• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [Release] Demonbuddy - Glorious Monday build (#252)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Nesox, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Bomtox

Bomtox Guest

True, at least put a download link for some older versions which worked perfectly, like 222 build.

2. lazygun247

lazygun247 New Member

The .222 build is nonfunctional at the moment. I tested it and it seems to just crash. Maybe i needed a little bit more set up but w/e.

i downgraded to the 227 build and it is working nicely. The explore dungeon function is turned on (buggy) but the stuff I am running doesn't use it. I wish i had the 242 one but w/e this is much better than the 250.

3. Farix

Farix Member

Pathprecision is a useless tag modifier in profiles. Proof = use a profile with it, use the same profile without it. ZERO DIFFERENCE. Pathprecision effects melee more than range, but even so - still useless.

4. Epicknight

Epicknight New Member

Where do you get 227 build from?

5. fckwarden

fckwarden New Member

this is just sad... :(

why is this happening..

6. fckwarden

fckwarden New Member

awww

so everytime theres an update all old profiles/plugins are broken?

7. randyboy

randyboy New Member

This build is pretty much broken.

Is there an archive of old versions?

8. randyboy

randyboy New Member

Edit: double-post...

9. Farix

Farix Member

Okay guys, I guess I'll help you out and give you a chunk of wisdom, since people don't seem to be learning. (Ground hog day, anyone?)

1. Never immediately update any piece of software, ever, until you see the communities feedback on bugs, issues, etc.
      2. If you do decide to update, back up your current demonbuddy in a ZIP file BEFORE updating.
      3. Stop having issues with non-working updates.

10. randyboy

randyboy New Member

I've learnt my lesson for sure and will do this from now on...

11. r0sc0

r0sc0 New Member

I don't use trinity unstuck there is problems with nav or pathing issue.

12. Farix

Farix Member

Nevermind. Apparently, even though DB requires an auth code (and all german users should not have any working ones) it's apparently not okay to allow people to download DB if they're paying customers and want to revert to an older version. Shittastic!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
    13. lazygun247

lazygun247 New Member

I saved every version that worked without flaws before upgrading. Kinda why i didn't save 242 since it was buggy. Wierd though, cause when I went through my files, i had one labeled as 241 and I dont see a release for that so I have no idea where that came from lol

14. GilesSmith

GilesSmith New Member

This is the first time I've seen it happen that I can remember, and the routines/profiles themselves shouldn't have really had such a high pathprecision before a useobject anyway (pathprecision should be used wisely). However - you can't blame any routine/profile makers, as it *DID* work before - it's just that in past DB versions, DB was a bit wiser at running forward 10 paces to interact with an object, the new one seems to decide that being *PERFECTLY ON TOP* of an object but 20 feet above it... is closer than being *3 feet away, but at the same level*.

Still, it takes any user less than 60 seconds to fix for themselves for the routine you run, and the routine/profile makers probably already have fixed versions out too :)

15. fckwarden

fckwarden New Member

actually it is not less than 60seconds if you have 10+ bots.. especially with 1bot/vm setup

the problem with update not being compatible with old profile/plugin is the main reason why "FREE" profiles are not made anymore... If I have time I could create my own profile but I would also quit supporting or re-doing them over and over and over again... when there is an update to DB.

the word "UPDATE" is supposed to mean "GOOD THING" and not the other way around...

16. GilesSmith

GilesSmith New Member

Running VM's is user-choice. Updating one file and then copying it over/editing it in all 10 bots won't take long at all - and it's not like you don't have to take time updating plugins/profiles for them all anyway, if you have no mechanisms in place to copy files between the VM's.

As for no "free" profiles anymore... ummm? I don't know of any routines or profiles that are not free. All the best ones are free. And Trinity (my plugin) is also free. People that make money from their bots should definitely donate to say thank you for the time invested (since they probably wouldn't be making as much money or be able to run as many bots without our work) - but it's not forced. You can have everything for free and keep all your money to yourself, if that's how you like to live life - nobody's stopping you, though some of us may guilt-trip you a little ;)

The path-precisions should have been low (1-2) in those moveto tags before the useobjects ALREADY - they weren't - which meant that eventually, an update would make that lack of sensible use of pathprecision hurt sooner or later - and sure enough, it did. I'm not blaming anyone for this. Nobody was warned it would happen. But anyway.

And lucky for you, some of us don't quit updating things over and over, or we wouldn't have many cool things available to use with DemonBuddy... :)

17. fckwarden

fckwarden New Member

Well this is very true.. and i/we hope that you do not quit updating your profile...

but it is sad to see people go.. i have seen a few profile maker/editor left because they need to re-work their profile from time to time.. and it is a hassle...

18. zippysticks

zippysticks New Member

I think this can all be solved if they increase the default interactrange for all useobjects and/or explorearea tags into the DB core.

19. Ghibli

Ghibli New Member

Nop, they promised windows 8 compatibility over a month ago and still nothing. I HAVE to run VM because DB doesn't support windows 8

20. zippysticks

zippysticks New Member

Well, it can go both ways, you don't HAVE to keep windows 8, can always reinstall or dual boot windows 7/8. But I understand your point. I signed up for DB because of the raved reviews of HB and their service, boy.. did they dropped the ball on this one. :rolleyes:

P.S., their updates should be labeled downdates. lol

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.