• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [PAID] [Priest] Insanity - An Advanced Honorbuddy Shadow Priest Routine [PvE/PvP]

Discussion in 'Priest' started by Millz, Oct 27, 2013.

1. 4ss4ssinUK

4ss4ssinUK New Member

+1 new priest here could do with a guide on how to setup this CC for these different rotations.
      Great Work TY

2. inoxyde

inoxyde New Member

Hey thx for the update my friend its better :D ( also i am playing demonist with ur cr ) and u make a good work anywasy lets go got one question

if i want to use it on twin mythic with SoD, he will dot phemos and spam pol ? with SoD ? he will be smart to play with SoD ?*

ty for answer my friend and good luck for next works

3. Xeddzul

Xeddzul New Member

I won't bother to link and give myself away to blizzard...but my priest pulled 83rd percentile and 97th block (gear based) tonight on Tectus.

Routinely in the 80-90 block range. Not sure what you're doing as far as set up and movement goes, but you're doing it wrong.

Edit: I suck @ numbers off the top of my head.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    4. stabsincerity

stabsincerity New Member

Any chance you could show us your settings? or upload the .xml you're using? (I'm assuming it's an xml file)

5. Xeddzul

Xeddzul New Member

6.1 Update

==============================================================

Going to try to do a little service work here for Millz as this is hands down the best CR for shadow priests and routinely performs wonderfully for me. Think I've posted in this thread twice and this is not a solicited post but I just feel it's deserved for the amount of works that's been put into this CR (no offense to TuanHA but this is miles ahead of any of the TuanHA CR's I've used on other toons).

First, recommendations for Teir 7 CoP option for each Highmaul fight is below (only for the difficulties that I've completed).

Kargath Normal and Heroic = CoP DoT Weave
      Kargath Mythic = CoP Lite (try to make sure you keep both SW:p and VT up on Kargath while DPS'ing the tigers, may not happen with the default CR if you don't switch targets). Be sure to be running Power Infusion/Insanity here as well.

Butcher Normal and Heroic = CoP DoT Weave. Once again, Power Infusion/Insanity.

Brackenspore Normal and Heroic = CoP Standard (I find standard to be best here for bursting Spore Shooters, otherwise you waste DPS getting dots up on them, you may try CoP Lite but I haven't had as much success with it here). Change to Twist of Fate and Insanity.

Tectus Normal and Heroic = CoP Lite, hands down rapes face here, if you're using anything else, you're doing it wrong. Use Twist of Fate and Insanity (Surge of Darkness pulls ahead if you're raid group is sloppy or you get a bad chain of barrages on you).
      [​IMG]

Twins Normal and Heroic = CoP Standard. Use Power Infusion and Insanity
      Twins Mythic = CoP Lite. Use Surge of Darkness and Power Infusion

Ko'ragh Normal and Heroic = CoP Standard. I prefer Twist of Fate and Insanity but Power Infusion may actually be really really close here.

Imperator Normal and Heroic = CoP DoTWeave w/ Twist of Fate and Insanity all day.

Overall, pulled the highest dps for me hands down to the immense amount of movement in this fight. Sadly your burst at the start looks like shit, BUT:
      [​IMG]
      ============================================
      The Link to Tectus right there I think says it all...That was a 7 minute 30 second heroic kill that took place this evening INCLUDING getting Crystalline Barrage 3 times. The Bracket % (far right) is basically a percentage ranking based on gear. I could link similar results from every other encounter in Highmaul, unfortunately, I'm lazy.
      ============================================
      Blackrock Foundry Normal and Heroic Recommendations:

So, I'm not doing normals on my SP and guild only went 4/10 heroic this week but here are my recommendations after trying a few different specs this past week as well as going back through a couple of the fights on Tuesday.

Gruul: Insanity + Halo - CoP DotWeave (new version). Performance was a little lower than I would have liked here due to movement however, was pulling a solid 26k @ 670 ilvl

Hans and Franz: Insanity (Could try surge of darkness but I found it to be a DPS drop) + Halo - CoP Lite. Due to the amount of movement during this fight and opportunity to multi-dot, I felt CoP Lite to be best here but am open to suggestions. I also tried DoTWeave but dropped my dps by nearly 10%. 27.4k DPS on Heroic with CoP Lite.

Beastlord: CoP Standard with Mind Sear set @ 5 targets (Insanity and . Allows us the best burst on spears when necessary. I also played with manually targeting spears and casting SW:p on them manually. Was able to pull huge DPS numbers (39.1k) doing this, but ultimately, it's ineffective DPS as it's costing you DPS on Beastlord and his adds. Stick to Beastlord as a target and spears either as your raid clears them or shortly before (we clean them up before dragon (P3) so I start dotting when 2nd phase is rounding down. Obviously, target spears if people get caught...

Oregorger: CoP Standard here hands down. Need the burst of CoP Standard for crates. I spent my time running insanity but will be playing with surge of darkness here tomorrow night. This fight isn't so much about maximizing total DPS output, but more about DPS'ing the right things at the right times with the right amount of burst. I also swap from Body and Soul to Angelic Feather (self) hotkeyed for this fight. (Shift+C) auto targets myself and casts a feather on me. Unfortunately, depending on your target, there may be some issues with this (not sure if it's the CR or what) but it works more or less, just might have to clear your target before/after using). Use Dispersion liberally if you get caught off guard by Oregorger during a roll phase.

Wednesday 2/11 will be a farm/clear night of these 4 again for me even though I did 2 on my own Tuesday, hoping we're 7/10H by the end of the week but might only be 6 depending on people showing up.

Should have some good options for Flamebinder and others by this time next week.
      ===========================================
      The Basics

Basically, I'm spec'd for:

Desperate Prayer, Body and Soul, Insanity (always), (teir 4 doesn't matter), Twist of Fate or Power Infusion, Halo, Clarity of Power.

I use Vampiric Embrace manually based on when I think the raid needs it, had it set @ 10 players below 75% which seemed good for awhile, but prefer to save it so I don't overlap when a tranquility or healing tide goes out.

I also use healing tonics instead of healthstones at all times.

As far as gear is concerned, I consider optimal gear to be CoP Standard gear (mastery/multistrike). Unbuffed @ ilvl 662 I'm now sitting on 9.95% crit, 14.48% haste, 44.93% mastery, 20.89% Multistrike, 0.6% Versatility.
      Other things to note that will have an effect on your DPS:

1.) Movement - Always disable Honorbuddy/CR based movement. Movement should be done manually to avoid it clipping spells for 6 inch movement due to range. Also, always be sure to STRAFE rather than turning and moving whenever possible. Strafing will allow the bot to continue casting your instant cast spells during movement.
      2.) Latency/FPS - I experience a significant drop in DPS anytime my latency exceeds 100ms or FPS drops below 12. (I run on a shitty old desktop with crapcastic cable...)
      3.) Bad RNG/Mechanics - A rough patch of Crystalline Barrage on Tectus or having to perform stack swaps on butcher, carry flame thrower on Brack, bad fire on Twins, absorbing overflowing energy on Ko'ragh, being the branded guy on Imperator, will also drop your DPS an non-insignificant amount.
      4.) Kill Strategy - Some guilds use a more conservative 'easier' kill strategy on boss fights than others. Sometimes this forces more movement and can cause your DPS to be sub-par.
      5.) Healing/Raid Assist/Shield on Movement - Assisting the raid with emergency heals, shields, or shielding yourself during movement or at lower health will also account for a DPS loss. This doesn't mean don't do it, just know that you won't perform maximum DPS. Sadly, not all of us have amazing healers and sometimes this is needed.
      6.) Consumables - Don't forget, you should always be using a Greater Draenic Intellect Flask, Pre-pot and pot again on hero (int pots obv...) and if you really want to do well, focus augment runes (I save these for progression content).
      I've also gone ahead and attached my configuration files that I use for each of these fights. I simply, class config/load profile each time we're moving from boss to boss killing trash.

Any questions, feel free to PM or respond here and I'll reply when I can.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
      rockz and Millz like this.
    6. Xeddzul

Xeddzul New Member

See above, was already in progress as a couple users had requested my settings last week.

7. Millz

Millz Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Hey - The play style varies depending on which rotation/talents you choose. You're best off targeting Pol though as that's the one that interrupts, so the routine can react to it.

This is a brilliant guide! Thanks very much for posting it. I've added a link to it from the first post of the thread.

8. Tidus66606

Tidus66606 New Member

Not sure what's been in the latest update, but for some reason the DoT Weave rotation I've noticed at least doesn't do the proper rotation anymore. It doesn't clip insanity to cast mind blast. Also after 4 shadow orbs the rotation (correct) was doing mind spike - Shadow word: Pain - Vamp touch - Mindblast into DP insanity mindblast insanity clipping the insanity to cast mindblast.

Now it's casting the full duration of insanity and casting Vamp touch after the mind blast starting the dot weaving process. This is a massive dps loss and I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen. I've tried the builds noted above for each fight, and the pre loaded default pve rotation and the past 2 days I've only lost a huge amount of dps.

9. Millz

Hey - The DoT Weave rotation changed to a new 'style' which maximized the time spent between Mind Blast cooldowns. It's a higher DPS rotation than the older style.

10. Tidus66606

Tidus66606 New Member

I can only go by what I've seen the past few days. I've used Dot Weave CoP an the bot struggles to even get 21k dps. I'm 666 item level. Then I try again with single target myself with the "old" rotation and I'm pulling 26k+ I don't understand why the rotation would change at all as there has been no hotfix that effects shadow priests. Mind blast should always be cast over an insanity tick. I'm in a raid currently and an insanity would crit 21k at its highest and minblast would crit for 56k at its highest. The bot is fantastic at AOE damage and is normally top when fighting 3-4 targets but has dropped an insane amount of dps with this new change single target.

11. Madcatz

Madcatz Member

So is there not a Free Ver of this anymore sense before Wod there was a free ver so was wondering sense Wod is like 2 months old there might be a updated free ver

12. Xeddzul

Xeddzul New Member

Post your settings file and I'll take a look at it to see if I can help at all. I was 659 through last raid and had no problem pulling 25k+ on Kargath and Butcher.

13. Millz

I'll add a setting so you can use the old rotation in the next build.

Not yet, sorry. Still haven't had time to creating it. Focusing on the paid rotations first.

14. Tidus66606

Tidus66606 New Member

Logs from last night and settings file.

Attached Files:

15. Farfalla

Farfalla New Member

Heho,

Is there a way to have Devouring Plague being cast to reset the Void Entropy timer on single targets? With having Mind Flay as filler Devouring Plague would be good to turn into Insanity and reset Void Entropy. I currently am expecting that it isn't being cast at all once the Void Entropy is set. Anyone else experiencing that?

Cheers, m.

16. nowyouseeme

nowyouseeme New Member

@Farfalla I'm pretty sure the CR is only optimized using the CoP talent because that is by far the best end talent to pick.

17. Farfalla

Farfalla New Member

@nowyouseeme - thanks for your quick reply. should i then use mind spike as filler when using CoP ? Or stick with Mind Flay?

Thank you :)

18. nowyouseeme

nowyouseeme New Member

depending on the fight you'll need to switch between Insanity or Surge of Darkness. Xedd have drawn up a most excellent fight by fight boss talent and CR changes per boss fight. Millz threw up the link in the opening thread.

19. Farfalla

Farfalla New Member

awesome - thanks!

20. Millz

Some of the settings are a bit messed up at the beginning but that seemed to be solved after you loaded the PvE.xml file.

The rotation seemed correct on the butcher fight (didn't check further than that, it's a big log). I'll add the old rotation back in with a setting so you can choose yourself which to use.

It should be using DP to refresh void entropy once the buff is below 20s and 3 or more orbs available.