week.

The same goes for green items, look on your AH and look at some of the retarded prices for greens, look for holes in the market, on my server there is a huge shortage of classic and bc items, so i filled the market, they move too, maybe 60+ items a week, i sell them cheaply, 30-50g a hit, there is 2K gold each week most people are too lazy to chase.

So anyways, moral of the story is, THINK IT THROUGH and cover it all.

18. hgoutyt

hgoutyt New Member

^^^Kind of what i was saying but more intense =P Maybe ill try doing some of the less generic ones!

19. irfancemara

irfancemara New Member

dude, if u play on multiple server, u will understand. Or try play on both side on barthilas. I made 25k a day on Horde, and dead on Alliance. High/Full server are good for shufle, Medium and Low server are suck for shufle, better sell the mats.

20. hgoutyt

hgoutyt New Member

i do play multiple and i fully understand that prices vary but i can imagine a server where not a single flask, gem, or enchant sell. I'm not saying you need to use all your mats up! make just enough of everything so that your in the market and i guarentee you will make sales. If you make less profit from the items and u actually can sell ALL your herbs and ores then by all means go right ahead. For me i use a few of my herbs to make flasks (maybe 20 a day of each) and do the shoulder enchant shuffle with the rest and vendoring them. a good ammount of my flasks sell but never all and i also make 10k or more from the rest of the herbs shuffling them that way. all im saying is if you cant sell all the raw mats flat out every day and ur relying on the AH for your sales then the shuffle will increase your odds of selling something. i make maybe 10-20k off the AH every day from doing this and then an additional 10-15k from the herbs before i started shuffling and i was selling all raw mats i couldent sell everything every day and i ended up making 10k if i was lucky!