• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • ShamWOW for HB - All Shaman Specs for Solo+Dungeons+Raids+PVP by Bobby53

Discussion in 'Archives' started by bobby53, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

He'll update this at some point in the future. I've talked to him already. He's working with Singular for now. I know things are ever changing, and Singular is constantly needing updates, so it could be a while before this gets updated. It's all up to when Bobby decides to do his coding magic. Until then, all of us shaman owners have to seek out a substitution, lol.

2. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Man... I agree with you. Every single word.
      ShamWoW was, the best of the best. This routine used to come with HB in the standard package. It was the only "official" custom routine, besides Singular...
      This routine was so good in ways people will never know. Only developers will understand the difference between this one and the others... It used to mix lua code with HB api code to do things that, even nowadays, current routines struggle to achieve...
      But we need to face the truth: ShamWoW IS DEAD... the fastest we can understand and accept this fact, the fastest we'll move on.
      Currently, the shadow of ShamWoW, its "ghost", is harming all Shaman custom routines. I wondered more than once (and I'm sure many people did the same) "why would i put effort in creating a new custom routine if ShamWoW will kick my ass when it returns..."
      Truth be told, it will never return. Singular is (with all due respect) a piece of @#$@%... it will never be over. Bobby's work will never be finished... So basically, he will not return here. I'm sure there will be many posts saying that he will, but don't believe the words you'll read, just look around and think about what you see...
      At this moment, there's not even a single fully functional Shaman routine. There are a few, of course... One of them is part of a "one in all" package... And the other one was developed by someone who doesn't even play a Shaman... and while I appreciate the effort their creators put in them, i can not but acknowledge the fact that neither of them is very good...
      So, this is my plea to you, Bobby, or whoever keeps this thread up: Put the beast to sleep. Let it rest in peace. It earned it... And let the new generation take over... Otherwise, while the ghost of ShamWoW exists, you'll be dooming all Shamans to oblivion...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
    3. Obliv

Obliv New Member

You guys that say Singular is terrible should really post logs over there so bobby can fix it. Singular has improved greatly since bobby started. It seems like every ShamWoW fan is completely blowing his talents off when discussing Singular. Bobby can fix bugs and make Singular much better, but you've got to post logs and suggestions like you did here.

Here's the link to post suggestions: http://www.thebuddyforum.com/honorb...-just-plain-works-version-3-a.html#post880296

4. u12e12a

u12e12a New Member

He's working with Singular for now , He's working with Singular for now, He's working with Singular for now.
      Singular will not end ... He's working with Singular for now .... for how long ...... .
      the story should be end and he must close this or do update for 1 week or 3 weeks on shamWOW .
      BOBBY53 emergency call Leave Singular alone and work on Shamwow ....

5. Tread4way

Tread4way New Member

This should create the following directory structure[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Guys, what Robert and I are saying is not that terrible. It's not been weeks, but months... This is abandoware. You can't live on hope alone... Hope i think, is one of the greatest man's strengths... but its also one of their greatest weaknesses. Many times, hope negates reality. It's useless to wait for something that is not going to happen... So, shut this thing down and let other people take the lead. This is how mankind works... When they need something, they do it. The problem here is that the community doesn't think it needs a shaman routine... "Why would I create a new one? Why would I reinvent the wheel? We already have ShamWoW... At some point, ShamWoW will be updated". See my point? Hopeless...
      But, if ShamWoW completely disappeared, I'm quite sure people would find a way to fill the void.

7. Lexi777

Lexi777 New Member

I understand Bobby is working with singular now and I respect that.

But just saying, I know myself (And would bet money, that others too) would pay for ShamWOW if Bobby came back and focused on it.

8. kstone2274

kstone2274 New Member

yeah because singular sucks for enhancement

9. DrDoctor

DrDoctor New Member

Replace Singular with Shamwow , problem solved and we all be happy! ;)

Might be a lot of work but so much love for HB! :cool:

10. Madcatz

Madcatz Member

11. tdbdesign

tdbdesign New Member

im botting 5 chars with dungeonbuddy and sometimes my shaman heal (running shamwow) simply runs straight in one direction eventually pull many mobs (doing nothing except running), no heal and then my group wipes. dont know if its a shamanwow based problem or if its a problem with dungeonbuddy but i think its shaman wow because its only happen to my shaman

log attached

HonorBuddy Mode: Mixed Mode (Running Party and Dungeonbuddy)
      Shamans Location: The Nexus (and happened in many other dungeons)
      What should have happened (be specific): shaman should heal group and give me more toons on lvl 90 :D
      What did happen (be specific): shaman runs straight in one direction, hitting a wall or running into mob groups pulling them -> no more heal, nothing else -> wipe
      Computer time of problem or log mark (not realm time): x

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    12. Mario27

Mario27 Banned

this cc is out of date because bobby is working on singular you should already know that by now use singular it has the same code from his shaman til he updates this

13. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Purerotation just doesn't work for healers. Period. It may be great for dpsers, but the healing mechanic is a whole different story. I've been trying it since the days it was called CLU, and its performance was always below average... to say the least.
      KingWoW, on the other hand, has some potential... but it needs some SERIOUS tweaks, it doesn't take on consideration the riptide-chain heal synergy, it doesn't use riptide for tidal waves buff, it doesn't have "oh shit" heals, it doesn't have different configurations for single target healing and raid healing, etc. I have suggested all these improvements to its creator, Attilio, but it seems he's busy with his priest CR... He has even admitted he doesn't play a Shaman... so, I'm not sure you can develop a routine for a class you don't even play...
      In other words, we Shamans are completely abandoned. In the past, no one developed routines for shamans because ShamWoW was perfect... but now, what used to be a god-like custom routine, is a rotten corpse, and the only substitutes we have are one below-average routine inside an "all in one" package, and other routine made by someone who doesn't play our class and doesn't have the time to make the necessary adjustments...
      What can I say? Perhaps we'll have better luck in the next expansion... or perhaps, people will finally accept that ShamWoW is truly dead and start developing some new custom routines for Shamans...

Oh, I almost forgot... (I had to edit the message in fact). Please don't tell me: "Bobby53 is working on Singular, He'll be back at some point". I've been hearing the same sick joke for months... and quite honestly, it isn't funny anymore.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    14. DX123

DX123 Member

im working on a resto shammy CC at the moment. Should have it out soon.

15. ccvcc

ccvcc New Member

how du you let us know if u got it =)?

16. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

I can help you, if you need it. I know everything about resto shamans, and I'm also in a raiding guild. If you need some testing or know-how, please let me know. I'll be happy to get a replacement for ShamWoW (RIP).

17. IvanRJ

IvanRJ Member

Don?t forget the low leveling friends that like to do Dungeons...
      :D

18. mithu

mithu New Member

For healing I never use a bot.
      Just get a plugin like HealBot or VuhDuh. Its basically botting w/out the botting. (Thats if you are using botbases like Lazyraider that is)

19. nullacc

nullacc Member

This CC has been great for me. 0-90+BGs. + rep.

20. ccvcc

ccvcc New Member

xD I think i gona be depresiv soon since weeks i look day for day into this forum for look if there be any news or perhapps an other nearly that nice of cc but nothing :(
      I lost the trust into god xD

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.