• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Poll: What is the most risky form of botting? (BAN)

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by zuabros, Apr 8, 2011.

?

For what reason have blizzard banned / suspended you? (multiple choices allowed)

1. Activity: grinding

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. Activity: PVP botting

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    3. Activity: Gathering (GB2)

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    4. Activity: Quests profiles

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    5. Actifity: Selling gold

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    6. Activity: Instancebuddy

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    7. Activity: Archeologybuddy

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    8. Blizzard e-mail: Abuse of the economy

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    9. Blizzard e-mail: 3rd party automation software

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    10. Blizzard e-mail: "hacks"

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    11. Blizzard e-mail: others

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. Keanu

Keanu Member Buddy Store Developer

PvP in my opinion. Lots if real players and your toon running same routes again and again.

2. Starliight

Starliight New Member

bb+kk in uldum or hyjal

3. taurenguard

taurenguard New Member

Isle of Conquest at the begining when the gate opens and like 15 people run around like crazy chickens lol.
      High report rate.

4. b4rbi3s

b4rbi3s New Member

wtb random paths, not just "running to biggest pack" ;)

5. Rewards

Rewards Member

mining/herbing cata

6. Ahdcrazy

Ahdcrazy New Member

GB2 i think got the highest ban rate

7. Kane49_2

Kane49_2 New Member

Always exempt AV from statements like these, if you set a few random values you look just like the average retard.

8. Finsk

Finsk New Member

Do you guys think its a high risk to bot Heavy junkboxes as rogue in isle of quel'danas? I have never seen anyone there or when i write /who isle... i cant find any other ppl. Is it risky to bot there? Ive been banned once before 4 months ago cause of 20hours/day botting for ores in uldum.

9. matt_S90

matt_S90 New Member

Botting for hores?

10. Lloyd

Lloyd New Member

Hell yeah botting for whores.. what else is there to bot for? ...

11. diablofan

diablofan Member

actually it only looks obvious for you boter when u watch it, but for random player who never been botting wont even notice it....

12. Mario27

Mario27 Banned

its riskly i botted 12 hours a day in uldem and i got my ban afther 2 months on my farming account all other accounts where good. farming is the most risky

13. dubs

dubs Member

I haven't been banned for honorbuddy use ever. I bot 8-10 hours a day either fishing, gathering or grinding low pop areas (i rotate areas and don't do the same thing every night) and if i ever sell gold it's to people i know personally.

14. polleyollie

polleyollie New Member

Yeah man! Its not always what you're doing, but how you're doing it and when! Bravo.

15. DaSoul

DaSoul Well-Known Member

Why do people rate grinding higher than pvp botting? seriously i don't understand this. When grinding all other players see a character that gathers nodes and randomly kills mobs. (except grinding 24/7, nothing suspicous here)

In battlegrounds you get feared arround...get stuck in fences and shit, fail at targeting or anything like this and a whole bunch of player that are already pissed off of bots see you and go nuts....

For me the most risky thing is pvp botting. Just a single battleground can break your neck if the bot fails at whatever.

16. Bulzap

Bulzap Member

The poll is about what you have been banned while doing. No one runs BGs for months with multiply characters 24/7 , you only do it for a limited time to get honor gear. So the risk might be larger/hour but due to the amount of hours being a lot lower you see less bans.

17. botter9000

botter9000 New Member

I wouldn't say "no one," because that is very incorrect. Some of us, including I, use the bot to farm rep as well. (BG-rep) You are possibly right about the 24/7 on MULTIPLE characters.. However all in all, you are still assuming, which makes it a very false post. I bot gathering all day on multiple accounts. I hadn't got banned. Ran BG buddy on an auto-relog for 2 weeks straight while I was offshore- didn't get banned. I honestly don't know exactly what they find that bans you. Though i'm sure selling gold/trading for Store mounts, is a given.

18. Bulzap

Bulzap Member

Your a perfect example yourself. You run gathering more than running doing pvp which was exactly what my post is about. Doesnt change anything that a few people run BGs for months because a lot more run gathering for months - and ofcourse I don't have any statistic that can 100% make me sure that the statement is correct. But take a look around on the forum - what do the majority do?

19. jawetzel

jawetzel New Member

kinda wish that pvp wasn't so extremely exploited, just cringe at the idea of pvping some by hand, and finding out 11 of ur 15 teammates are all playing follow the leader and syncing up targets the entire bg and just letting the flag carrier make laps on u

20. Armin85

Armin85 New Member

Actually the reason why I`m here is PvP-botting. I want to be honest with you guys: It is freaking annoying! As a PvPer who actually likes the total chaos and confusion of Rnd-Bg`s I?m simply fed up with Bots in BGs. But, I follow the code: "If you can`t fight them, JOIN them!". So, here I am.

Let`s be quite frank: Using a bot for farming or leveling purposes is imo completly alright. Nobody is annoyed, nobody is harmed and most people don`t even realize that the people questing around them are actual bots. But BGs are another topic. We destroy (yes destroy!) the gaming experience of those who play without a bot. A lot of people won`t accept that and preassure Blizz to take actions. I`m actually afraid that a lot of BG botters will be banned in the near future.
      Unfortunately BG-botting is spreading like wildfire. I`m sure you all are aware of that. Some BGs are Bot only! In the beginning of MoP it was mostly at night, but nowadays its 24/7. And a lot of people are fed up with that. If you have a look into the official Blizzard Board you?ll see quite a few threads and comments about BG-botting.

That`s my personal reason not to use BG bots at the moment. They are to obvious anyways. I mean... 8 people riding alongside for the whole bg? Come on....

Therefore I`d like to ask if there is a guide somewhere how to create a BG profile. I looked through some guides on questing and grinding, but couldn`t find anything on bgs.