• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • RareFinder - The Ultimate Rare Pet Profile

Discussion in 'Pets' started by nate8282, Apr 23, 2012.

1. explicit

explicit New Member

Will this profile automatically tame the owl when I get rid of my armor prior to starting the bot?

Thank's for answer!

2. nate8282

nate8282 Member Legendary

If your talking about Ban'thalos, the profile can't tame that once it's too complicated to tame with a profile, you have to stand on top of a tree to reach him, which isn't easy to do. However if you use the addon NPCScan like i mentioned in the first post it will alert you when you find a rare, that way you can run the profile and if you hear the sound u can check it out and manually tame if you need to.

3. explicit

explicit New Member

ok thanks for reply!

4. JustinTense

JustinTense New Member

Great Profile! Just a few notes for fellow farmers...

Make sure Rarekiller saves your settings to tame pets.. As in restart honorbuddy to make sure the settings save! The first time I ran this my huntard flew right down to Gondria and one shot him.. My advice is to use the "Tame pet by ID" option on a random beast to test before farming.

Also since FPSWare is not updated, make sure you set "Disable Pet Usage" to false in Singular's class options.

After I got everything set up, I ran it for about 4-6 hours and ended up with 5 rares :).

5. Sniper

Sniper New Member

Hey, Thanks for the profile and the hard work:)
      i have a wierd problem, when i run the profile it writes this error - "Err: Unable to find profile: HBProfiles\GatheringProfiles\Uldum\Alliance\(GB2)(Uldum.Nuetral)Mines&Herbs.xml" and he is going to the boat and get to northerend, when he reaches Northerend he is just standing on the deck and not moving writing in the profile info "waiting x minutes", any idea whats the problem?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
    6. nate8282

I just tested it with no problems. The error you got means that it's defaults profile that it loads (it needs to load something) at the begging either is missing or has been changed. You need to make sure that profile is still there, or that the name wasn't changed, it's part of the download for profession buddy, i would do a fresh install of that, if that doesn't work do a full install of the whole bot.

7. Sniper

Sniper New Member

I've managed to run it, i've put the files in the wrong folder :)
      but now i have another problem >.<, when i run it to Vashir (to catch Ghostcrawler) it is constantly mounting and mounting off, it is also trying to go to the surface and mount a Flying mount
      do i need to configure it differently to Vashir?

thanks for the quick answer

8. nate8282

unfortunately that is the way Professionbuddy handles flying coordinates near water, for some reason the author hasn't seemed interested in fixing that. I was working on using walking coordinates so that you don't run into that problem, but the problem with that is everyone will have to have the same starting point, which they don't depending on when they stopped questing in Vash. I was working on one that works with the cave, if that's your starting point, i can finish that if you'd like, but that's about all i can do.

9. Sniper

Sniper New Member

would be nice if u could finish it :)

10. Stalker

Stalker New Member

Is there a way so the bot can scan only lets say Zul'Drak in nothrends ?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    11. nate8282

I made this profile specifically to gather all available rares in wow when you have a new hunter. The way it works is it uses a random profile that is located in the zone folder that you have set to true, IE if you set Northrend to true it will randomly select a profile from the Northrend folder located it \Bots\ProfessionBuddy\Profiles\Rares\Northrend\Horde\. So if you want it to farm only a specific area located in a specific zone, you need to add a profile that farms that specific area and put in the zone folder. When i made this i just made one huge profile for each zone. Unfortunately when they remade the bot they put all the old farming profiles for specific pets in the archive, so now you have to make your own. Before you could just download the ones you want and add them to my folders.

One other thing you can do is edit the TameableMobs file within rarekiller and delete the ones you don't want, that way he just kills them and only tames the ones you want.

If you decide to make your own profile i highly recommend http://www.thebuddyforum.com/honorb...plugin-zaprecorder2-profile-recorder-gb2.html, the author made making profiles super easy, it simply records where you fly all you have to do is select start and stop.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    12. nate8282

Ok it's not very pretty, but it works. It doesn't look quite as bottish as before, but it does mount up and fly once even though i don't have any flying cords in the profile, it seems the author has set it to do that automatically. I could bypass that by doing more moveto cords instead of fly, but then he woudln't mount and it would take forever, i think this is a happy medium, also i don't have any alliance characters so i have no idea if this will work with them or not, i dunno where their starting area is. This will only work if your starting area is in Smuggler's Scar.

Attached Files:

13. Stalker

Stalker New Member

Thx for the reply, but i still got some problems as i can chose combat bot to rune with Profession budy, that window is blanked for me, so i need to stay by the pc when he is LF the pet.

14. nate8282

i dunno what it is for certain but i remember having that problem before, you're just gonna have to fiddle with it. Do things like delete plugins, install proffessionbuddy fresh from the svn, maybe check out the professionbuddy forum and see if anyone else posted having that problem.

15. Stalker

Stalker New Member

Thx a lot ! As i say'd before - epic and very usefull profile :)

16. Taylor d

Taylor d New Member

Wonderful bot, thank you for all the hard work. its greatly appreciated. One quick question though. i am running it for vashj'ir to catch ghostcrawler. i place it in abandoned reef and it does one path around, then ventures out towards the ruins of vashj'ir and then towards the ruins of thelserai and then back towards abandoned reef. why does it path out there and then circle back? and is there a way to just have the bot path abandoned reef for ghostcrawler. thank you ^_^

17. nate8282

The Profile will search for all Rares in the zone. If you want to have it farm just one specific rare, then you need to find or make a profile for that rare and put it in the folder of that zone, so find or make a profile for ghostcrawler and put it in the zone folder ie, "\Bots\ProfessionBuddy\Profiles\Rares\Vashjir\Horde\"

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    18. Taylor d

Taylor d New Member

19. Killaseven

Killaseven New Member

Multiprofile: ProfilePath: C:\Users\Killer7\Desktop\Le Honour\Bots\ProfessionBuddy\Profiles\Rares\Hyjal\Horde not found

I get this error :(... any help for this? I didnt change anything...

20. nate8282

it's saying that the folder \Rares\Hyjal\Horde isn't located in the Bots\Professionbuddy\Profiles folder, i would double check the path and also make sure the spelling is correct.