• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • PureRotation V2

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Stormchasing, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Soeski

Soeski Member

This is hard to compare. Maybe more healing was simply not needed? Or did other healers go OOM? 505 ilvl is already above avg. for LFR. I too have very different results in LFR, but no single fight and group is the same so it's really hard to say what the problem is. Having said that, my Resto Shaman goes OOM really fast using default settings. Low ilvl sure, but still... going OOM at boss health 85% is not fun :)

2. Clubwar

Clubwar Member

Yesterday i kill 6/12 normal mode, whit alters raid, my shammy have 509 and always i am the last in skada healing, i try put more use of mana and healing, always kill boss whit 20-30% mana, and never cant get better score, and 2 druid under 500 item gear level, get more HPS

3. fragnot

fragnot Member

My resto druid, with same ilvl, can do 3x HPS than this resto shaman rotation here.

I know how to play resto shaman, and the rotations is just not correct - maybe correct. But its not functioning at all.

Please fix it.

4. Soeski

Soeski Member

I'm also last in healing with Resto Shaman in LFR, but that's probably because I OOM really quick. I get about 20-26K HPS (ilvl 465).

5. Xcesius

Xcesius Community Developer

Hello Prince_HCM,

Could you please try the latest update.

Oh and use RC (Runic Corruption)

Thanks.

6. Stormchasing

Stormchasing Community Developer

When it is wrong, tell us what's wrong !
      When it is maybe wrong ... tell us what should be different!
      No input from users, no fix by devs, very easy.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that we won't help, but without knowing what is wrong /not working / should be changed, we can't do anything

7. bennyquest

bennyquest Community Developer

to all the healers. I'm currently working on Mistweaver rotation. I have made vast improvement from where it was at. a lot of the issues that people are having is with the healing manager, wulf of course is currently working on Oracle to fix these issues. I cannot speak for resto shaman , but I can't speak for discipline priest and Mistweaver monk as I use them currently Multi boxing in my 10 man group. I will level my shaman up and see if i can help on the rotation before oracle comes out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TheBuddyForum mobile app

8. fragnot

fragnot Member

Well, i wonder if they have even played with it..

Its not casting the following spells properly :

Chain Heal
      Healing Rain
      Water Shield

Besides that, it seems "slow" coded of some sort.

9. Stormchasing

Stormchasing Community Developer

it is:
      using Healing Rain
      using Chain Heal
      not using Water Shield except in precombat phase

and yes we played with it :)
      last tweaks where done for mana regeneration by millz, of course i can add the water shield also in the combat phase (not a big deal) but for everything else i can't do anything without a log!!!

The only things i could do atm is overiding the current healmanager to a very simplified version which could be faster, but all in all... no change without logs

10. fragnot

fragnot Member

Did you just try it now or are you just talking ?

The LFR i did earlier today, resulted in the LOW HPS i posted. Which is that low because of no chain healing, healing rain and so on. I will try a new LFR tomorrow, and save the log.

I hope it works :/

11. Dart01902

Dart01902 Member

Ok so tested in a raid enviroment and even with engineering gloves dissabled the BM routine still gets stuck.

12. axi

axi Member

13. Stoyo

Stoyo New Member

View attachment 2572 2013-07-09 20.12.txt

Tested Holy Paladin in LFR. It doesn't do any AOE healing. 0 Light of Down casts. 0 Holy Radiance Casts, 1 Holy Prism cast. Dead last on healing on heavy AOE healing fight.

14. bennyquest

Stoyo, you need to update tyrael it is throwing errors and all i could see is you were doing trash.

15. bennyquest

Also everyone who uses pr for healing. It works better when framelocked. Framelock and lfr do not work well which is why a lot of lfr is not good for solid tests. Make sure you enable the framelock in healing setfings as well.

16. fragnot

fragnot Member

Gonna do a LFR now with my shaman, will do as "bennyquest" suggested, and post the log here. I hope it will go really well !

17. fragnot

fragnot Member

This is from LFR Primordius fight. Purerotation SVN updated, Tyrael etc.

Did 10% of healing done, the other healers were at 16-22%.

Went OOM when the boss had 50% health back.

New updated log from next LFR boss Dark Animus :

PS . Went OOM allready on the adds that spawns before the boss gets killed.

This is NOT working !

Attached Files:

18. bennyquest

let me explains some things first about healing, especially healing with a bot.

Let me lay down some baselines to start with.

When healing, topping meters does not mean someone is a better healer or the routine is outperforming everyone.
      Certain classes can top a meter a lot easier depending on fights. if there is a high damage burst to everyone in the raid, you can bet your bottom that a druid or monk with tranq and revival will top meters even if they heal rarely other than that.
      Pumping out massive amount of heals usually generates into massive amounts of overheal as well. Once again, classes that are not straight up smarts healing(atonement disc priests) usually overheal. Monks and druids tend to have a lot of overheal to do the nature of their big heals being HoTs.

Now that I have somewhat set a baseling lets understand how PureRotation currently heals.

First it prioritizes certain roles tanks for example it heals over other players. Why you ask? Well no tank alive means the boss is beating on us or a dps...
      Second it then checks to see if certain criteria are met, one being should we single heal or AOE heal. This is where settings come into play. As you notice there is a setting on the healing tab that allows you to set the amount of people AOE checks for and what HP percent they are at. for it to kick into AOE healing. Now, that being said. lets think about what heals classes use as AoE and what checks must be made. As I mostly play a priest and monk for healing I will use them for example. With disc priest its AoE means it cast Prayer of healing....which is a cast on group heal group spell not area around caster check or anything like that very straightforward. With monk AoE healing, say spinning crane kick. You have to be in range of your healing targets( if my memory servers me correctly holy radiance would be the same). All this checks have to happen and align properly or it will not do it.
      Third You have your single target heals they are straightforward most the time. players has low health heal him if the proper checks are made.

Now lets set the stage a little more lets say we have my priest for example. and we are in a raid and we are trying to heal in a boss fight.

this is what the bot would do.

1. Do I have my buffs and am able to heal everyone? if yes proceed if no get what I need.
      2. Is tank high enough HP from my settings that I have for single target healing? If yes don't heal him move on, if no heal him then return to top.
      3. Should we AoE heal or Single target heal players? If AoE move to Aoe, if Single Move to single.
      A. Aoe, how many targets are low and are the able to be healed by my aoe? If the amount is right for the settings you have and they can be healed it will AoE heal then return to the top.
      B. Single target heal, is my healing target capable of being healed? what spell should I use according to my settings? It will check these then decide what spell to cast via our settings. and proceed accordingly.

Now that I have said all this, Hopefully people will understand that when a bot heals there is low overhealing because it is REACTIVE healing. It heals after damage is taken. Real players know when that big damage is coming and can act accordingly. Right now Pure cannot do this with the current heal manager. As the heal manager does not know that lightning storm is coming or the raid is about to get hit by an acid bomb, or rampage is happening right now. it just knows A people took damage or B people have not taken damage.

Hopefully I cleared some things up for everyone asking about healing, I feel as though storm and everyone else who has been trying to make the healing limp by until oracle comes out would agree with me that we know it is Pure is not epic at healing but it does work. Maybe not Heroic ToT currently but I know it does work.

19. bennyquest

One of the issues with the primordius fight is, the bot tries to dispel good buffs and just spams dispel most the time. That is part of the healing manager/dispel manager issues I have brought it to light once before but I do not have the coding knowledge to fix it. Storm might be able to, but it may not be worth the time to correct it before oracle...assuming oracle does not hit a lot of snags from now until it is ready.

20. fragnot

fragnot Member

Benny, can you please look at the log i just posted.

Its not meant to go OOM before the real encounter even starts. Im sure there's something up, and maybe you can find out what it is through the logs.

Im not a coder, and dont know the difference between PR and for example "leaves".

But i can tell you theres a huge difference in the healing output and the general "feel" to it.

Please check the log :)