• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • RogueAssassin - A MutaRaidBT Continuation

Discussion in 'Archives' started by LaoArchAngel, Sep 23, 2011.

1. crippen

crippen New Member

Hi, I've been using MutaRaidBT for quite a while now, and to force him to use garrote, I simply removed AutoAttack() method from being called on. However, notice that 1-2seconds delayon using garrote, is a dps loss compared to starting with autoattack, keep that in mind.

I have 1900 something mastery rating, mastery is king for assasination.

The only problem I sometimes have, is that it does not always recognize a boss, so it will not use dps cooldowns such as vendetta. Noticed that on a FL boss last night, the one that does Decimate and spawns crystals on us. Gatekeeper something is his name.

2. LaoArchAngel

LaoArchAngel Member

@Versus: as fifty has mentioned, tricks, vanish, and mutilate/backstab logic are already in place. For tricks, set your intended target as your focus and tricks will be cast as soon as it is off cd. Vanish and other cooldowns are current cast on bosses only. I will be adding a gui option screen for people to choose to use vanish on non-bosses or even disable automated use.

@Sparks: I'm playing with garrote. Unfortunately, the combat rotation doesn't start until you're in combat. If you're in combat, you're already auto-attacking. Using vanish gets you off combat. We can use a sequence to force a garrote afterwards, but if it fails because you're out of range or else not behind, etc, you'll have to garrote manually. I'm looking into it.

On an unrelated note, I really wish hb came with better debugging features.

@crippen: My new framework is currently using a slightly altered algorithm to determine whether the target is a boss, but figuring out if the target is a boss is not as "straight-forward" as it should be. The tweaked algorithm may not do any better, TBH. However, when the new framework is up, it'll include settings to use cooldowns on non-boss fight targets, and you'll be able to change them on the fly. However, that can also lead to complications. Unfortunately, I cannot test it against said boss, because my raiding team is no where near ready XD.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
    3. fiftypence

fiftypence New Member

The problem with boss detection is that not all bosses have the classification "worldboss". One could test for the bosses level which should always be three levels above the player, in this case 88, but there are often adds that are level 88 too, so this method is flawed. Some bosses are designated as elite and some are not. Blizzard employ a really non-uniform boss system.

I think the only way to ensure 100% accuracy is to manually add a list of boss names in raid instances and check against them, which is a very hack-ish way of doing things.

This is doable easily, but in my opinion it is quite pointless and results in a loss of flexibility, hence why I never implemented it. Tricksing the player's focus target allows the player to switch their focus effortlessly and thus the target of their tricks, and is pretty much superior to always tricksing the tank in every situation.

4. Soulbound13

Soulbound13 New Member

Totally agree with fiftypence on this.
      I know it sounds obvious, but key-binding the macro "/focus" is incredibly helpful for switching your Focus quickly & easily.
      Just click your desired new focus on the raid frame, press your key-bound /focus macro and you have a new focus for Tricks.

If you have a spare mouse button you can macro it to, all the better.

5. crippen

crippen New Member

@LaoArchAngel its not a problem anyway, just caught me offguard that it suddenly did not use CDs. I prefer it as it is, just needs to keep my eyes open on CDs. It's not really hard to use 2 CDs :)

6. Artking

Artking New Member

@LaoArchAngel thank you very much for take MutaRaid I really appreciate it, I just want to say 2 things. I think is better that you don’t put the cdś in the profile the reasons are simple, some times is better to use vendetta whit a adds or something like that, and the second reason is vanish for example in ragnaros the rogue have to stunt the adds (some times 2 adds) the first adds usually with cheap shot so if the vanish is not ready is impossible to do it.

Sorry for my english is not my native language obviously, i hope you understand me :)

Thanks a lot for you hard work

bye

7. Soulbound13

Soulbound13 New Member

Good suggestions Artking. I think LaoArchAngel might be adding some configuration so you can choose some of these things as optional, possibly?

Thanks for your effort on this Lao, I'm looking forward to seeing the results!

8. LaoArchAngel

LaoArchAngel Member

Hey artking.

Curretly the CDs will be in the rotation for the first release. However, they are in a configuration file for which I will be making a Gui so that you can select which cooldowns are used automatically, which are never used by the bot, and whether or not to use them for trash. I feel that his is our best compromise, since using cooldowns when they don't need to be saved for tactile reasons is a huge dps boost that most users will want automated.

PS,for those of you curious: the new framework is finished except for TotT, which currently spams while on CD and doesn't let anything else happen. I will commit to my repository today as soon as I get that bug fixed. Last night I out-dpsed a fully geared mage and druid on Cho'gall, both of whom were fully equipped for heroic firelands. I, on the other hand, only have Justice Point items at best, and more than a couple items under iL 350, which I don't enchant. And I'm already obtaining gear to start the Combat rotation.

Once again, the project is open source. Please feel free to contribute as much or as little as you like.

9. Soulbound13

Soulbound13 New Member

So looking forward to trying this out :0

10. LaoArchAngel

LaoArchAngel Member

Published! It's at the GitHub (check first post).

Please download v1.0.4289.34201 and test away!

11. Soulbound13

Soulbound13 New Member

I've only had a few minutes to try this out this morning, but first impressions on the heroic dummy are that my sustained dps has increased by around 1.5 - 3k (unbuffed) and the energy management seems improved. I'll report back more when I get the chance to raid with it, probably Monday night.

Thank you again man :)
      P.S Out of interest, are you reforging to the expertise cap (26/26) or ignoring that and reforging for high mastery?

12. LaoArchAngel

LaoArchAngel Member

High mastery, definitely. Assassination rogues deal most of their dps through poisons. Almost 30%, sometimes more.

Anyway, there is a bug in the assassination rotation. The backstab logic does not properly fail when not behind a target. Sorry, it was one of those things that I could not confirm with a dummy. Anyway, I'll try to fix it today at work. If not, please wait until I get home for a fix. It seems my use of statics may not have been wise.

13. Soulbound13

Soulbound13 New Member

Ok cool, ty for the advice & update ;)

14. daniellinder

daniellinder New Member

Hi.

I just manage to do ~13k DPS on the boss dummy, how is that possible?

17.11% spellhit, so poisions are capped. IP - MH and DP - OH.

Instant poison tops the DPS meter with 24% dmg, second place goes to white hits (18%) and then Deadly poision with 14%.

Help appriciated!

15. LaoArchAngel

LaoArchAngel Member

I'm not sure I understand your question. 13k dps on the dummy is great. Keep a few things in mind:

1) you're unbuffed.
      2) your backstab rotation will never take place.

Those two points will greatly affect your deeps.

16. daniellinder

daniellinder New Member

You're completley right about that. I just did a raid and I topped the dps meter, by eaze.

I love this CC, keep it going mate!

Cheers

17. LaoArchAngel

LaoArchAngel Member

Glad it worked for you!

18. hammycakes

hammycakes New Member

Very nice work Lao, Im also noticing a great dps increase.

The issue that people are more likely to find with this CC is going to be character based I feel. As far as you part (the CC), its the best any automation can be.
      }
      Thanks again

Hammz

19. LaoArchAngel

LaoArchAngel Member

Thank you very much. I really appreciate the comments, guys. I have found an error with the aoe (it gets used during a boss fight). I will be posting a fix for that today along with a fix to the backstab bug. The release will be available in github. I'll post when it's done.

20. Soulbound13

Soulbound13 New Member

Heya LaoArchAngel,

I've noticed that you have implemented a few fixes on this CC, but the Github download appears to have the same version number (v1.0.4289.34201) each time I download it - is that normal or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you