• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • PVP Arena BOT PLZ

Discussion in 'Archives' started by erathius, Sep 10, 2011.

1. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Apoc was adding the latency handling with Singular as the test case, so regardless whether CanCast() is used [I'm pretty sure it is] once the GCD improvements are in place melee should realize the improvement with Singular.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
    2. Zacharybinx34

Zacharybinx34 New Member

Now if we can just get a new HB release soon.

=/

3. neodite

neodite New Member

wow, so much rage here. Thankyou for you post bobby, always loved your work.

I don't know why people jumped to the assumption I was bashing HB CC's.

Facts are facts, and I hope the next HB release fixes this issue (I don't want to have to use 2 bots for DPS/HPS that my toon can do)

Seems to be alot of people here that are happy with there current DPS with HB (And thats fine) but for the people that want/know there toons can do alot better DPS, we will have to see what the next release brings.

4. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

I'm bowing out of this thread which has been severely hijacked - see title: PVP ARENA BOT PLZ

5. neodite

neodite New Member

Well the point was Arena will never be viable with this "delay" or whatever you want to call it.

Altho the OP probably ment a botbase that would queue up, join, pewpew, leave. And repeat (I carn't even remember anymore :p)

6. MrBig

MrBig Member

Problems with any bots core in the spell casting code can be overriden if they allow you to cast without introduzing delays in the spell casting code, all you need to do is implement the cancast yourself. I have done this in a series of CCs i made for a bot that came before HB, it was terribad at everything except targetting (and even that... ), still, managed to get some good CCs out.

Check this vid out : BigDruid by MrBig - YouTube

PS : that bot had a terrible spell casting code, you couldnt cast anything under 2 secs delay, i actually implemented the whole code for it, including facing and what not.

If anyone needs it :
      PS2: HB right now needs some kind of position prediction system, for example in PVP, it will move forward to follow someone in a series of "jumps" instead of continuous following, this is really bad for melee, a prediction system would be cool because it would also allow you to cancel spells earlier since it could probably predict line of sight. That or make the damn follow code actually follow

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011