• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • ShamWOW for HB2 - An Enhance/Elemental/Resto + PVP/RaF Healbot by Bobby53

Discussion in 'Archives' started by bobby53, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. LiquidAtoR

LiquidAtoR Community Developer

thanks, much appreciated.

2. jaziq

jaziq New Member

getting in combat in pvp (eots) takes terribly long or is it just me?

its still trying to heal even though I disabled it -.-

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
    3. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

I'll need a log file to be able to assist. Please see the FAQ (second post in this thread) on how to create and attach one. There is a bug in HonorBuddy 1.9.2.5 which breaks ShamWOW as noted above. Using HonorBuddy 1.9.2.4 or 1.9.3.1 is recommended at present with the latest version of ShamWOW. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

4. jaziq

jaziq New Member

Oh so that was the reason.. The "stabile" version 1.9.2.5, I mean. Sorry for not reading the whole wall of text before posting

5. deadpulse

deadpulse New Member

Doesnt work for me at all in random BGs as a elemental shaman...takes a few steps and stops (does the same the whole time) doesn't like to mount either, and doesn't attack people. Am i doing something wrong?

Edit: i got it working just que'ing for AB with a resto spec. Is it just me or does Ab fail? because all it does it take a few steps and stop?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
    6. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Yea, it definitely is a wall of text. Hopefully consolidating it in one place however makes it so someone won't have to read all the posts in the thread (over 180 now) to get a question answered.

7. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Please submit a debug log for assistance with any problems. See the 2nd post in this thread ( FAQ ) for info on how to create and attach a debug log to your post.

8. Ojcamero

Ojcamero New Member

Please Please Please remove the Healing+dps logic, or give me and option to turn it off or enable it to just heal only. It's causing a lot of problems with LoS when my shaman is healing but it decides to DPS out of los. DPS causes the bot to not have los then it falls behind.

9. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Ojcamero,

Thanks for the post, but I need more details. I am providing an option that may be in line with your request for the next release, but there isn't enough specific detail describing the situation your character was in to know if it will be a solution for you. I am not sure if you mean battleground healing or RaF healing or the specifics of the environment the fight was in that an LoS situation resulted.

Please give a very literal step by step description of where your character was located, what it was doing, what the characters around you were doing, followed by what you would like it to do and I'll try to accommodate you. For an example of what I need, please see LiquidAtor's post regarding PvP which does an excellent job describing 3 fight scenarios in a battleground where he details what happened step by step.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
    10. starnzl

starnzl New Member

Thanks mate, been working a treat :)

Just a question thou.. how come the spec selection is greyed out ??

Eg when i PVP do i HAVE to use my secondary spec ?? because it says "secondary spec" and you cant change it .

ta :)

11. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Starnzl, Glad to hear it it has been working well for you! Good question regarding spec selection. The spec selection for both PVE and PVP tabs is disabled currently since automatically changing specs upon entry/exit from battlegrounds is not implemented yet. Just ignore these settings for now. Thanks for the post.

12. starnzl

starnzl New Member

Sweet as, thanks :)

Is there anyway to set healing as a higher priority ???

There is alot of times when people near me in Battlegrounds are getting attacked.. my shaman will get fixated on someone from the other side.. and let the other people on your team die.. same when its 1 vs 1 in a BG.. my shaman will cast lightning bolt at the other player.. my player gets attacked.. its at like 40% health.. yet after the lightning bolt.. instead of healing itself it casts it again .

Im watching it now.. there are 2 people in a fight infront of me.. the guy on my side is losing health.. yet my bot is just spamming lightning bolt at the other guy... and now the guy on my side is dead :p..

I dont know if its even possible.. but yeah.. if you are a resto shaman you should be doing VERY little attacking... mainly keeping yourself and others alive.. even if your just keeping yourself alive to buy some time for everyone else.. (maybe only attacking using Lava Burst, Frost Shock and Flame Shock) .. since lightning bolt takes around 2.5 seconds to cast.. and does VERY LITTLE damage when your a resto shaman.

Anyways just my 2 cents.. :)

Thanks! :)

13. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Excellent post Starnzl! I believe I understand exactly what behaviors you were seeing. It would be helpful if you could attach a log file as well so I could tie log entries to the fights you are describing and draw a better conclusion as to why it made the decision to not heal. PvP is so dynamic and random that I can't accurately recreate the scenario you witnessed, so viewing the log may help me understand how to improve ShamWOW's recognition in that circumstance.

One of the changes in the next release of ShamWOW is being able to specifically set the priority for behavior in PVP. Without giving too much away, the four I have defined are:
      Combat Only
      Combat over Healing
      Healing over Combat
      Healing Only
      I hope those cover everyone s preferences for behaviors in battlegrounds. As it stands in the current release, DPS specs probably heal too much and Resto specs probably DPS too much. More details on the upcoming release in the days ahead.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
    14. ajhobbs

ajhobbs New Member

I'm having some issues in pvp as enhancement shaman. Level 44 at the moment. Problem is the CC will target a mob, run to him, then stand there and pivot to face. Once the initial move-to-engage is performed, the character will no longer move. Makes for horrid performance to say the least. Be happy to provide any logs that might be of use, or any more detailed information I can. Currently set to combat only, no healing.

15. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Ajhobbs, Sorry to hear about your issues. They are known to exist and are the worst with the Enhancement spec. In the current release you have available, the best choice is healing regardless of spec. The next release will fix the movement issue as well as many others and work more in line with what you would expect, but for now be sure to enable healing if you are going to PvP.

16. ajhobbs

ajhobbs New Member

Ok. That's what I figured after digging into the combat logic. I realize pvp is frequently an also ran kind of thing, and I do want to thank you for a great pve bot. I'll look forward to upcoming changes.

17. LiquidAtoR

LiquidAtoR Community Developer

Looking forward to these changes although I assume you will withold the release untill there is a new release of HB in relation to the current issues with 1.9.2.5 and ShamWow.

18. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Member

Can't quite find this.
      Any help? :)

19. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

If you are using the version of ShamWOW bundled with HB, then it is in the:

CustomClasses\Config\Shaman.config

file. If you are using the version downloaded from this thread set the PVP Compbat Style set to any style that includes healing.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
    20. Jon310

Jon310 Member

Hey bobby, just trained lava lash and noticed that the bot was never using it. Decided to take a look at the logs and found this:

Code:
      [11:06:38 AM:837] %  attempting cast of Lava Lash with rangecheck=True
      [11:06:38 AM:838] % status: spell [Lava Lash] has max range of 0.0 but target is 3.4 yds away - not cast
      So the mob is in mele range but the range check on the spell wont let it cast unless the mob is under 0 yards away.

Full log is too big to attach but I can send it to you through msn if you really need it.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.