• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Profile Changer

Discussion in 'Archives' started by katzerle, Apr 12, 2011.

1. jeremiah06

jeremiah06 New Member

Katzerle,

Would you post a screen shot or a step for step setup guide of how to setup this plugin?? I have the zones I want to farm in yet I cannot figure out how to get the hearth/ portals to work so I can change continents. I can set it up to farm in just one continent and just fly between zones but the hearth and portals will not work.

So a setup guide or screenshots would be nice since I am trying to go from Uldum > hearth > Vash port> hearth > Uldum > ....... so forth for all 12 profiles just different times.

2. katzerle

katzerle New Member

Heyho
      I will upload a Quickfix for the broken Portals today.

Vashijr isn't possible at the Moment because HB has Problems to move from the Base to open Water. He alsways trys to mount up the Seahorse on Land. I tried many different solutions, but wasn't able to get the hydrophobic Bot walk into the Water. ;)

A Example for Farming and Setup:
      first Route is in Uldum then use heartstone and goto Twilight Highlands
      Farm there in TH, then go back to SW through Portal and goto Hyjal
      farm there in Hyjal, heartstone and back to Uldum

Setup:
      First Bind your Heartstone to Stormwind. And manually go to Uldum. Load a GB2-Profile (maybe the Uldum one with which you want to start) and choose Gatherbuddy2 as Botbase.
      Line 1 in Settings:
      Profile in First Line is your Uldum Profile, use Heartstone in Line 1 checked and Portal in Line 1 is SW --> Twilight Highland.
      This means: He will farm the choosen Uldum Route x minutes, after this Minutes he will use the Heartstone (to SW) and then walk through the Portal to TH.
      Line 2 in Settings:
      Profile is your Twilight Highland Route, use Heartstone in Line 2 checked and Portal in Line 2 is SW --> Hyjal. Now he will use Heartstone to SW and the Hyjalportal after he farms the given Minutes in TH.
      Line 3 in Settings:
      Profile is your Twilight Highland Route, use Heartstone in Line 3 checked and Portal in Line 3 is SW --> Hyjal. Now he will use Heartstone to SW and the Uldumportal after he farms the given Minutes in Hyjal.
      Then he loads the First Profile again and starts from beginning with farming in Uldum...

3. DalordUrgod

DalordUrgod New Member

Hi Jeremiah
      I think I know what you are trying to do so I will try and explain how to by explaining what I do and how I do it :)

I use this to run a rout in twilight Highlands and one in Uldum ( 2 in each actual since I reversed them both):

I am hearthed in WS and manual get him to Twilight highlands to start
      ( I assume you intend to use for GB2)

profile 1 : ?Twilight Profile1.XML?, run for XX minutes, Use ?Twilight Highlands to SW? portal
      Profile 2 : ?SW Inn to SW Portals.xml? run for 1 minute Use ?SW to Uldum? portal
      Profile 3: ?Uldum Profile1.xml?, run for XX minutes, Use Hearth , Use ?SW to Twilight? portal
      profile 4 : ?Twilight Profile2.xml?, run for XX minutes, Use ?Twilight Highlands to SW? portal
      Profile 5 : ?SW Inn to SW Portals.xml? run for 1 minute Use ?SW to Uldum? portal
      Profile 6: ?Uldum Profile2.xml?, run for XX minutes, Use Hearth , Use ?SW to Twilight? portal

Profiles 4 and 6 are the same as 1 and 3 but with way points reversed
      ( just cut the way points and use this link to reverse them: Reverse lines - TextOpus - all text tools You need!

Profile 2 and 5 is just a 1 waypoint profile that I use to transition between portals ( see attached)

Attached Files:

4. zuabros

zuabros Active Member

BINGO!

Plugin setup, from your friend ZUABROS...

:)

This will go from twilight -> uldum -> hyjal

Start the plugin in twilight... load the twilight profile... start the bot. PROFIT!

[​IMG]

P.S. just added the profiles for convenience... those files won't be updated.

Attached Files:

5. soussi

soussi Member

KAtz i m thinking would it be possible to implement also a portal summon of the DK? And maybe change the botbase when switching profiles?
      for example: Herbing in Twilight -->portal DK --> Archeology --> heartstone Org --> Hyjal ...
      That would be freaking amazing if we could also change bots with it for fishing or arching ... ;D

6. FEUP

FEUP New Member

It doesnt save settings per character?
      For me it didnt and well, it didnt end well , all died of fatigue.
      Add :

ObjectManager.Me.Name in settings filename and load it individually for each Character would be a good addition to the plugin,

When bot crash etc it will try start from the first profile used at least is what is happening to me, is possible to save last profile in settings so when you started honorbuddy again it would load last profile, if it failled it could check 1 by 1 if profile is in same continent than bot currently is ? If not it checks the other profiles in the list.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
    7. WrathofGod

WrathofGod New Member

Does this go to Vashj'ir? I must be overlooking that portal.

Also how could I get this to go to Notherend or Outland?

Thanks bunches,
      Wrath

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
    8. Krizid

Krizid Member

i start the profile with vashj and it works, since for first profile you manually go to the first farm location.

9. k4ne

k4ne New Member

fucking great plugin to make the bot more human like !

THANKS !!!

10. WrathofGod

WrathofGod New Member

So you have it start in Vashj'ir? Then hearht out? Is that a good place for mining?

11. katzerle

katzerle New Member

The Problem in Vashjir is, that the Bot has Problems to walk from the Point where you appear after using the Portal into the Water. He wants always to mount up the seahorse and also the navigator isn't moving correctly into the Water there. It's a tricky problem. I wasn't able to solve it, so Vashjir Portal is not supported yet. You only could farm in Vashjir if you take it as your first Profile and then use Heartstone and quit Bot after last Profile.

I just have a info because of all Ideas of further Improvement of this Plugin (like Botbase Change, support for other Portals like Vashjir/Outland etc)
      Because of some changings in the near Future of my Real Life I will not be able to take care of these Plugin any more.
      So in the next days or weeks another Member this really nice community will take over the support of Profile Changer.
      At the Moment he rewrites the Sourcecode and soon he will bring out a new Profile Changer. :D
      So on this Point, Thank you very much: DalordUrgod for your help and good ideas and that you will take care of these Plugin.

Till he's ready to take over I will only keep this Plugin alive (Bugfixing and new Botversions) and will not implement new things.
      Wo if something doesn't work any more just post here. You also could offer here your improvements, so we will keep them in mind. :)
      If he is ready we will change the Updater and your actual installed Profile Changer update automatically to the new one.

Thank you very much for the great time :D
      katzerle

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
    12. Stormchasing

Stormchasing Community Developer

Hi Katzerle,

can u implement 2 features pls? :)
      - Changing Botbase per Profile
      - Use Item (or maybe do some other Actions) before or after change (i think before should be better in this case) -> Reason: Using HS or Portal to shorten the ways, train, or whatever ... maybe in a way like in ProfessionBuddy?
      In this way we maybe Could implement something like:
      - Do some Dailys
      - Switch Profile
      - Do some other Dailys
      - Switch Character and start from the with
      - Do some Dailys
      - Switch Profile
      - Do some other Dailys

I think many of the botters here have more than one lvl85, and will do some actions on all toons, in this way it should be possible without interaction of the user (after setting it up correctly)

13. WrathofGod

WrathofGod New Member

@Katzerle

Thanks for the update. I definitly understand how rl stuff is more important than this. Gl with it. Hopefuly the person who takes this over puts as much effort into it as you did.

14. Krizid

Krizid Member

Yes start in Vashj have it hearth out. Mining and Herbing is great there. on my server no competition.

edit: When u start in vashj (depends how much questing you have completed) you will have to move ur toon underwater. on land like what Katzerle said bot will have problems.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
    15. DalordUrgod

DalordUrgod New Member

Hi All
      I will be releasing ProfileChangerII this weekend (assuming Katzerle gives it the approval)
      it is a complete rewrite of the main file (ProfileChanger.cs) in preparation for additional changes

it will be a new thread and, until Katzerle decides she has had enough of my mucking up her code and takes it back, it will be a completely different plugin that will require that you install it in a folder called ?ProfileChangerII? I will do a proper writeup on the new thread but wanted to make this announcement here for now :)
      The first release will have some logic changes that will be explained in due course but will essentially run pretty much the same as the current version

Planed changes are:
      the ability to add portals by updating an XML
      the ability to mix combinations of portals
      the ability to select an option to have the bot start a profile that matches your current continent
      the ability to have the bot run for XX hrs
      different profiles for each toon ?

the rest of the requests I have seen here will come later assuming they are not limited by HB structure.

16. Milchmann

Milchmann New Member

sounds nice. any news?

17. katzerle

katzerle New Member

We are bugfixing the ProfileChangerII at the Moment ;)

18. soussi

soussi Member

Ooh very nice. I tried to use profile changer as a grind profile changer to do instances. I noticed that profile changer doesnt work if i am in an instance it somekinda bugs. When i am outside and choose a profile to go in it stands in front of the portal and profile changer sias (started profile and ended = done) Would it be possible to add somekind of possibility to enter instances. I know i ask a lot but farming instances is only posible by hand :( With this i could make it wait some time till it recets and such. would be even more superb if there would be an dungeon recetter lign :D

Thx for listenin and ant wait to use profile changer2.
      Thanks Katz for all the work u put in it! And thanks DalordUrgod for taking over!

19. madmaximka

madmaximka Active Member

we really need this feature! ty 4 your work.

20. soussi

soussi Member

Yh would want that implemented too plz :D